Start by marking “Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3 (Blue Exorcist #3)

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,294 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
As a new Exorcist Esquire at True Cross Academy, Rin Okumura has a long way to go before he reaches the top rank of Paladin. When Rin and his classmates are sent to search for a ghost, Amaimon, King of Earth, takes Rin by surprise and steals the Koma Sword. Higher powers have been observing events at the academy and make their presence known. New players enter the game, an ...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3

Veronica Morfi
Sep 06, 2015 Veronica Morfi rated it it was amazing

juan carlos
Mar 23, 2016 juan carlos rated it really liked it
Este tomo me agrado mucho más que el anterior, ya que aquí ya tenemos misiones, nuevos personajes mas fuertes y misteriosos. Nuestro protagonista tienen que enfrentar pruebas y creerse un gran exorcista y no depender de la llama azul.

¿Para qué leer Blue exorcist vol 3?

1. Para ver como los lazos de amistad son eternos y duraderos, cuando las personas conocen a debilidades y aciertos.
2. Conocemos la historia y antecedentes de muchos personajes misteriosos.
3. El material extra nos ayuda a entende
Cornerofmadness
Mar 04, 2012 Cornerofmadness rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Buried under the boy’s manga themes of fight scenes and big bosomed girls wearing next to nothing, are some interesting ideas. I’m liking this manga more than I expected to. We start to get to know the real Rin in this volume, beneath the bluster. The brothers’ relationship is examined and it is inherently uneven. Rin, the protector, is all about his muscles. His twin, Yukio, is the studious one and at True Cross Academy the power is actually all Yukio’s as he’s already an instructor and well, R ...more
Josu
Dec 17, 2014 Josu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-diciembre, 10x20
4.5.

Por qué este manga está siendo tan maravilloso. Por favor. Me encanta la profundidad del personaje de Rin, e incluso me he llegado a emocionar un poquito con ciertos recuerdos. Que, hablando de recuerdos, creo que son de lo mejorcito que hace Kato. Ay, qué ganas de seguir. Este tomo ha sido GENIAL.
MissAnnThrope
22 January 2013

Blue Exorcist, Volume 3 begins with Rin and the gang busily completing missions at their newly graduated level of Exwire. Rin proves again that his methods may be unconventional, but he does things with a big heart. My favorite scene is with him and Kuro, particularly with the special wine. It was touching, funny, and very revealing of the kind of character Rin truly is.
(view spoiler)

While on a mission to find a ghost, Shie
Tsaki
مطمئنم بعدن شیمی و رین به هم می رسن :| شک ندارم :|
Chivitouille
Feb 22, 2014 Chivitouille rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2014
Estoy disfrutando mucho este manga, mucho más ahora que lo leo antes de ver el anime (decisión muy acertada, debería de admitir).
Rin sigue pareciéndome un personaje genial, es divertido, tiene un buen corazón, usa una espada y ahora tiene un compañero bastante particular.
Shiemi ha ido evolucionando y cada vez me agrada más, siempre esforzándose y preocupándose por ayudar a los demás.
Yukio, creo que debería relajarse un poco más, aunque es la contraparte de Rin en muchos aspectos, siento que en e
Sara Williams
This book was about as exciting as all the other ones in the series! Apart from the other volumes, volume 3 ends in a major cliffhanger and I cannot possibly wait to get my hands on the sequel. I definitely recommend this one for anyone looking for a quick, fun read concerning demons and exorcists.
Pato Myers
Jul 27, 2015 Pato Myers rated it really liked it
I really liked the use of short flashbacks, it doesn't distract from the main plot by dragging on and is relevant to present motivations and action. There is also just enough mystery to keep the reader intrigued, but doesn't take focus away from characters and their goals.
Jade
May 26, 2015 Jade rated it it was amazing
In book 3, Rin tames a familiar, and proves thast he can do more than just use his flame. Rin also meets one of his "brothers", and gets it to a serious, op (over powered) fight.

