Start by marking “Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1)” as Want to Read:
Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1)

Read eBook

Turned (The Vampire Journals #1)

3.4  ·  Rating Details ·  10,897 Ratings  ·  941 Reviews
In TURNED (Book #1 of the Vampire Journals series), 18 year old Caitlin Paine finds herself uprooted from her nice suburb and forced to attend a dangerous New York City high school when her Mom moves again. The one ray of light in her new surroundings is Jonah, a new classmate who takes an instant liking to her.

But before their romance can blossom, Caitlin suddenly finds h
Published January 24th 2011

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadTwilight by Stephenie MeyerCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. CastBlue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
Best Teen Vampire Fiction
332 books — 4,584 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
1,144 books — 7,058 voters

More lists with this book...

Danielle.
"A book to rival TWILIGHT and VAMPIRE DIARIES, and one that will have you wanting to keep reading until the very last page! If you are into adventure, love and vampires this book is the one for you!"

Twilight? No.

Vampire Diaries? The books? Hell no. The TV series? Absolutely not.

Speshul 18 year old Caitlin only wants to be an anonymity at her high school. Speshul Caitlin is too “weird” for people. Too boring. Too plain. Nothing speshul about speshul Caitlin.

“… she felt alone. Not because she was
Cory
Feb 09, 2011 Cory rated it did not like it
Marcella
Apr 04, 2013 Marcella rated it did not like it
The one word that I will use to describe this book: what?

-First: She's in New York, her mom is crazy. no explanation why she is or why she left her old town.

-Second: She just meets this Jonah guy an is all in love. okay. I'm sure there was just a "connection"

-Third: Oh gee, she's craving blood and has supernatural abilities, but she has no clue what she is. You'd think wanting to drink the blood of a puppy might be a dead give away.

-Four: She gets all upset at the Caleb guy for not LOVING her wh
ReviewerLarissa
Review for: Bloddeuedd

I’ll be honest, when B. sent me this book and I saw the title, my thoughts were: “Gawd, not another Vampire Diaries, Twilight rip-off!” ‘Cause there seems to be no end of those. It’s like the DaVinci Code all over again! While Turned is in no way original or refreshing – at least to me (let’s face it, there’s not much I haven’t seen and that includes lizard vampires!) – it was a nice read and I was glad B. sent it over. Let me tell you why.

Caitlin’s mum has the moving bug,
Sonia
Apr 15, 2012 Sonia rated it did not like it
Jessica
Jan 03, 2016 Jessica rated it did not like it
If you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all...

Nope. Not taking that advice. This sucked worse than I expected, and I expected it to be aweful. I have never read anything good from this author, but this is maybe the worst yet! Even worse than that poor excuse of a graphic novel she put out.

Yes, this was free, but come on. Free doesn't have to suck.
Sabrina Bay
Dec 13, 2013 Sabrina Bay rated it did not like it
Hawkeye
Nov 24, 2012 Hawkeye rated it really liked it
So far, I've read up to book 6 on this series. I really like the series and as you read into the next books, the characters start to evolve more and you get more background on them. I do like the story line, and it moves at a pretty good pace.

However, there are a lot of technical errors in these books. There was obviously no editor that worked on this book, and I have to assume that the author herself did not go back and do a lot of re-reading on her script. There are a LOT of typo's and words
Kayleigh
Jan 09, 2012 Kayleigh rated it did not like it
There's three things which in my mind make up a book:
-Decent story Line
-Writing Quality
-Decent character's
This book seems to lack all three of these things, though I will say that the story line had a lot of potential just the writing quality nor the character's were good.

A 150 page book is not recommended for a YA book, as it's not enough time to have a well paced book. This book began with a quite standard beginning, which was the only reason I made it through the book, but near enough straigh
Dianne
Jan 25, 2017 Dianne rated it really liked it
TURNED has set the stage, the chaos and leaves us with tons of questions to be answered in additional books to the series. Morgan Rice has added some pretty interesting twists that feel like landmines waiting to explode.

Caitlin is a normal teen, until her eighteenth birthday when her life becomes a story out of the things nightmares are made of. She suddenly craves blood, has gained supernatural strength, speed and she is both exhilarated and terrified. Caitlin went from a teen in a dysfunctiona
Krissy
Mar 14, 2011 Krissy rated it did not like it
The best part of this book is the cover. First off, the series is called the "Vampire Journals" because of the two scenes where the main character carries a journal with her? I fail to see the significance, other than the hope that it will be confused with the "Vampire Diaries" series.

The story itself just doesn't track. For instance, Caitlin and her brother Sam have this horrible mother and no father, so they're supposed to be incredibly close:

"He was the only constant in her life...He seemed
Jackie
Mar 27, 2011 Jackie rated it it was ok
hmmp .. Let see ..

This is definitely an easy read novel .. I finished it in about 3 hrs .. It has some good points in it such as how the author choose to use simple words which is definitely a good one since I'm having a hard time reading other novels and keep on glancing my dictionary and keep wondering if its meant to be literally or if its meant to be figurative ..

