Start by marking “The Bridge Builder of Arta” as Want to Read:
The Bridge Builder of Arta

The Bridge Builder of Arta

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A story about a mysterious statue.
Published 2010 by Neil Coghlan

To ask other readers questions about The Bridge Builder of Arta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bridge Builder of Arta

Simon Turney
I am not a man often given to short stories. They have to be particularly good to work in my opinion. It is hard to tell a good tale in such few pages, and only really do ‘tales of the unexpected’ come out right. I have to admit to having downloaded this on my kindle when I discovered it for free, but the (lack of) price was not the only reason. There are thousands of free ebooks out there and most of them are dull. Three things drew me to ‘Arta’. As well as the price, the reviews were uniformly ...more
Writing and descriptions are lovely in this Amazon freebie, and the pacing is slow in that horror story sort of way. Didn't see precisely that resolution coming. The denouement was predictable, though that didn't detract from the story. Nicely done.
Eric Nixon
Neat story. Feels like a Twilight Zone episode.
Sean Endress
Taken from my review.

Here Coghlan creates a fun, interesting little bite of a tale that holds attention for just as long as it needs to. Not exactly unforgettable, but it does make an impression that might leave you feeling a little chillier when you've closed the book - because it is a chilling tale.

The writing is mostly bare-bones, little detail goes into characterization or descriptors, and since it is a short story, that's quite alright. I'd have liked to know more about the main
Lisa Cleveland
I enjoyed this short story. Mr. Coghlans tales are always refreshing. A bit old fashioned sometimes, but that's what I enjoy most about his tales. He seems to also have an amazing way of getting me to see the land these characters are trodding on, and that may be my favorite thing of all. Yep, I'd recommend this story and author.
I really enjoyed this story - delightfully magical and creepy. I'm a bit confused as to the motivation of the title character, but it doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the story.
Kindle freebie.

The story has a bit more telling than I usually like, but the use of mood is really well done.
Awful. Very, very, very short story thankfully.
Peter marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Kristin Pickford
Kristin Pickford marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Twisted Knitster
Twisted Knitster marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Tricia Nociti
Tricia Nociti marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Lynne Mccurdy
Lynne Mccurdy marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Christine Peterson
Christine Peterson marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Kimberly Brown
Kimberly Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Sue Lyssa Stone Shaffer
Sue Lyssa Stone Shaffer marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Suzy marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Bruce Buie
Bruce Buie marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Fisher Men Flight 715 Storm On Fifth Avenue The Bridge Builder Of Arta The Late Holocene Event