Nocover-blank-133x176
Stillness Speaks

Eckhart Tolle

Stillness Speaks

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  4,423 ratings  ·  186 reviews
Екхарт Толе е съвременен духовен учител, който не принадлежи към никоя конкретна религия или традиция. В "Гласът на покоя" той предава просто, но проникновено послание с непреходната яснота на древните духовни водачи: има път за преодоляване на страданието и за откриване на вътрешен мир. Покоят е вашата истинска същност. Какво е покоят? Онова вътрешно пространство, онова с...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 25th 1905)

فاطمة الابراهيم

ﻫﺬﺍ ﺍﻟﻜﺘﺎﺏ ﺭﺍﺋﻊ ﻷ‌ﻧﻪ ﺑﻜﻞ ﺑﺴﺎﻃﺔ ﻳﺴﻌﻰ ﻟﺘﺤﻘﻴﻖ ﺍﻟﺴﻼ‌ﻡ ﺍﻟﺪﺍﺧﻠﻲ..

ﺍﺳﺘﻌﺎﻥ ﺍﻟﻜﺎﺗﺐ ﺃﺣﺪ ﻃﺮﻕ ﺍﻟﺘﻌﻠﻴﻢ ﺍﻟﺮﻭﺣﺎﻧﻲ ﻟﺪﻯ ﺍﻟﻬﻨﻮﺩ ﺍﻟﻘﺪﻣﺎﺀ ﻭﺍﻟﺬﻱ ﻳﻌﺮﻑ ﺏ ﺳﻮﺗﺮﺍ ، ﻭﺳﻮﺗﺮﺍ ﺑﺈﺧﺘﺼﺎﺭ ﻋﺒﺎﺭﺍﺕ ﻣﻮﺟﺰﺓ ﺗﺤﻤﻞ ﻓﻲ ﻃﻴﺎﺕها ﻛﻠﻤﺎﺗ ذات ﻣﻌﺎﻧﻲ ﺃﻋﻤﻖ ﺗﺪﻓﻊ ﺍﻟﻘﺎﺭﺉ ﻟﺘﺄﻣﻠﻬﺎ ، ﻓﻬﻮ ﺃﺷﺒﻪ ﺑﺄﻣﺜﺎﻝ ﺷﻌﺒﻴﻪ ﺫﺍﺕ ﻏﺎﻳﺎﺕ ﺃﺻﻴﻠﺔ ..

ﻭﻗﺪ ﺻﺪﻕ ﻛﺎﺗﺒﻪ ﻓﺎﻟﻜﺘﺎﺏ ﺭﻏﻢ ﺃﻧﻪ ﻟﻢ ﻳﺼﻞ ﺣﺘﻰ ﻟﻤﺎﺋﺔ ﺻﻔﺤﺔ ﺇلا ﺃﻧﻪ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻟﻜﺘﺐ ﺗﻠﻚ ﺍﻟﺘﻲ ﺗﺮﺟﻊ ﺇﻟﻴﻬﺎ ﻷ‌ﻛﺜﺮ ﻣﻦ ﻣﺮﻩ ﻭﺭﺑﻤﺎ ﻗﺪ ﻳﺴﺘﻐﺮﻕ ﺇﻧﻬﺎﺀ ﺍﻟﻘﺮﺍﺀﺓ ﻟﻤﺪﺓ ﺃﻃﻮﻝ ﻣﻤﺎ ﺗﺘﺼﻮﺭ ..!

ﺟﻤﻴﻞ ﺃﻥ ﻧﺼﻔﻲ ﺃﺫﻫﺎﻧﻨﺎ ﻣﻦ اﻷ‌ﻓﻜﺎﺭ ﻭﺍﻟﻤﻔﺎﻫﻴﻢ ﺍﻟﺨﺎﻃﺌﺔ ﻋﻦا وعن الآخرين ، ﻭﻛﻢ ﻧﺤﻦ ﺑﺄﻣﺲ...more
Rami Abdullah
اول واهم كتب ايكهارت

عندما قرأته اول مره , اخبرني انه لنخب تميز النور حال ابصاره,
قال لي ان هناك من سيعبره كبوابه لا رجوع للخلف بعدها
وان الآخر سيسقط حتى قبل اكمال صفحاته المعدودة
وان البعض تكفيه بضع ورقات ليعبر , البعض الآخر لن يجهز في هذه الحياة

اخبرني ان في هذه اللحظة مايكفي من (الجنه). وان العمر يقاس بحضور صاحبه فيه !. مما ادعاني بقوة لأن يخرج هذا الكتاب باللغة العربية
رغم تجاوز معانية اي لغة بأشواط

و أعظم انواع المحبة تلك التي تخوضها بينك وبين ذاتك ايضا
هذا الكتاب بمثابة دليل قلبك العميق نحو نفسك والعالم , فسلام