But anyway, I hate to say that the negative ones, outnumbered the positive. So here are some of them :

I hate how Caitlin keeps o
Anastasia Nichole
At first, I would have given this three stars, due to my overall indifference towards it. However, a few things ruined it for me.

I will break my review into two sections describing what made me rate this what I did.

The "romance:"

Um, can I SCREAM insta-love? This "romance" was laughably underdeveloped and rushed. I understand the idea of instant attraction, but there is no way Caleb would reciprocate those feelings that quickly.

The lazy cliffhanger:

Don't tell me that wasn't lazy. That c
Bryan Nyaude
Feb 20, 2016 Bryan Nyaude rated it liked it
I got this book because it was free on google, but it was not as good as I thought it would be. First of all, the main character seems a bit shallow and self-centered, and the fight scenes are done halfheartedly. The plot of the book was okay, however, the execution was terrible. They were so many things in the book the author forgot to put in, which makes it a little more aggravating. I wont go too much into the editing and grammar errors, but for the free price, its not a bad read.
Michele Crimson
Oct 07, 2014 Michele Crimson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended by a friend, I am now questioning her intelligence. The book was full of grammatical errors and inconsistencies. The story seemed rushed and under-developed and I had to force myself to finish it. That is time I will never get back. I just hope the author's fantasy series is better otherwise I will feel cheated for purchasing the books (free on amazon).
Amanda
Dec 03, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it

Where do I begin...? Ok ill start off by saying that this review is being written after I finished the entire series. This story has so many possibilities and the potential to be phenomenal, it really does. I've never read anything like it and most vampire books are predictable so I was happy for something new and original. However, I don't think the author actually went back and read her full series together at one time. I say this because she literally ends at least 20 chapters exactly the sa
WüstenEule
Dec 26, 2016 WüstenEule rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Merke: keine kostenlosen eBooks mehr von Morgan Rice herunterladen...
die sind Mist.
Becca
Morgan created a nice spin for the vamp genre. Not familiar with with this author, I took a shot on the ebook version through my ipod/ibook account. Found it to be nice paced, action packed and intriguing enough to buy the second book! If you're looking for a new series - definitely check this out.

Here's the GR's synopsis if you haven't read it: "Eighteen year old Caitlin Paine finds herself uprooted from her nice suburb and forced to attend a dangerous New York City high school when her Mom mov
Molly
Oct 08, 2014 Molly rated it did not like it
Shelves: nope, free-ebook
This book is really familiar.

And not just because there are thousands of others out there like it (because let's be honest, there are), but because it reads pretty much exactly like something I wrote when I was 14.

I mean exactly.

The pacing, the characters, the story line; it got too the point where I was genuinely starting to hope this hadn't been written by an adult. It just pained me too much to think that someone mature and educated (presumably) could write something like this.

In saying that
Cheyenne
Mar 04, 2016 Cheyenne rated it liked it
What a weird book.

I got it for free, from the writers website. But I'm not really sure what I think of it. It hasn't really started yet. I was just getting in to it, but it already ended. The idea of this book is good, and it could definitly go somewhere, but I feel like it's not been thought through. If that makes any sense..

I don't like the main character. Caitlin falls in love with a complete stranger, SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HIS NAME. And a few hours before she met this complete stranger she
AvidReader47
Apr 04, 2011 AvidReader47 rated it it was amazing
WOW! WOW! WOW! Turned by Morgan Rice was fabulous! Couldn't put this down. Even though it was a shorter novel, it was filled to the brim with excitement and suspense. Caitlin is not your normal teenager. When she moves to a New York City with her Mom and brother Sam, she doesn't know what to expect. One day after school, she notices a fellow classmate being bullied in an alley. When she tries to help, and discovers herself in danger, an overwhelming hunger, urge and strength comes over her. The ...more
Michelle (tinyturtle88)
Not my favorite. The plot had promise but was too poorly written. Examples:
"..she also felt stone along her back, she was up against the wall, chained to a wall."

"...simply reached out his hand and caught the bullet mid-air. Katelyn was shocked to see that he'd stopped it in mid-air, in his palm. "

I also listened to the audio and the narrator spoke so painfully slow that the plot couldnt even build enough momentum to ignore the writing. At least it was a short book. I wont be picking up the next
Carrie {The Butterfly Reader}
I can't even give this one star... I tried to like this book, I read the whole thing hoping it would get better. It never did, the plot is everywhere. She falls in love quickly after saying she never fell for anyone before. I don't recommend this, even if it's free. You'll simply waste your time.
Kelly
Jun 15, 2013 Kelly rated it did not like it
I really think it could have been better, but then there were lots of incoherent things like her love or whatever that was for Caleb... Anyway, it was a free read on Amazon so I'm not going to complain too much :).
Brooke
A lot of typos, fairly clueless main character, not much new. Concept potentially good, execution, meh. I suggest you read the ·Twilight· or ·Mortal Instruments· series instead.
Doriana
Apr 14, 2012 Doriana rated it really liked it
(WARNING, contains slight SERIES as a whole spoilers, read at own risk.)

