Nora Roberts's the Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy

Nora Roberts's the Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy (Gallaghers of Ardmore #1-3)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  3,257 ratings  ·  72 reviews
Nora Roberts's The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy "America's favorite writer" (The New Yorker) invites us into a cozy pub in Ireland, a "fantastic setting"* where magical things happen-including love. Don't miss this trilogy from the #1 New York Times bestselling author filled with the warmth of family and the wonder of the faeries...*Publishers Weekly Jewels of the Sun Tea...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Jove Books (first published 2000)

Becky
My second "bible." I'm more than lucky that it is 3-in-1! Gentle, honest, happy-ever-after romance. Something that puts a big smile on my face and in my heart to live life to the fullest and to continue hope for a true love. And the story is very similiar to Ireland of today, from what I understand ... my mother and I are starting to believe more and more the Irish blood runs true within me. I also have barely slept for the last two days, and probably at least one more sleepless night will go by...more
Samantha
So I know this lady has written a million novels but when I bought this book for some light reading on my trip to Ireland, I didn't realize it was a romance! Haha I don't know why I didn't know that. I'd give this series 2 stars through most of it- it was way too contrived. And the love scenes were way too much... But in the end I laughed a few times and reading it with an accent in my mind was fun. I literally went to a real bar where Irish men were singing and dancing together just after readi...more
Bella Andre
ewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, and Heart of the Sea are three extremely emotional, beautifully written stories set in Ireland that have stayed with me for years.
Estara
Jan 06, 2013 Estara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the Born in Series who can handle some paranormal strains
Julie
I first heard this book about 10 years ago, when I bought the trilogy on tape. This is my first time to actually read it, and I can hear the story teller in my head with their Irish accents. I love when Nora writes more than one book about the characters, it gives you time to get to know them, and when one book ends the friends you made will show up in the next book and you can say hi again. This particular trilogy is set in Ireland in a charming village where everyone knows everyone, and they a...more
Jenelle
I love reading multi-part books where the author gives you the opportunity to connect with characters and know them from many angles. I listened to the audio performances of all three novels and they were delightful! The Irish brogue added a great deal to the story. I also found myself laughing out loud a time or two. There's an element of fairies and magic, which can be a bit trite at times, but overall I really enjoyed them!
Rose Jolicooeur
I love the Iris Irish trilogy.I have been a fan of Nora Roberts for a long, long time, and have yet to be disappointed with her work. This novel is a funny, entertaining, magical description of Aidan & Jude's romance.

There is nothing this series does not hit on!! It really has everything needed to make the entire series a real page turner and the characters could be anyone of us, all you have to do is believe love can conquer all thru time and space, these books are a wonderfully enjoyable...more
Leeanne Kilpatrick
Have read this book many times. I love it. Again, like i've said about Miss Nora, there was the familiar pattern to it... And again i will say it is what it is.... More positively, i enjoy her books cuz i know i'm gonna get a good story, meet some great characters( hunky men , "scotch-taped " heroines )... She gets in, entertains us, drops in a few facts to add to our pool of knowledge and the gets out so we can get on with our day. ...... And yes i am sure she romanticizes Ireland... But those...more
Dianne
The Irish theme was lovely, countryside and folklore etc. A couple of the characters were just too much and I'd have happily thrown them off a cliff, but a nice general flow through the series.
Aruna Nandigama
A good back that takes us back to the folklore of Ireland. It is the first book in the Trilogy. A current generation woman, who faces a heart break moves to a distant place to discover herself. In her journey of Self Discovery, she discovers Friendship, Happiness, Love and Courage.

A wonderful book that takes us back to the world of faeries, warlocks etc. Nothing beats Irish Mythology.
Heather
Fun series. Handsome rich men, Irish women, powerful horses. What more could you want.
Aruna Nandigama
A wonderful trilogy, that takes us to the depths of ocean. The background story is about a prince and his love whom he casted away in arrogance. What a woman wants from someone she loves is not a mystery but yet it is.

