Start by marking “Distracted (Return to Eaton: When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Distracted (Return to Eaton: When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series, #1)

Distracted (Return to Eaton: When Love Speaks #1)

Erin Andersen specializes in motivation. When Stephen Spence misses one too many deadlines, the publisher sends Erin to salvage the book.
He blames writer’s block, but Erin thinks he’s narcissistic, lazy, and spending too much time partying at his beach house.
When Spence sails to the Florida Keys for some undeserved R&R, Erin tags along as first mate to avoid losing the
Published January 17th 2011 by Robin Van Auken (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Distracted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Distracted

thebookbitch
May 14, 2015 thebookbitch rated it liked it
3.25 Stars
Preeti S
4 stars for the amazingly delightful interplay and chemistry between Erin/Spence...you want it to go on n on...n to hell with the book (the one they r writing):))
apart from that the actual book moves as slow as this book these two are apparently working on...and as a reader i felt as if i was on a holiday too with them....all they do is drink beer,eat,sleep,sail,drink some more beer, have sex (later in the story), drink more beer, not work on this book, travel,have sex n beer,goof around, swim a
Ruth
Jan 28, 2011 Ruth rated it really liked it
This was a cute romance. Erin is supposed to help Stephen hurry up and get his book done, which turns out to be an impossible task. Stephen's tendency to put things off and enjoy life is cute and funny, but in real life, this guy would annoy me to no end. (And I'm laughing as I write that.) He's hard to commit to anything. Now, like I said, in fiction, this is funny, and since it's fiction, it works. And Erin has to be relaxed enough to roll along with it.

So instead of doing the book he's suppo
Miki
Mar 24, 2012 Miki rated it really liked it
Great book and quite funny, Erin was the one to keep Stephen on track and she completely succumbs to his life’s style. I spent a good time and even if I know absolutely nothing about boat that wasn’t a problem at all.
Erin is a woman that isn’t sure of what she wants. I think that she is so afraid to be alone that she accepts anything. She still lives and sometimes shares the bed of her ex because it’s facile and sure?! Who is that sure when she left him because he was sleeping around? Also she
Addison Bates
Jul 04, 2016 Addison Bates rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! I binge-read it on Wattpad in one day because I just couldn't wait to read more. I am very much like Erin in that I hate laziness as a trait, so it was very hard to love Spence in the beginning, but I could also follow along with her development of feelings! And in the end, I was totally #TeamSpence and shipping Sperin. What's not to love about a sexy sailor who's handy with a paintbrush?
(Tbh, wish I could have seen more Paul haha)
Jennifer C
Jun 30, 2011 Jennifer C rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
This story is about an editor's assistant whose current assignment is to help a handsome playboy/artist finish his book.

This is a charming story that had all my favorite things in it: Books, Boats and hunky men (not necessairly in that order). Spence, the Male lead was a great big kid, which was needed in order to stay true to the basis of the storyline, personally that is not what I want in a male lead. That being said, Sloane did a fabulous job in writing her characters and getting her point
Beckey
Nov 24, 2012 Beckey rated it liked it
An easily distracted artist has made his match in this book. The book was an enjoyable read that I really got into. I had to do a search since I am from PA and there is an Eaton Township.
I really enjoyed the ending…
In addition there is some minor grammar errors issue where the author used the wrong context of a word.
Junying
Sep 24, 2012 Junying rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this romantic book - a proper review will be done once I've read the trilogy. One more to go!
Sierra
May 04, 2013 Sierra rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult-fiction
2.5
Zasha
Zasha marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Neethi Akkinepally
Neethi Akkinepally marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Flora W.
Flora W. rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
R
R marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Leena
Leena rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Rulla Annleigh
Rulla Annleigh marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Mfrev
Mfrev rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Nia Lotus
Nia Lotus marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Pauline Reynolds
Pauline Reynolds marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2015
Norna
Norna marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Chrystie
Chrystie rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Grace
Grace added it
Jun 13, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Cherina
Cherina rated it liked it
May 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Robin Van Auken (also writing as Madeline Sloane) is a writer, educator and professional archaeologist. A cultural heritage specialist, she enjoys working on projects, large and small, through her freelance company, Hands on Heritage.

She has advanced degrees in anthropology and communications and she teaches American Archaeology and Media Writing courses at Lycoming College. She also directs the
More about Robin Van Auken...

Return to Eaton: When Love Speaks (3 books)
  • East of Eaton (When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance, #2)
  • West Wind (Return to Eaton: When Love Speaks Contemporary Romance Series, #3)