Well. What to say? First of all, I got this book by way of being utterly and completely bored, ready to rip my hair out just for something to do. I decided to debase my bookish morals and look at ebooks as I had been experiencing a dry spell for the last few months of my requests coming in at the library.
After the most frustrating experience since last year when I deciphered the usage of my ipod, I finally figured out how t
Misty Baker
Jan 05, 2012 Misty Baker rated it liked it
I realized yesterday, (as I sat staring at a blank white screen for an hour,) that sometimes the right words are hard to find. For many of us, our words are confined to the simple (and sometimes idiotic) phrases that fly from our mouths each day, while others of us feel the need to put them on paper, (offer them up to a wider audience if you will,) and it is those words that are judged differently. While normal conversation is free flowing and spontaneous, words written for the specific means of ...more
Paranormal_Madness
Sep 15, 2013 Paranormal_Madness rated it it was ok
Warning, there may be spoilers.

What I liked:
-Concept. I guess the idea behind this book was okay. It wasn’t the most original thing, but it definitely wasn’t a carbon copy of all the other vampire romance books that have flooded the market. I like the idea of vampires going to war and even a vampire religion, and it’d be interesting to see how it all plays out.

What I disliked:
-Caleb. How does a three thousand year old creature of the night manage to be so astoundingly stupid? He’s been alive for
Jennifer  Howell / Late Bloomer Online
At 150 pages, Turned doesn’t take long to get through, but it also doesn’t give you enough time to completely engage with the characters before leaving you in a cliff hanger. Caitlin’s Mom moves her and her brother Sam, again. Caitlin has lost track of the moves they’ve made and if she didn’t have her brother Sam she would lose her mind and probably just take off because their Mother leaves a lot to be desired in the parenting department. Caitlin is nervous to start at her new school yet again, ...more
L.A.
Mar 12, 2011 L.A. rated it liked it
Caitlin Paine was not sure why she always seemed to stand out, there was nothing about her size or her looks that made her different and yet there was something that made people look twice. Starting in a new school and starting at midterm made this even more noticeable. Usually she could skate by and be inconspicuous as possible, but now there was no way. Making her way to class and going through the scanner, she is again noticed and pulled aside. Her necklace set off the scanner, a cross that s ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: Turned (The Vampire Journals #1) by Morgan Rice - Starting July 15th 2016 4 85 Jul 15, 2016 03:31AM
Book Review 1 3 Sep 06, 2015 07:50AM
Have you read this series? 12 80 Apr 23, 2014 11:47AM
  • Saved (The Shadow Vampires, #1)
  • The Vampire's Warden (Undead in Brown County, #1)
  • Shelter (Blood Haze, #1)
  • The Last Vampire (Dark Season, #1)
  • Thirst (Ava Delaney, #1)
  • Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires, #1)
  • The Vampire from Hell: The Beginning (The Vampire from Hell, #1)
  • Bloody Little Secrets (Bloody Little Secrets #1)
  • Descended by Blood (Vampire Born, #1)
  • Sworn (Vampire Legends, #1)
  • Ordained (The Immortal Archives, #1)
  • Pulse (Pulse, #1)
  • Endlessly (Endlessly, #1)
  • Immortal Embrace (Embrace, #1)
  • Blood and Sunlight: A Maryland Vampire Story
  • Bane (Vampire Apocalypse, #1)
  • Vampire Love Story (Vampire Love Story, #1)
  • Diary of a Vampeen (Vamp Chronicles, #1)
Morgan Rice is the #1 bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the epic fantasy series THE SORCERER'S RING, comprising seventeen books; of the #1 bestselling series THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, comprising twelve books; of the new vampire series VAMPIRE, FALLEN; of the #1 bestselling series THE SURVIVAL TRILOGY, a post-apocalyptic thriller comprising three books); of the #1 bestselling epic fantasy ...more
More about Morgan Rice...

The Vampire Journals (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2)
  • Betrayed (The Vampire Journals #3)
  • Destined (The Vampire Journals #4)
  • Desired (The Vampire Journals #5)
  • Betrothed (The Vampire Journals #6)
  • Vowed (The Vampire Journals #7)
  • Found (The Vampire Journals #8)
  • Resurrected (The Vampire Journals #9)
  • Craved (The Vampire Journals #10)
  • Fated (The Vampire Journals #11)

“it physical To walk unbraced and suck up the humors Of the dank morning? What, is Brutus sick, And will he steal out of his wholesome bed To dare the vile contagion of the night?” --William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar” 1 likes
“Apretó su diario, lo único que la hacía sentir real. La había acompañado a todos los lugares. Lo usaba para hacer notas y dibujos en todos los sitios a donde iba; era el mapa de su niñez.” 0 likes