Code of the Clans (Warriors Series)

Code of the Clans (Warriors: Field Guide)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  3,174 ratings  ·  62 reviews
The secrets behind the warrior code will finally be revealed.

An ominous sign from StarClan that signaled the need to patrol borders

The unexpected help from a warrior ancestor that cemented the importance of elders

A secret coup that led to a deputy's new role

A medicine cat's pleas that stopped a spree of interClan bloodshed

and many more never-before-told stories
Published June 9th 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published June 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Code of the Clans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code of the Clans

Wolfshadow
Sep 27, 2009 Wolfshadow rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Warrior lover seeking more than just Thunderclan's recent.
This book provides an in-depth look at the Warrior code and its rules. Walk with Flowerstem on her journey to become leader; Find the cruel leader of Shadowclan's attack on a Gathering;understand why cats may not have friendships with other clans. Full-color pictures.
Wildheart
Dec 27, 2010 Wildheart rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
I loved this book, it showed the true stories about the warrior code which made it very interesting! I read the rule, 'Warriors Reject The Soft Life Of A Kittypet' before I read Bluestar's Prophecy so I knew what happened to Pinestar, it made me rofl. This is a good book to pick at, like read some at a time which is what I did.
Véronique
If you love warriors then this book is for you, it explain how the warrior code was created. Each of the codes have there stories about how it got created and why. I tought it was really interesting to know why the code have been created and all the stories are short and fun to read, like I said a most for the fans.
Nathalie
Probably one of the most useful references for those who want to understand the famous warrior code. Mostly, it makes an allusion in the novels of the series, but here everything is together in one book illustrated with beautiful drawings. A must !
Dolly
Sep 20, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: middle grade readers
This is another Warriors Field Guides by the group of women who use the pseudonym Erin Hunter. The narratives were interesting and they are more coherent than some of the other guides.

Still, our youngest is determined to read every book in the Warriors Universe and I plan to read them right along with her. The stories are entertaining and I love that our youngest daughter is passionate about these books.

interesting quote:

"You cannot force a cat to be faithful. That would be far worse than lett...more
Anna
This book gives solid explanations for all the rules of Warrior Code. Even those which seem to be a pure tradition, like sitting vigil at the night of warrior ceremony, actually have a very good reasons behind them. At the first sight, Warrior Code seems to be harsh and cruel, but these stories show what happens when this code is broken. Erin Hunter don't shy away from showing results of bad decisions and fatal mistakes, so many of the stories have tragic ending. This book filled my eyes with te...more
Raevyn [Hello!]
3.5 rounded to 4.

I'm not as obsessed with the Warriors series as I used to be, but it's still good, IMO....and this is more necessary/interesting than the other field guides.
Paige Rogalla
Has a lot of stories about why the Warrior Code came to be. Cool book!!
Stella
Jun 30, 2014 Stella rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who has read a Warriors book and need to understand the Warrior Code
Recommended to Stella by: Jeanne
Shelves: favorite-books
Great! It helped me understand the Warrior Code much better.
Jonaya
Great plot and story-line, not many details though.
Zoey Selby
I always wanted to know the warrior code
Oscar
Warriors code of the clans is a book from the warriors series. A series told from the veiw of cats in the forest not domesticated. the book is show a way that cats live that you wouldn't think. laws of thier own, a religon or belief, a way of combat, a way of life. in this book it over goes their laws because in the actual seies they don't list them all and so they have including stories. its a nice book to read, relates alot to the regular series but more in scatered parts. its a nice adventer...more
Faith
This book teaches all the codes of the Warriors and tells you how the Warriors decided on making these laws.

Reasons I like this book-

Reason 1- The book teaches you the codes that all the clans follow. It is easier to understand the books if you read it first,but it does tell you what happens in some of the other books.

Reason 2- The mini stories in the book are enjoyable.

