Start by marking “Distracted: Return to Eaton | When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series” as Want to Read:
Distracted: Return to Eaton | When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series

Distracted: Return to Eaton | When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series (Women of Eaton #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Erin Andersen specializes in motivation. When Stephen Spence misses one too many deadlines, the publisher sends Erin to salvage the book.
He blames writer’s block, but Erin thinks he’s narcissistic, lazy, and spending too much time partying at his beach house.
When Spence sails to the Florida Keys for some undeserved R&R, Erin tags along as first mate to avoid losing the
Published January 17th 2011 by Madeline Sloane (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Distracted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Distracted

thebookbitch
3.25 Stars
Preeti
4 stars for the amazingly delightful interplay and chemistry between Erin/Spence...you want it to go on n on...n to hell with the book (the one they r writing):))
apart from that the actual book moves as slow as this book these two are apparently working on...and as a reader i felt as if i was on a holiday too with them....all they do is drink beer,eat,sleep,sail,drink some more beer, have sex (later in the story), drink more beer, not work on this book, travel,have sex n beer,goof around, swim a
Ruth
This was a cute romance. Erin is supposed to help Stephen hurry up and get his book done, which turns out to be an impossible task. Stephen's tendency to put things off and enjoy life is cute and funny, but in real life, this guy would annoy me to no end. (And I'm laughing as I write that.) He's hard to commit to anything. Now, like I said, in fiction, this is funny, and since it's fiction, it works. And Erin has to be relaxed enough to roll along with it.

So instead of doing the book he's suppo
Miki
Great book and quite funny, Erin was the one to keep Stephen on track and she completely succumbs to his life’s style. I spent a good time and even if I know absolutely nothing about boat that wasn’t a problem at all.
Erin is a woman that isn’t sure of what she wants. I think that she is so afraid to be alone that she accepts anything. She still lives and sometimes shares the bed of her ex because it’s facile and sure?! Who is that sure when she left him because he was sleeping around? Also she
Jennifer C
This story is about an editor's assistant whose current assignment is to help a handsome playboy/artist finish his book.

This is a charming story that had all my favorite things in it: Books, Boats and hunky men (not necessairly in that order). Spence, the Male lead was a great big kid, which was needed in order to stay true to the basis of the storyline, personally that is not what I want in a male lead. That being said, Sloane did a fabulous job in writing her characters and getting her point
Beckey
An easily distracted artist has made his match in this book. The book was an enjoyable read that I really got into. I had to do a search since I am from PA and there is an Eaton Township.
I really enjoyed the ending…
In addition there is some minor grammar errors issue where the author used the wrong context of a word.
Junying
Enjoyed this romantic book - a proper review will be done once I've read the trilogy. One more to go!
Nia Lotus
Nia Lotus marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Pauline Reynolds
Pauline Reynolds marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Norna
Norna marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Grace
Grace added it
Jun 13, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Kayla Froese
Kayla Froese marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Juanita
Juanita is currently reading it
May 20, 2015
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Mical
Mical marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Marian
Marian is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2015
Lilian
Lilian marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Madeline Sloane is a writer with more than 25 years experience in journalism. In addition to fiction, she writes regional history books. Her educational background is in anthropology and she is an adjunct instructor at a private, liberal arts college.
Her books include elements of her passions – travel, boating, history and archaeology.
The characters are generally from idyllic Eaton, a fictitious
More about Madeline Sloane...

Women of Eaton (4 books)
  • East of Eaton: Return to Eaton | When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series
  • West Wind: Return to Eaton | When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series
  • Women of Eaton - Trilogy
West Wind: Return to Eaton | When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series East of Eaton: Return to Eaton | When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series Women of Eaton - Trilogy Consequence (Secrets of Eaton, #1) Incandescent (Book 2 Secrets of Eaton Series)