Start by marking “Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3 (Blue Exorcist #3)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  4,662 ratings  ·  62 reviews
As a new Exorcist Esquire at True Cross Academy, Rin Okumura has a long way to go before he reaches the top rank of Paladin. When Rin and his classmates are sent to search for a ghost, Amaimon, King of Earth, takes Rin by surprise and steals the Koma Sword. Higher powers have been observing events at the academy and make their presence known. New players enter the game, an ...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1 by Kazue KatoBlack Butler, Vol. 05 by Yana TobosoOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 by Bisco HatoriNaruto, Vol. 51 by Masashi KishimotoHighschool of the Dead, Vol. 1 by Daisuke Sato
Manga realeased in America in 2011
28th out of 73 books — 51 voters
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
good manga
332nd out of 449 books — 186 voters

More lists with this book...

Cornerofmadness
Buried under the boy’s manga themes of fight scenes and big bosomed girls wearing next to nothing, are some interesting ideas. I’m liking this manga more than I expected to. We start to get to know the real Rin in this volume, beneath the bluster. The brothers’ relationship is examined and it is inherently uneven. Rin, the protector, is all about his muscles. His twin, Yukio, is the studious one and at True Cross Academy the power is actually all Yukio’s as he’s already an instructor and well, R ...more
Josu
4.5.

Por qué este manga está siendo tan maravilloso. Por favor. Me encanta la profundidad del personaje de Rin, e incluso me he llegado a emocionar un poquito con ciertos recuerdos. Que, hablando de recuerdos, creo que son de lo mejorcito que hace Kato. Ay, qué ganas de seguir. Este tomo ha sido GENIAL.
MissAnnThrope
22 January 2013

Blue Exorcist, Volume 3 begins with Rin and the gang busily completing missions at their newly graduated level of Exwire. Rin proves again that his methods may be unconventional, but he does things with a big heart. My favorite scene is with him and Kuro, particularly with the special wine. It was touching, funny, and very revealing of the kind of character Rin truly is.
(view spoiler)

While on a mission to find a ghost, Shie
Sara Williams
This book was about as exciting as all the other ones in the series! Apart from the other volumes, volume 3 ends in a major cliffhanger and I cannot possibly wait to get my hands on the sequel. I definitely recommend this one for anyone looking for a quick, fun read concerning demons and exorcists.
Pato Myers
I really liked the use of short flashbacks, it doesn't distract from the main plot by dragging on and is relevant to present motivations and action. There is also just enough mystery to keep the reader intrigued, but doesn't take focus away from characters and their goals.
Jade
In book 3, Rin tames a familiar, and proves thast he can do more than just use his flame. Rin also meets one of his "brothers", and gets it to a serious, op (over powered) fight.

This was anthor amazing book in the seres. Not much more to say other than I loved this.
Yaya
Aug 21, 2014 Yaya rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
It wasn't Shura Kirigakure's giant breasts being held in place by an ill fitted bikini top, it was that no significant contributions were made to the principal storyline, and I don't like that.
Negar
از این دختره شیمی متنفرم :|
مطمئنم بعدن شیمی و رین به هم می رسن :| شک ندارم :|
Chivitouille
Estoy disfrutando mucho este manga, mucho más ahora que lo leo antes de ver el anime (decisión muy acertada, debería de admitir).
Rin sigue pareciéndome un personaje genial, es divertido, tiene un buen corazón, usa una espada y ahora tiene un compañero bastante particular.
Shiemi ha ido evolucionando y cada vez me agrada más, siempre esforzándose y preocupándose por ayudar a los demás.
Yukio, creo que debería relajarse un poco más, aunque es la contraparte de Rin en muchos aspectos, siento que en e
Natascha
So because Goodreads doesn't have all the volumes of this manga listed, I'm going to put my two cents in right here. I'm late to this manga because I only ever watched the anime but after rewatching that a few days ago I really wanted to spend some more time in this fictional world so I started reading the manga. And boy do I love it! Just to paint a picture, there are 60 bundles of 4 to 5 volumes in total out of this manga and I've read 58 of those bundles in the past two days.

Of course you ca
Pers
I'm not impressed that they took a perfectly awesome manga series and threw in a half naked woman and bunch of drivel about "big boobs" but the story was strong enough not to drop it to a 3. That crap is why I don't generally read much manga though. I know Western comics have the same unrealistic body types but they don't tend to fixate on womens' parts in quite the same juvenile way.
Julia
I'm really enjoying this manga series so far! Super pumped it see were this series goes.

(view spoiler)
Sarah Maddaford
I have to admit that the addition of boob jokes always brings the story down a bit for me. Otherwise, I thought this volume was excellent. Kuro is a great character. His relationships with both Father Fujimoto and Rin are fantastic ways to show the grey in the fight between humans and demons. Not all demons are evil or at least not permanently. I also thought that it was good to show Rin seeing what his powers could do.
This volume is the start of the infamous boob jokes. The Japanese seems to th
Ashley Chen
May Contain Spoilers

OMGOMGOMG GREATTTT!!!

