Start by marking “Call of the Camino: Myths, Legends and Pilgrim Stories on the Way to Santiago de Compostela” as Want to Read:

The experiences of an ordinary man on the pilgrim's path are charted in this narrative that walks along the Camino Frances to the shrine of Saint James at Santiago de Compostela and then on to Finisterre, the westernmost point of Spain. The history of the Camino is recounted, as well as several of the myths, legends, and miracle stories that have become attached--and given ...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Findhorn Press

To ask other readers questions about Call of the Camino, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Call of the Camino

Victoria
May 01, 2016 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the insights of the Camino's physically demanding structure. I agree with many reviews that the chapters seemed to repeat themselves topically with the protein bar diet and the craziness with the feet pain. I did appreciate the descriptions of the divergent weather conditions; the cross section of peoples and how diverse the attitudes of their experiences. I think of walking this path; but then, perhaps I have through this book.
Mary
May 09, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My friend is going to walk the Camino this Spring and I purchased this book for a gift for her but then I started reading. The book combines the life of the author, Robert Mullen, with the myths and legends of "The Way" a pilgrimage to Santiago Compostela. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the adventure. I would have liked more of the authors like and revelations in the story.
Brian Hildebrand
I enjoyed the physical division between the pilgrim story portions and the myths and legend portions. I found myself looking forward to each one as it came up.

This was also informative and inspiring as I hope to do the Camino Frances in July, 2015.
Anne Lawrence
Apr 09, 2015 Anne Lawrence rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful cross section of the Camino and people on pilgrimage. Loved the stories about local history and how people live and work along the Camino.
Dom
Mar 24, 2014 Dom rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story about his own trip was interesting, but the parts that were thrown in between were very varied in interest.
Chris Yavelow
Jan 21, 2013 Chris Yavelow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. The subtitle is "Myths, Legends, and Pilgrim Stories on the Way to Santiago de Compostela," and nearly every chapter begins several paragraphs or more about myth. I welcomed those interjections when they were directly related to the Camino; however, too many were not. If I had wanted a book about mythology, I'd have bought one. The remainder of each chapter was quite evocative and will bring back memories for anyone who has walked the Camino. Those who haven't will find that ...more
Judith
Jun 11, 2015 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Came across this book quite by chance.
I really enjoyed it & was sorry when I came to the end.
It's informative without being heavy......
Marty
Sep 17, 2012 Marty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining account of the author's trek in Northern Spain. (A walk I hope to take) I enjoyed the author's storytelling more than his philosophizing.
Ewald
Aug 24, 2010 Ewald rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Makes me even more excited about my upcoming Camino. Photos would be most welcome though!
Stacey
Apr 05, 2012 Stacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one ... this walk is now on my "Bucket List" ... got lots of work to do.
Kathleen Wronski
Kathleen Wronski rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Alexandra Rowen
Alexandra Rowen rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Peter
Peter rated it it was ok
May 28, 2016
Jocelyn Gooch
Jocelyn Gooch rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2016
Eglė Kriaučiūnaitė
Eglė Kriaučiūnaitė marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Elizabeth Reichow
Elizabeth Reichow marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Normaw
Normaw rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2016
Ki At
Ki At added it
Dec 20, 2015
Linda Hiemstra
Linda Hiemstra marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Alison McLin
Alison McLin rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2015
Mohawkgrl
Mohawkgrl rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Tom Nailor
Tom Nailor marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015