Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3 (Blue Exorcist / Ao no Exorcist #3)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  2,771 ratings  ·  38 reviews
As a new Exorcist Esquire at True Cross Academy, Rin Okumura has a long way to go before he reaches the top rank of Paladin. When Rin and his classmates are sent to search for a ghost, Amaimon, King of Earth, takes Rin by surprise and steals the Koma Sword. Higher powers have been observing events at the academy and make their presence known. New players enter the game, an...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 4th 2010)

Black Butler, Vol. 05 by Yana TobosoBlue Exorcist, Vol. 1 by Kazue KatoOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 by Bisco HatoriNaruto, Vol. 51 by Masashi KishimotoHighschool of the Dead, Vol. 1 by Daisuke Sato
Manga realeased in America in 2011
27th out of 73 books — 46 voters
Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
good manga
318th out of 454 books — 158 voters

More lists with this book...

Cornerofmadness
Buried under the boy’s manga themes of fight scenes and big bosomed girls wearing next to nothing, are some interesting ideas. I’m liking this manga more than I expected to. We start to get to know the real Rin in this volume, beneath the bluster. The brothers’ relationship is examined and it is inherently uneven. Rin, the protector, is all about his muscles. His twin, Yukio, is the studious one and at True Cross Academy the power is actually all Yukio’s as he’s already an instructor and well, R...more
MissAnnThrope
22 January 2013

Blue Exorcist, Volume 3 begins with Rin and the gang busily completing missions at their newly graduated level of Exwire. Rin proves again that his methods may be unconventional, but he does things with a big heart. My favorite scene is with him and Kuro, particularly with the special wine. It was touching, funny, and very revealing of the kind of character Rin truly is.
(view spoiler)

While on a mission to find a ghost, Shie...more
Chivitouille
Estoy disfrutando mucho este manga, mucho más ahora que lo leo antes de ver el anime (decisión muy acertada, debería de admitir).
Rin sigue pareciéndome un personaje genial, es divertido, tiene un buen corazón, usa una espada y ahora tiene un compañero bastante particular.
Shiemi ha ido evolucionando y cada vez me agrada más, siempre esforzándose y preocupándose por ayudar a los demás.
Yukio, creo que debería relajarse un poco más, aunque es la contraparte de Rin en muchos aspectos, siento que en e...more
Pers
I'm not impressed that they took a perfectly awesome manga series and threw in a half naked woman and bunch of drivel about "big boobs" but the story was strong enough not to drop it to a 3. That crap is why I don't generally read much manga though. I know Western comics have the same unrealistic body types but they don't tend to fixate on womens' parts in quite the same juvenile way.
Sarah Maddaford
I have to admit that the addition of boob jokes always brings the story down a bit for me. Otherwise, I thought this volume was excellent. Kuro is a great character. His relationships with both Father Fujimoto and Rin are fantastic ways to show the grey in the fight between humans and demons. Not all demons are evil or at least not permanently. I also thought that it was good to show Rin seeing what his powers could do.
This volume is the start of the infamous boob jokes. The Japanese seems to th...more
Ashley Chen
May Contain Spoilers

OMGOMGOMG GREATTTT!!!

In this volume you got to know more about Father Shiro Fujimoto! He was sooooo cooooool!! ;A; He kind of reminds me of Kisuke Urahara, silly but a BAMF!

A little more of the mystery was cleared. Some of the "purpose" we saw in this volume. It sure makes this series interesting! Haha, somehow the Vatican got involved in this. Quite interesting eh? Oh which reminds me that we got introduce to a new character, Shura. She is SUPER badass! She is funny too!

Ama...more
Emy
Rin Okumura is the illegitimate son of Satan, but he and his twin brother, Yukio, have been raised by Father Fujimoto, a famous exorcist. Once he discovers the truth, Rin swears to defeat Satan by entering the famous True Cross Academy and becoming an exorcist himself. The only trouble is, he has to keep his demon heritage a secret or he stands a good chance of being destroyed by the very people he wants to join.

I don't want to give away much of the plot now it's getting further in the series, s...more
Chels M.
Quizás sea el más flojo de los tres que llevo leídos, pero ya veis la nota, un 4/5, así que... ¿a qué esperáis para empezar con Blue Exorcist?

