Start by marking “The Bridge Builder of Arta” as Want to Read:
The Bridge Builder of Arta

The Bridge Builder of Arta

3.1 of 5 stars 3.10  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A story about a mysterious statue.
Published 2010 by Neil Coghlan

To ask other readers questions about The Bridge Builder of Arta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bridge Builder of Arta

Simon Turney
I am not a man often given to short stories. They have to be particularly good to work in my opinion. It is hard to tell a good tale in such few pages, and only really do ‘tales of the unexpected’ come out right. I have to admit to having downloaded this on my kindle when I discovered it for free, but the (lack of) price was not the only reason. There are thousands of free ebooks out there and most of them are dull. Three things drew me to ‘Arta’. As well as the price, the reviews were uniformly ...more
Gunnar
Writing and descriptions are lovely in this Amazon freebie, and the pacing is slow in that horror story sort of way. Didn't see precisely that resolution coming. The denouement was predictable, though that didn't detract from the story. Nicely done.
Eric Nixon
Neat story. Feels like a Twilight Zone episode.
Sean Endress
Taken from my Amazon.com review.

Here Coghlan creates a fun, interesting little bite of a tale that holds attention for just as long as it needs to. Not exactly unforgettable, but it does make an impression that might leave you feeling a little chillier when you've closed the book - because it is a chilling tale.

The writing is mostly bare-bones, little detail goes into characterization or descriptors, and since it is a short story, that's quite alright. I'd have liked to know more about the main
Jasmine
I really enjoyed this story - delightfully magical and creepy. I'm a bit confused as to the motivation of the title character, but it doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the story.
Chris
Kindle freebie.

The story has a bit more telling than I usually like, but the use of mood is really well done.
Eloise
Awful. Very, very, very short story thankfully.
Sue Lyssa Stone Shaffer
Sue Lyssa Stone Shaffer marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Suzy
Suzy marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Bruce Buie
Bruce Buie marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Gill
Gill marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Kelly Crowe
Kelly Crowe marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Nell
Nell marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Christy Parker
Christy Parker marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Tehuti88
Tehuti88 marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Fisher Men Flight 715 The Bridge Builder Of Arta Storm On Fifth Avenue Outstanding Matters