Start by marking “Sleight of Hand (50 Reasons, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sleight of Hand (50 Reasons, #5)

Sleight of Hand (50 Reasons #5)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Fifth volume in the best-selling 50 Reasons series. When an old friend's mother dies, Mark hopes that attending the funeral will enable him to decide where his future lies.

But no sooner does Mark set foot in England than bonds of love and obligation from the past begin to envelop him with such force that he wonders not only if his relationship will survive, but if he will...more
Paperback, Limited Edition, 342 pages
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about Sleight of Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleight of Hand

Dave1962uk
I have come to the end of the five book adventures of Mark. I loved every book and how Mark developed. At first I did not like him by book five I loved him. I can't see anyway that Mr Alexander can write another sequel in this series which leaves me feeling sad.
I am looking forward to one day in the future when I can pick up book one "50 Reasons to Say Goodbye" again and start reading the whole series again.

Thank you Mr Alexander for hours of great reading.
Douglas
This is the last in the fify reasons series and I don't want to give any spoilers. I will say that I enjoyed it very much and that it gives one of the most satisfying endings I have read in a long time (Think Six feet under style). I hope that Nick begins a new series soon.
Erin
If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend it. I read all five books this past week, and fell in love with Mark and following his life adventures. Today, I took several hours to read the last of the book, which should have taken me half an hour, simply because I wasn't ready for it to end. I knew the series would be over when I finished that 5th book, so I kept finding other things to get up and do, putting off the inevitable.
One thing I loved about the series...although I kept reading...more
Dawn
I really found this one of those dont want to get to the end but have to find out what happened books... and I wasnt disappointed for a second... as with the whole series I laughed and cried along with Mark and his friends and was sorry to say goodbye to them.... but satisfied with the ending Nick Alexander chose for the characters I had quickly come to love
Seth
Just finished this wonderful book and wonderful series. I would recommend the 50 Reasons series to anyone who enjoys rich, complex and deep characters. The ending was surprising but felt right. I look forward to future books by Alexander.
Anwen Ross
This is an amazing series, it just keeps getting better and better. I'd almost advise skipping the first one, then read the rest in order. They get so much deeper as you go along. Well worth reading.
Christopher Winterburn
I've loved all five books. My only regret of reading them is that the story has come to an end. I think I'd like Mark as a friend. His life has been so full of ups and downs. He's lived in interesting places and met some very interesting people and found himself in some bizarre situations.

While I want Mark as a friend, it's Tom who I think I'm most strongly attracted to. Although deceptive, he's the more honest person as in that he doesn't place the same expectations on himself as Mark does on h...more
Grace

I really liked this book. This is the second book that I have read by this author and it was both entertaining and poignant at times. Nick Alexander is very good at examining and describing the relationship between people and their failings. I look forward to reading more of his work.
Martin
Aug 18, 2013 Martin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: gay
The theme of secrets and lies continues in this fifth part of the Fifty Reasons series. The life of self-obsessed Mark continues its meander through relationships.

Nick Alexander's writing style is pedestrian but the story is plausible. Ultimately you want to find out what happens to the characters, even if the leading man is not particularly likeable. Altruism is an important human trait and I began to wonder of Nick Alexander had ever heard of it. By the end of the story there are glimpses, but...more
Lance Ramsey
A very different book to the first in the series, and (forgiving some chronology funding) much more layered with plenty of tension.

As with other books in the series, some of the decisions made by characters struck me as cold (amoral?) - and this seemed common to all major gay characters - but then everyone is different.

Definitely worth a read.
Kevin Marsh
Wow, powerful stuff.
This is a beautifully written book that is charged with emotion and human understanding. I'm so glad I read the set.
I'm not saying anymore because I don't want to give anything away.
Atmosphere Chuan
Atmosphere Chuan marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Rob
Rob added it
Sep 20, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Korky Dd
Korky Dd marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Rusty Schaeffer
Rusty Schaeffer marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
May 21, 2014
Tim
Tim added it
Feb 07, 2014
Ruth Johnstone
Ruth Johnstone marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
My new novel, The Photographer's Wife comes out on the 1st October, 2014, and is already available for preorder in Kindle format.

My previous ten novels are:

Two novels featuring Hannah:
- The Half-Life of Hannah.
- Other Halves (Dec 2013)

Two novels featuring CC:
- The Case Of The Missing Boyfriend
- The French House (May 2013)

The Fifty Reasons Series, following the life of lovelorn Mark
- 50 Reasons to...more
More about Nick Alexander...
The Half-life of Hannah The Case of the Missing Boyfriend The French House 50 Reasons to Say Goodbye (50 Reasons, #1) Sottopassaggio (50 Reasons, #2)