Cosas que debo decir porque sino no podré irme a dormir tranquila:
-Amaimon ♥
-Necesito un muñequito en miniatura de Mephisto Pheles.
-Por favor, que mi teoría no sea cierta.
-¿Por qué las chicas siempre llevan faldas? ¿No se pueden poner pantalones? O_O
-Empieza a haber tema-que-quema entre varias personas JORL.
-Aparece un nuevo personaje, ¡se descubre el mist...more
Jocelyne
April 2014: 4 Stars
Enter Kirigakure! Her entrance took me completely by surprise!
May I ask: what is Amaimon's purpose? So far, he's been a pain in the butt, and he hasn't driven the plot very much. He's an interesting character though, I guess. He reminds me of Eiji Nizuma in Bakuman, for some reason.
I really liked Chapter 11 :3 Rin's childhood interests me!
Monika
Jan 29, 2014 Monika rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shounen manga readers
I enjoyed reading this volume as much as I enjoyed first two. It's really typical shounen manga even though it's really entertaining and absorbing with a quite original plot. Can't wait to get next volume in my hands as soon as it comes out in my country :D

Ein, zwei, drei!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Rin meets some interesting characters, one questionably mysterious and the other well...What a cliffhanger near the end there. Good volume as always.
Another great volume of Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist, with a whole lot of Rin Okamura problems and whumpage as well as some adorable Shiemi and a huge character reveal. Plus, more Amaimon which I know fans love cause he causes so much trouble every time he shows up. As usual, the art is lush and wonderful and there's an expert blend of drama and humor. I especially loved the brotherly dynamics between Rin and Yukio in this book. And the cover is simply too cute for words!
Rosa
It had been a while since I read the previous volume so I was a little confused when I first started reading it, but I got situated rather quickly. Everyone is observing Rin in the volume and waiting to see what happens. I found the story line with Fujimoto's cat very sweet. Rin's father's former apprentice is still very torn about Rin and it will be interesting to see how that relationship eventually plays itself out.
Meg Fee
I really enjoyed this book as well. Definetly one of my favorite shounen manga series. We got to meet some more of his classmates, who aren't neccessarily as they appear to be. We got to see him fight some more. The principal/president got more mysterious. And more flashbacks of Father Shiro. You get to see that Rin really was like a son to him, they're very similar. :)
Warnie B.
Aaaaaand the scantily-clad big-boobed character appears. Yawn. I still really like the story other than that though, and in this volume we learn more about the exorcist hierarchy and about what Father Fujimoto's place in it was. I really liked the part with Kuro too--I knew it was catnip in that grenade all along!
Courtney
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

The action in this is wonderful and the thickening plot keeps me wanting more. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a demon/exorcist twist to their reading schedule.
Rebecca Ann
lots of mild fanservice in this one (gag), but still entertaining.
Jacob Jones
Woo! Love this series... and holy crud the tests are just getting harder as they go! Poor guys. And just what I like from a manga series: they keep throwing surprise after surprise at you! The sad part is I have to wait until I can go to Barnes & Nobel to get the next one!
Sara
Aw, Rin and Shiemi are cute together. But she would be cute with Yukio too. Haha- there are demons and sword fights going on, but I'm focused on a potential romance...figures.

This is still getting better and better. I like this series so far.
Dylan Murphy
Another awesome volume of Blue Exorcist!
The way that the story is developing is amazing, and I am loving where they are taking the plot line.
One big plus of this one is the demon encyclopedia in the back. That was very interesting.

Sophie
With this series I'm always torn between 3 and 4 stars, but so far it hasn't grabbed me enough to earn the fourth star. But I still want to read on because it's intriguing and I like the characters. Ah, the woes of a manga reader.
jenni  Ⓥ
I love this series and I have enjoyed each volume. This one is no exception despite Shura's ridiculous boobs. This series is aimed at teen boys, so what should I expect? My favorite part was the introduction of Kuro and the catnip wine.
Kate
*Queen Diva*
I'm really excited about this series! I think its really fun and I get excited to read it. I have nothing new to say about the series - just the same old: I love the characters. I love Rin. I love it all!

Onward!
D
I am really digging this series. I don't like the lady that makes an appearance wearing a string bikini top though. I am kind of over this all "check out these knockers" in the manga I wanna enjoy. ;3;
Selena
I must say, Shura's costume must be painful... That bikini top is about three sizes too small. I know it's for fanservice, but I just can't get over how much that must hurt...
Lotte
Amazing~
just as I expected <3
This manga was amazing and the end wis simply heart stopping.
I am dying to read the next one!!!!
Lakendra
It was great. I can't wait to read the rest. I am currently watching the show on Animehere.com
Hailey
EEEEEEE! It was great! I loved it. But then again I'm a sucker for this kind of manga. ;)
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 09
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 05 (Soul Eater, #5)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 8 (Black Butler, #8)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 03: The Rewinding City (D.Gray-man, #3)
Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1 Blue exorcist, Tome 2 Blue exorcist, Tome 4 Blue exorcist, Tome 5 Blue Exorcist, Vol. 6

“Tienes que usar esa terrible fuerza que tienes por alguien, por algo, por lo que sea que te haga mejor persona.” 1 likes