In this volume you got to know more about Father Shiro Fujimoto! He was sooooo cooooool!! ;A; He kind of reminds me of Kisuke Urahara, silly but a BAMF!

A little more of the mystery was cleared. Some of the "purpose" we saw in this volume. It sure makes this series interesting! Haha, somehow the Vatican got involved in this. Quite interesting eh? Oh which reminds me that we got introduce to a new character, Shura. She is SUPER badass! She is funny too!

Ama
Emy
Rin Okumura is the illegitimate son of Satan, but he and his twin brother, Yukio, have been raised by Father Fujimoto, a famous exorcist. Once he discovers the truth, Rin swears to defeat Satan by entering the famous True Cross Academy and becoming an exorcist himself. The only trouble is, he has to keep his demon heritage a secret or he stands a good chance of being destroyed by the very people he wants to join.

I don't want to give away much of the plot now it's getting further in the series, s
Chels M.
Quizás sea el más flojo de los tres que llevo leídos, pero ya veis la nota, un 4/5, así que... ¿a qué esperáis para empezar con Blue Exorcist?

Cosas que debo decir porque sino no podré irme a dormir tranquila:
-Amaimon
-Necesito un muñequito en miniatura de Mephisto Pheles.
-Por favor, que mi teoría no sea cierta.
-¿Por qué las chicas siempre llevan faldas? ¿No se pueden poner pantalones? O_O
-Empieza a haber tema-que-quema entre varias personas JORL.
-Aparece un nuevo personaje, ¡se descubre el miste
Jocelyne
April 2014: 4 Stars
Enter Kirigakure! Her entrance took me completely by surprise!
May I ask: what is Amaimon's purpose? So far, he's been a pain in the butt, and he hasn't driven the plot very much. He's an interesting character though, I guess. He reminds me of Eiji Nizuma in Bakuman, for some reason.
I really liked Chapter 11 :3 Rin's childhood interests me!
Kami
- Kuro is cute! I was happy with how things turned out for him.

- Shura needs to put on a shirt! Geez! No woman would wear a bra that small. It would be so uncomfortable.

- I don't trust Mephisto. He is bad news.
Monika
Jan 29, 2014 Monika rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shounen manga readers
I enjoyed reading this volume as much as I enjoyed first two. It's really typical shounen manga even though it's really entertaining and absorbing with a quite original plot. Can't wait to get next volume in my hands as soon as it comes out in my country :D

Ein, zwei, drei!
Julia
Ithink the book is really good, but somethimes it's a little bit confusing to know what's going on because the book has a lot of flashbacks, and it makes me a bit confuse.
Saphirablue
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Rin meets some interesting characters, one questionably mysterious and the other well...What a cliffhanger near the end there. Good volume as always.
Lucía Cafeína
Engancha de mala manera. ¿Cómo pueden dejar ese final? *-*
Ya se empiezan a formar parejas en mi cabeza... lalalala
Jayme Perks
I swear, these books get better and better!!! I can't get enough of this manga series!!!! I can't wait to continue!!!
Rachel (Sfogs)
Kuro is soooo adorable!
Rin has yet another watcher..
And a rude ghost-demon.
Gabrielle
The art is amazing and it's just like show
Lucy Travis
All I can say is that if Rin or Yukio came to my school, I would so date them <3
Sarah Hasanat
One of my favorites.
Recommended highly.
Still on going though.
Dani
I love that Rin seems to know his strengths and his weaknesses (he's not the brightest tip off the old block) and he works with what he has an doesn't moan and whine. I also love seeing Rin when he's just being a "human" - cooking food and being excited.

Shigure gets a shock!

**Mild Spoilers**
Loved the arc with Rin and Kuro Shiro's demon cat familiar. Awww, he's just sad! We meet the lovely busted Shura and meet one of Rin's siblings, tag never was so hard.
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 7: Crossroad (D.Gray-man, #7)
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 09
  • 黒執事 [Kuroshitsuji] XIII (Black Butler, #13)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 03 (Soul Eater, #3)

Blue Exorcist (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1  (Blue Exorcist, #1)
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 2
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 4
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 5
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 6
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 8
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 9
  • 青の祓魔師 [Ao no Futsumashi] 10 (Blue Exorcist, #10)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 11
Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1  (Blue Exorcist, #1) Blue exorcist, Tome 2 Blue exorcist, Tome 4 Blue exorcist, Tome 5 Blue Exorcist, Vol. 6

“Tienes que usar esa terrible fuerza que tienes por alguien, por algo, por lo que sea que te haga mejor persona.” 1 likes