يستحق تدوينة قريبا أفضل من هذا الاقتضاب
Tim
This is an amazing meditation on the art of presence. I have to admit to reading and listening to it at least 3 or 4 times (probably more, I've lost count). Tolle is highly respected by this reader because he has changed my perspective in fundamental ways. I do not want to give the impression that I have living in the moment mastered, but I have found Tolle to be an excellent teacher showing me the portals one use to attain being in the present. He helps me see and find ways of practicing the ar...more
Chelsea
Everyone should read this book. I wish I had money to buy it. But, it is from the library. This book jumped off the shelf and it was meant for me to read this bad boy! So just read a sentence and set the book down and then pick it up again. It has some very wise words to ponder in your life. I need to read this book about 40 more times and I would enjoy it every time.
Steve Wilson
I digested this one slowly over about a year and a half (and it's a TINY book!). I love the part where the author says it's more important to set the book down often, as the present moment is more important than anything that he could say on the page.
Stuart Haden
Stillness Speaks by Eckhart Tolle breaks tradition from his other two best sellers. Instead this text is short and better applied for reference and inspiration purposes. It is perfect for a quick injection on the following topics - silence & stillness, beyond the thinking mind, the egoic self, the now, who you truly are, acceptance & surrender, nature, relationships, death & the eternal and suffering & the end of suffering.

Here is an extract from the relationships section...

Every...more
Nicole
This is one of those books that has soooo much good information for such a small book that you have to take your time reading it to really grasp everything that is said. I spent a few weeks just reading a few pages because I really wanted to absorb the info. Really helpful info. I will read this one again!
Mark Bennett
No words. Tolle reminds me of Krishnamurti. It's a small book and very short. But the gems within get you to slow it all down and ease right into the moment you're in. Anyone looking to find ways to grab on to life and enjoy it more intensely and contemplatively, Eckhart Tolle may be the one for you.

Three gems from the chapter "Acceptance & Surrender":

- "Surrender is surrender to THIS MOMENT, not to a story through which you INTERPRET this moment and then try to resign yourself to it."

- "Acc...more
Chriss
Like Tolle's other books, this has the insight you expect and the tools are in how you use what has been printed on the pages. He makes it very clear that there is no magic in words and they've all been derived from various teachings including those of Jesus and Budda. The book is set up as short statements or paragraphs with a specific theme, not chapters in a book that you would read through. He expects you to stop reading and think about each one. Although a short book in length, the lessons...more
موضي
هذا كتاب أحلامي كما ذكرت، بنفس الموضوعات، بنفس طريقة العرض، بنفس عدد الصفحات. لمست التغيير في روحي منذ أن بدأت القراءة، مقطع أو صفحة واحدة كفيلة بأن تكون بوابة لروحك. فهمت معه الكثير من ردات الفعل التي قمت بها أو قام بها أحدهم، عرفت منشأها. ممتنة أنا لإيكارت تول، للمترجمين سارة ورامي، لأختي التي أعارتني نسختها من غيرما طلب مباشر. ممتنة للكون الذي يستجيب لرغباتي العميقة. هذا هو الكتاب الذي يستحق الخمسة نجوم. كلكم، اقرؤا الكتاب من دون تردد. الآن احجزوا نسخكم! أنا لا أوصي فقط بقرائته، بل إن من دواع...more
Janice Sears
I love this audio book for short listenings in the car. It loses nothing by listening to short excerpts. In fact, that is exactly what Eckhart advises the reader to do. Read a little, put it down and pick it up again later. Practicing being present while driving has made me a much more relaxed and responsive driver. I can accept the traffic jams, drive defensively and calmly, and enjoy the beauty of nature all around that I might have otherwise missed had I been trapped in thought and emotions i...more
Christine Bingham
I listened to the audiobook, a chapter at a time, to let it sink in. Tolle has truly influenced how I'm approaching my daily life, taking time to embrace moments of stillness. He asks thought-provoking questions of self-exploration, which lead to opportunities for reflection and changing thought patterns. In a couple short weeks, I've begun to identify when I'm making a situation into a sad story that I tell myself and others to soothe my ego, and I'm working on letting go of those stories. Grea...more
Marc
Same material as Power of Now, but more succinct and refined and shorter. My favorite by Tolle. I revisit it often. Ii is a book to be picked and a page or two read to remind one of the state, rather than a book to be read cover to cover.
Vida
No, in na koncu (jaz pogosto grem od zadaj naprej ;))) sem prebrala in kupila se njegov 'mir, ki govori'... Neverjetno me pomirja - ni mi je treba niti brati, samo, da jo vzamem v roke... mislim, da bo odslej non-stop z menoj :)
Osama
حديث السكون ..
صمت خارجي يقابله سكون داخلي..
انظر إلى شجرة، إلى ورقة، أو نبتة ..
كم هي ساكنة، كم هي متأصلة بعمق في الوجود ..
اسمح لها بأن تمنحك درساً في الحياة ..
انصت لها، تحدث إليها ..
لكن !!
فقط بسكووووووووون ...
Leewriter
Tolle's earlier books, "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth", really resonated with me. They helped stay free of alcohol for over a year and half and inspired me to write my own self-help book for alcoholics, "Overcome Any Personal Obstacle, Including Alcoholism, By Understanding Your Ego". My book is available at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/leewriter.