The current generations' stories are brought into picture. All the three books could bring tears to your eyes. A wonderful read.
Becky
I loved all 3 books.Nora Roberts always makes you feel like ur right there following along w/ all the characters.I loved that there was magic mixed w/the real world way of thinking.They are two brothers and a sister who are running a tavern in good old ireland the place of magic and certain beliefs. i would recomend these books to all nora roberts fans.they stay strong and stand by eachother no matter what like sibling should.hard work fun and of course romance. definetly read...
Auroralumi
I truly enjoyed the Irish Culture that was described in this trilogy. Every character was unique, fun, and interesting! Makes you crave more knowledge about each one with every turn of the page. It was a story that captures your curiosity and indulges your craving for fantasy. It sounds like a love story but it also gives you humor, heart stopping moments, and even seconds you want to strangle a character lol. It was a cute story.
Brandy
These books were very good, they sucked you right in and made you want to drop everything & move to a quaint town in Ireland. Jude, Aidan, Shaun, Brenna, Dary & Trevor were all great main characters not to mention all the side characters. There was a lot of sex scenes between the characters but it was very repetitive after awhile. The Irish legends and songs were great and these books left you thirsty for more.
Ali
Jan 02, 2012 Ali rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Ali by: carey sturgeon
I give the whole series a 4. I'm pretty sure the second book was my favorite. Something about the third was just a tad off for me, but I can't put my finger on it right now. I love watching characters grow and hang out in the background, keeping them in the background and moving them forward when needed. It was a grand adventure and makes me want to expatriate myself and go home again like Magee.
Alicia
Oct 27, 2009 Alicia rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alicia by: Cami
Shelves: fiction, romance
Book 1, I loved. Were I rating it separately I would give it four stars. Book 2 and book were good. They are the ones I would rate with three stars.

This is a great family. The characters are fun to read about. There is just enough fantasy thrown in to make it interesting but not so much that it takes over the story or is heavy handed.
Sam
It was amazing, I love her style of writing, how she goes from character to character letting us into there minds. It really adds to the story and helps you truly understand what message she is conveying. It's romantic, its lustful, its deep, and wonderful. I could read it a thousand times over and still be in love with it.
SL
Awesome!! They all spoke to me and really made me want to visit Ireland some day. Roberts wraps up the series in a short story on her official website, and that's a perfect ending. This is a must read series with engaging characters and fantasy. Settle down and be prepared to not stop until you've finished them all.
Tiana
This is a reread for me of the collection my sister gave me way back when. I love the visuals, it gave me a strong reminder of my visit to Ireland and its wonderful people. Definitely just a fun read, nothing to get too deep about. And Shawn Gallagher is the best sibling I think.
Gloria
Call me a sucker for the folklore of this trilogy! I loved the descriptions of old Irish tales and Ireland itself...Loved the characters and the atmosphere you could FEEL reading these three books. Highly recommended. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!!
Chia Xiong
I loved this trilogy! It was my first time reading Nora Roberts. I didn't think I would be into corny romance novels, but I am hooked! I love the fantasy aspect of these books. Ireland, faeries, ghosts, and hot guys - what's not to love?!
Schimen Scott
If you like romantic fantasy and believe in ghosts this is a great read. Set in Ireland and full of magical delights. The Gallagher's are a funny, loving, tempestuous and engaging brothers and sister trio. I enjoyed it!
Joann Lagomarsino

While I'm not really a "romance" fan... I love Nora Robert's fantasy/sci fi books. This one is a little heavier on the romance and lighter on the fantasy then some of the others I love... But it is still really good.
Joy Gerbode
Thoroughly enjoyed this entire collection, although I read them in individual books, not one collection. Very good ... romance, mystery, magic! Lots of fun, and a good glimpse into the Irish people and culture. I loved them!
Erin M
enjoyed this trilogy...very nora roberts. this trilogy follows a family and its nice because each book focuses on someone elses story but at the same time they all have a common theme and goal they are striving to achieve.
Kristy Manning
My favorite of Nora's trilogies merely because not ONE of them sucks. I often start one of her trilogies only to be greatly disappointed by one of the 3 books, but I enjoyed all 3 stories about the Gallagher siblings.
Becky Pinson
It has been a while since I have read this trilogy, but I remember it as being one of my favorites from Nora Roberts. It added some fantasy to the story line which I do not find in her typical romance stories.

Melissa K
My absolute favorite trilogy (and books, period) by Nora Roberts. This is my equivalent to "comfort food". Starts off slow but well worth it. Definitely recommend to any Nora fan or fan of romance.
Becci
I really liked the stories, especially the second, but the first was abridged far too much. And I wish they would stop taking out the good parts - women buy these books for a reason.
  • J.D. Robb Collection 1: Naked in Death, Glory in Death, Immortal in Death
  • Alone with You (Kowalski Family, #6.5)
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Nell's Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)
  • Kentucky Heat
  • Close to You (O'Neil Brothers #2)
  • A Home of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #4)
  • Falling Awake
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...