Reason 3- The book is by one of my favorite authors, Erin Hunter!
Bethany
The only thing wrong with this book was that it was almost...too old. Many of the stories throw unknown names at you, and you don't see any of the names ever again. The information is fairly important-dealing with how the Warrior Code came to be- so I read the entire thing. But the large number of unknown characters in the stories amde it ahrd to be attached and almost hard to read at times.
Lilly
This book is great for people interested in the warriors series. I recommend it for new fans and old!
~Megan~

I finally read this!!!

I had to go to the book store to do it, though. I did the same with Bluestar's Prophecy and the last Tigerstar and Sasha book, whatever it's called. I was kind of afraid that the staff would get mad at me for staying so long, but they didn't. And, of course, our library got it right around the time that I read it. *exasperated yowl*
Jack
Very interesting and detailed about each code. I love how interesting the field guides are and the short stories inside them are great to read. The pictures are also really good and great to look at. They've been drawn amazingly. Really liked this book!

For more information about this book and others, check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/TheDougieowner
Amy
This book was so awesome! I read the whole thing on the night that I got it in the mail. Some of the mini-stories inside of it were sad, but not worse or better than the deaths inside the main series.
Warning: There are some spoilers from Bluestar's Prophecy inside, so I highly suggest you read the Super Edition before reading this.
Erika Hébert
What I love about this book is that it goes deep into clan history and tells the stories of how the Warrior Code came to be. It's thrilling to see the ancient cats who founded the modern-day clans. Not to mention that you get little peaks at our some of our favorite or most hated cats.
Rainheart
this book was good. it was a mix of storys from the past and present, and it really explained how the codes came to be. even the training! i thought it was a bit slow sometimes, but it coud be tense, too. i also liked having a guide throughout the book.
Mattie C
all fifteen parts of the codes and how they came to be. the founder's started it and for moons it made its way up to being fifteen parts that all the clans follow ,respect, and honor.the book tells stories of how the code was form(eack one)and what they mean.
A very interesting book for Warriors fans, about how each of the rules of the Warrior code came to be. Plus a couple of interesting bits of insight on the kit who one day becomes Tigerstar!
Diana Qiu
Tells of the way the warrior cats live. If they break the rules there is usually some sort of punishment. Tells of historic 'breaking of the code' and the cats who broke them :)
Pretty interesting!!
Claire
This was a cute little guide that went along with the 'Warriors' Series. It explained a lot of the details embedded in the series and I enjoyed reading it.
Darren
Sep 14, 2009 Darren rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Darren by: Linda
Very detailed. You get a lot of info. I didn't know there were so many cats in the old clans. I want to do a family tree going back to the beginnings.
Annie
This book delves into the secrets behind the warrior code. It was really good, but you should only read it if you've read the original novels!
Stephanie Allen
Interesting but no the most exciting Warriors book. It was neat to see how the Code came about and which cats contributed to it, though.
Maigan
I don't really remember it much, but I thought it was really interesting and explained the warrior code very well, among other things.
Maddie
I loved it. It told you inside secrets on how the codes came to be. You new so much more about the clans from this book.
Ethan
I think it is a book full of suprises and sometimes humor and its a book of teamwork and counstitution so I like the book a lot.
Warrior Cats Fore...: Code of the Clans 5 7 Jul 29, 2014 06:43PM
your codes 11 25 Jun 21, 2013 10:00AM
  • Shadow Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #2)
  • The Tygrine Cat
  • The Good Dog
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • The Golden Cat (The Wild Road #2)
  • Varjak Paw
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of four people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Gillian Philip, and Tui Sutherland, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As well as having a grea...more
More about Erin Hunter...
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)

“I wonder if he'll ever see the truth in my own heart: that, whatever Dustpelt says, however much Fireheart breaks the warrior code, I love him more that I could imagine loving any other cat. And if Fireheart knew, would he love me, too?
- Sandstorm”
62 likes
“Our elders, and our elders’ kin, and their kin before them, fought to keep Sunningrocks in our territory. Many of them lost their lives, giving up their last breath for stones that belong to us. Can we give up where they did not, turn tail and flee when they kept fighting so that their kits could hunt and play and bask on these rocks? Will you fight with me now, in honor of all our elders and all our unborn kits?” 3 likes