This was anthor amazing book in the seres. Not much more to say other than I loved this.
Yaya
Aug 21, 2014 Yaya rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
It wasn't Shura Kirigakure's giant breasts being held in place by an ill fitted bikini top, it was that no significant contributions were made to the principal storyline, and I don't like that.
Jan 23, 2016 Sarah added it
So I kinda marathoned the first four volumes and NOW I WANT MORE! This manga is seriously so entertaining. And Rin's adorable. Son of Satan? I hardly buy it. He's too precious.
Claudia  Carpio Valdivia
Jan 06, 2016 Claudia Carpio Valdivia rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangas-comics, 2016
La historia cada vez comienza a ponerse más interesante. ¡¡¡Ese final de tomo!!!
Natascha
Sep 15, 2014 Natascha rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun-reads
So because Goodreads doesn't have all the volumes of this manga listed, I'm going to put my two cents in right here. I'm late to this manga because I only ever watched the anime but after rewatching that a few days ago I really wanted to spend some more time in this fictional world so I started reading the manga. And boy do I love it! Just to paint a picture, there are 60 bundles of 4 to 5 volumes in total out of this manga and I've read 58 of those bundles in the past two days.

Of course you ca
Sarah Hayes
Sep 25, 2012 Sarah Hayes rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Another great volume of Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist, with a whole lot of Rin Okamura problems and whumpage as well as some adorable Shiemi and a huge character reveal. Plus, more Amaimon which I know fans love cause he causes so much trouble every time he shows up. As usual, the art is lush and wonderful and there's an expert blend of drama and humor. I especially loved the brotherly dynamics between Rin and Yukio in this book. And the cover is simply too cute for words!
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Jan 26, 2016 Jamie (Books and Ladders) rated it really liked it
Chapter 8 Rating: 4*
Chapter 9 Rating: 3.5*
Chapter 10 Rating: 3.5*
Chapter 11 Rating: 3.5*
Overall Rating: 3.625*

I feel like this had a bit of filler to get us used to characters and introduced to more characters, but I am excited to see this next arc! I think the whole forest/lantern thing is going to be interesting, however I hope it doesn't take too long. I think Rin is becoming a great character and I am enjoying learning about his backstory and his upbringing. But this volume had too much fill
Pers
Oct 02, 2012 Pers rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-comics
I'm not impressed that they took a perfectly awesome manga series and threw in a half naked woman and bunch of drivel about "big boobs" but the story was strong enough not to drop it to a 3. That crap is why I don't generally read much manga though. I know Western comics have the same unrealistic body types but they don't tend to fixate on womens' parts in quite the same juvenile way.
Scott Lee
Jul 12, 2016 Scott Lee rated it really liked it
This volume is still real early in the series and so is still introducing characters that seem destined to figure prominently.

We meet Kuro, Father Fujimoto's old familiar, who becomes attached to Rin, along with Amaimo, who calls himself the King of earth. He's a demon seen first with Mephisto and then later playfully attacks Rin. Finally the volume introduces Shura Kirigakure who hints further that Mephisto has his own plans independent of the Knights of the True Cross and is present both as i
Austin Vue
I read “Blue Exorcist volume 3” by Kazue Kato. I would say that this book is one my favorite books. It’s one my favorites because it’s in particularly in my favorite genres, fantasy. It’s full of magic and it is a good story of past and present. The setting is I guess at a magic school, carnival, and a forest. The main characters Rin Okumura, Yukio Okumura, Shiemi Moriyama, Ryuji Suguro, Renzo Shima, Konekomaru Miwa, Izumo Kamiki, Amaimon, Mephisto Pheles, Shiro Fujimoto, and Shura Kirigakure. T ...more
Sarah Maddaford
I have to admit that the addition of boob jokes always brings the story down a bit for me. Otherwise, I thought this volume was excellent. Kuro is a great character. His relationships with both Father Fujimoto and Rin are fantastic ways to show the grey in the fight between humans and demons. Not all demons are evil or at least not permanently. I also thought that it was good to show Rin seeing what his powers could do.
This volume is the start of the infamous boob jokes. The Japanese seems to th
Ashley Chen
Jan 01, 2013 Ashley Chen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-or-manga
May Contain Spoilers

OMGOMGOMG GREATTTT!!!

