Kiss the Moon

Kiss the Moon

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  308 ratings  ·  22 reviews

Lost in the frozen woods of New Hampshire, Penelope Chestnut discovers the wreckage of a small plane. An aviator herself, she sees clues to a conspiracy in the rusted-out remains.
Rumors of her discovery bring Wyatt Sinclair to Cold Spring, determined to put to rest a family scandal and learn what really happened to his legendary uncle, who had disappeared with his adventu...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Mira Books (first published 1999)

Megan
Just as the stars say; it was okay. And I was glad I finished it.

It kept me interested enough to keep going, but I wouldn't have been upset if I lost the book mid-way.

It may be because these aren't my kind of books. I'm more into made-up fantasy or historical novels....which, speaking of the latter; I was more interested in that storyline in this book.

I liked the overall plot: The history was cool, the basic mystery was okay, and the ending was...ehh. I kind of guessed part of it, however, the...more
Ns
It's no surprise Kiss the Moon is another superb mystery by Neggers. The characters are quirky, the clues are subtle and the danger ever-present, whether from a long ago mystery or an everyday threat.

This mystery, although suspenseful was less intense and thrilling than usual. Rather, the mystery had more of a "who-done-it" feel, clustered with conspiracy theories surrounding a decades old mystery. Instead of an imminent threat, it read much like a detective novel where the characters investiga...more
Kelly Moran
Deep in the woods of New Hampshire, Penelope Chestnut finds the wreckage of an old plane. Rumors of the discovery bring Wyatt Sinclair, who's determined to put to rest a family scandal about his legendary uncle. But an unknown enemy emerges from the past, and desperation to uncover the truth is the only thing that can save them.

I've been a Neggers fan for years, and this wasn't a let down. I bought this not realizing it's an older title and I read it once before. I read it again to refresh, and...more
Clara
This was a pretty good book. It was the first one I'd read by Carla, and I was impressed with how well she weaved the mystery. A lot of the time you know 'who-done-it' and you're either right, or dead wrong. This was different in the way that throughout the book I couldn't get my own hypothesis straight. There were subtle clues, and in hindsight if I had slowed down my reading I might have guessed it, or at least been closer, but I highly doubt it.

However, if you're looking for a thrilling suspe...more
Mary Baker
I enjoyed Kiss the Moon by Carla Neggers. I had some of the mystery figured out from the beginning, but had to wait until the end for the rest to be revealed---and I was surprised. The author's writing was very good.
Pattianne
Kiss the Moon - Investigative Series #5 - (Penelope and Wyatt) - a plane crash from the 50's is solved by Penelope and Wyatt.

After a terrible accident, pilot Penny Chestnut is grounded, leaving her with time to ponder whether her plane was tampered with and what to do about an old crush on Wyatt McGregor. She's also curious about the disappearance of Wyatt's uncle Colt in the 1930s--his plane crashed and the body was never found. As Penny starts digging, it becomes clear that someone doesn't wan...more
LJ
KISS THE MOON - Okay
Neggers, Carla - standalone

When Penelope Chestnut discovers a clue to a fifty-year-old lovers' mystery, Wyatt Sinclair arrives in town, determined to find out what happened to his uncle, but they uncover a complicated and deadly truth.

It was okay, but only okay.
Stacey
I've been trying new authors lately, I have to say I really enjoyed this book. There were a lot of different twists and turns. Some romance, some adventure and some things I didnt' expect. It's a good story and I'm going to read another one from this author!
Jan
As other commenters have said, this is an ok book, which held my interest enough to finish it. I enjoy most mysteries, but not most romance novels, so would have enjoyed more of the former and less of the latter.
Leslie Mesmer
Nice fast read. Although not alot of suspense it did have a little surprise hidden at the end.
I enjoyed the pace of the story. It moved along without drawing things out although somewhat predictable.
Carmen
I consider this a really high three, but not quite four stars. I enjoyed it, but I doubt I'll ever read it again. It was pretty predictable, but I wasn't expecting the very end.
Jacque
Penelope Chestnut finds the downed plane of a famous missing son of a wealthy aristocrat. His younger brother comes to find the truth. It is a pretty predictable story, but enjoyable.
Kay
There was a lot of driving back and forth on rutted and frost heaved roads and a lot of people traipsing through the woods but I was surprised by the ending.
Julie
Beautiful scenery, good characters, mystery and a romance. You can't go wrong and Neggers always tells a great story without being too far-fetched.
Karen
Really good page turner. Looking forward to reading more of her stuff. I like that most of her books are in paperback.
Dcoulti
Mar 22, 2009 Dcoulti rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dcoulti by: Cathy W
Excellent mystery/romance. My first intro to this author. I thought it read very well and held my interest.
Sharon Sherman
Secrets, a bit of mystery, a bit of suspense, treasure, and romance rolled into one.
Pamela

A good romantic suspense. Keep you guessing until the end.
Lynn Pembroke
Another nice mystery. A couple of love scenes, but not so descriptive.
Shelly
A nice read. Nothing shocking in the reveals, but a good story.
Mary
I just so enjoy reading these books by Carla Neggers!!!
Cinde Shaw
was true carla neggers. liked it
Nomme
Nomme added it
Jul 23, 2014
Shatha
Shatha marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Tiffany Broka
Tiffany Broka is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2014
Lisa Dirienzi
Lisa Dirienzi is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2014
  • On the Edge: WITH Capsized AND Shelter Island AND Bougainvillea
  • Too Many Cooks (Angie Amalfi, #2)
  • Twist of Fate
  • Treasured Vows
  • The Street Where She Lives (South Village Singles, #4)
  • Everlasting Love
  • Jewel in His Crown
  • In The Still Of the Night (Blonde Barracuda, #2)
  • Blood Stains
  • Tempted by His Target
  • Turn Left At Sanity
  • All They Need
  • Trouble in High Heels (Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • Dead Giveaway (Stillwater Trilogy #2)
  • Shaken and Stirred: Those Sexy O'Sullivans
  • Lois Lane Tells All (Glory NC, #2)
  • Cowboy Fever
  • Bloodlines
Carla Neggers has been spinning stories ever since she climbed a tree with pad and pen at age eleven. Now she is the New York Times bestselling author of almost 70 novels, with millions of books sold in over 30 countries. Her popular Sharpe & Donovan romantic suspense series featuring FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan launched with Saint’s Gate in 2011 and has been praised as “a breatht...more
More about Carla Neggers...
The Widow (FBI, #1) Cold Pursuit (Black Falls, #1) Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1) Secrets of the Lost Summer (Swift River Valley, #1) Breakwater (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #5)