Unfortunately I relapsed, began drinking again in April 2012 and recently had my 3rd DWI. But lately, as my court date approaches, I've been re-...more
Cristian Strat
I found this book to be worth reading and thinking about. At the very least it will make you aware of some of the mistaken ways we view ourselves and our relationships.

Initially I found it pretty hard to keep reading. I'm a skeptical guy and some of the teachings in this book sounded unnecessarily cryptic and silly. I kept at it though and in the second half of the book I've started to pick up some really interesting ideas. By the end of it I found it interesting enough to go through it again.

I...more
David A. Beardsley
Tolle is one of the few "self-help" authors out there who gets that you can't help yourself: that you are already perfect and just have to get out of your own way. One does this by becoming still, and this book can help you learn how. It consists of a series of "shrutis;" short quotes that can bypass the discursive mind and speak to your true self.
An excerpt from the introduction:
That stillness is also inner peace, and that stillness and peace are the essence of your Being. It is inner stillnes...more
Prakash
Entire world is extremely busy in pursuit of living.But they are forgetting to live.

To be happay is "BE" Stilness can not External and it can not be forced.

At times when we meet great people or the lap of mother nature it just happens.

Allow it to happen.

Now it has to be deepened just by reliving the same like rewinding CD/DVD etc.

But I wounder why we have to speak ?

Communication is needed when there TWO .

You dont need others When YOU ARE STILL.
Alan Dawe
Another master work by Eckhart Tolle, although less-known than The Power of Now or A New Earth. This is a book to read slowly, to give space to, as you contemplate or live with the Truth that is revealed. I am sure Stillness Speaks will take many careful readings to give up all its secrets, not that anything is hidden, rather our concepts and beliefs don't allow us to see.
Serena
Again, did the audiobook. Not bad; not great. I guess after Power of Now it was hard to impress me. His insights, voice, and suggestions are helpful though. I think I just wasn't in the mood and didn't find it as useful as Power of Now. It is not, however, a waste of time. If you like to meditate and reflect but haven't found much success with it, then I suggest this as a means to help.
Alisha
Poignant snippets of profound philosophy make Stillness Speaks an easy book to read in small increments. I am always in awe of the ability of Eckhart Tolle to find, and convey the inner peace that inhabits each of us. Although I cannot pretend to be enlightened, reading this book has allowed me to momentarily find that peace, fleeting though those moments may be.
Sara
Another amazing book by Eckhart Tolle that I know I will read again and again.

"Prejudice of any kind implies that you are identified with the thinking mind. It means you don't see the other human being anymore, but only your own concept of that human being. To reduce the aliveness of another human being to concept is already a form of violence."
Aleksandra
This is an amazing book, that is helping me get rid of fear, helping me to understand people better and to accept them as they are.It really brings peace in my heart and soul.I recommend it to everyone.Until now I read it 3 times, but I am still reading it; always slowly and understanding,with patience.
Carly
Re-reading by way of audio again and again and again ...I've marked it as being 'finished'. But I know I'll go in and out of it again.It's like he says in the beginning - it's a book you should pick up and put down. Read a bit - put it down - or just carry it around with you.

Gloria
This book contains the essence of Tolle's teachings in short, simple pieces that can be easily understood--full of timely and powerful messages. It is easy to grab from time to time for a "refresher." It is only 127 pages and a nice nightstand/end table book to have around.
Pamela
Aug 14, 2008 Pamela rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Readers who liked The Power of Now and A New Earth
Shelves: ongoing
This book is a collection of short, insightful entries that concisely render the essence of Tolle's teachings. I have listened to the audio version several times but recently decided I needed to have the 'transcript' as part of my library, and of course, to read and reread.

Julie Weaver
Another great read by Eckhart Tolle. A good tool for realizing how important it is to learn to be still and live in the now, and how the conversations/thoughts taking place in our minds can interrupt the natural flow of happiness that awaits us. Love it! :-)
  • Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • Be as You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi
  • The Disappearance of the Universe
  • Emptiness Dancing
  • The Dark Side of the Light Chasers: Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity, Brilliance and Dreams
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
Eckhart Tolle , born Ulrich Leonard Tolle, February 16, 1948, is a German-born writer, public speaker, and spiritual teacher. The New York Times has called him "the most popular spiritual author in the nation". He is the author of the bestsellers "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth".
Tolle had an unhappy childhood in Germany and Spain. His depression reached its peak during early adulthood in Engla...more
More about Eckhart Tolle...
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises from the Power of Now Guardians of Being Realizing the Power of Now

“Throughout history humans have inflicted countless violent, cruel, and hurtful acts on each other, and continue to do so. Are they all to be condemned; are they all guilty? Or are those acts simply expressions of unconsciousness, an evolutionary stage that we are now growing out of?

18 likes
“Jesus’ words, “Forgive them for they do not know what they do,” also apply to yourself.” 4 likes