In this volume you got to know more about Father Shiro Fujimoto! He was sooooo cooooool!! ;A; He kind of reminds me of Kisuke Urahara, silly but a BAMF!

A little more of the mystery was cleared. Some of the "purpose" we saw in this volume. It sure makes this series interesting! Haha, somehow the Vatican got involved in this. Quite interesting eh? Oh which reminds me that we got introduce to a new character, Shura. She is SUPER badass! She is funny too!

Ama
Emy
Apr 15, 2012 Emy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, shounen-manga
Rin Okumura is the illegitimate son of Satan, but he and his twin brother, Yukio, have been raised by Father Fujimoto, a famous exorcist. Once he discovers the truth, Rin swears to defeat Satan by entering the famous True Cross Academy and becoming an exorcist himself. The only trouble is, he has to keep his demon heritage a secret or he stands a good chance of being destroyed by the very people he wants to join.

I don't want to give away much of the plot now it's getting further in the series, s
Jessi
Dec 19, 2015 Jessi rated it it was amazing
This manga is up there in my top 10. Action, adventure, a smidgen of romance. The character designs are all quite unique which I appreciate. As an aside, the manga and anime are so far removed from each other one you get past that first story arc that they could be 2 completely different stories. They are both quite good, though. Do both.
Marissa
Sep 08, 2015 Marissa rated it it was ok
Honestly, they introduced the ridiculously endowed woman wearing a bikini top that just covered her nipples and I was done. I trudged on and finished it but I'm not going to be finishing the series anytime soon. I'll stick to anime's on Netflix that have a strong story line and great characters that don't have to resort to sexual methods.
Chels M.
Jan 30, 2012 Chels M. rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, navidad-2011
Quizás sea el más flojo de los tres que llevo leídos, pero ya veis la nota, un 4/5, así que... ¿a qué esperáis para empezar con Blue Exorcist?

Cosas que debo decir porque sino no podré irme a dormir tranquila:
-Amaimon
-Necesito un muñequito en miniatura de Mephisto Pheles.
-Por favor, que mi teoría no sea cierta.
-¿Por qué las chicas siempre llevan faldas? ¿No se pueden poner pantalones? O_O
-Empieza a haber tema-que-quema entre varias personas JORL.
-Aparece un nuevo personaje, ¡se descubre el miste
Jocelyne
May 05, 2014 Jocelyne rated it really liked it
April 2014: 4 Stars
Enter Kirigakure! Her entrance took me completely by surprise!
May I ask: what is Amaimon's purpose? So far, he's been a pain in the butt, and he hasn't driven the plot very much. He's an interesting character though, I guess. He reminds me of Eiji Nizuma in Bakuman, for some reason.
I really liked Chapter 11 :3 Rin's childhood interests me!
Kami
Nov 07, 2014 Kami rated it it was ok
- Kuro is cute! I was happy with how things turned out for him.

- Shura needs to put on a shirt! Geez! No woman would wear a bra that small. It would be so uncomfortable.

- I don't trust Mephisto. He is bad news.
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 19
  • Pandora Hearts, Volume 09
  • 黒執事 XIII [Kuroshitsuji XIII] (Black Butler, #13)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 04 (Soul Eater, #4)

Blue Exorcist (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1  (Blue Exorcist, #1)
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 2
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 4
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 5
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 6
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 8
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 9
  • 青の祓魔師 10 [Ao no Futsumashi 10] (Blue Exorcist, #10)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 11

“Tienes que usar esa terrible fuerza que tienes por alguien, por algo, por lo que sea que te haga mejor persona.” 2 likes