Start by marking “Sleight of Hand (50 Reasons, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sleight of Hand (50 Reasons, #5)

Sleight of Hand (50 Reasons #5)

Fifth volume in the best-selling 50 Reasons series. When an old friend's mother dies, Mark hopes that attending the funeral will enable him to decide where his future lies.

But no sooner does Mark set foot in England than bonds of love and obligation from the past begin to envelop him with such force that he wonders not only if his relationship will survive, but if he will
Paperback, Limited Edition, 342 pages
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about Sleight of Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleight of Hand

Dave1962uk
May 17, 2012 Dave1962uk rated it it was amazing
I have come to the end of the five book adventures of Mark. I loved every book and how Mark developed. At first I did not like him by book five I loved him. I can't see anyway that Mr Alexander can write another sequel in this series which leaves me feeling sad.
I am looking forward to one day in the future when I can pick up book one "50 Reasons to Say Goodbye" again and start reading the whole series again.

Thank you Mr Alexander for hours of great reading.
Douglas
Feb 20, 2012 Douglas rated it it was amazing
This is the last in the fify reasons series and I don't want to give any spoilers. I will say that I enjoyed it very much and that it gives one of the most satisfying endings I have read in a long time (Think Six feet under style). I hope that Nick begins a new series soon.
Erin
Aug 01, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend it. I read all five books this past week, and fell in love with Mark and following his life adventures. Today, I took several hours to read the last of the book, which should have taken me half an hour, simply because I wasn't ready for it to end. I knew the series would be over when I finished that 5th book, so I kept finding other things to get up and do, putting off the inevitable.
One thing I loved about the series...although I kept reading
D.E.
Jul 08, 2012 D.E. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really found this one of those dont want to get to the end but have to find out what happened books... and I wasnt disappointed for a second... as with the whole series I laughed and cried along with Mark and his friends and was sorry to say goodbye to them.... but satisfied with the ending Nick Alexander chose for the characters I had quickly come to love
Seth
Apr 22, 2012 Seth rated it it was amazing
Just finished this wonderful book and wonderful series. I would recommend the 50 Reasons series to anyone who enjoys rich, complex and deep characters. The ending was surprising but felt right. I look forward to future books by Alexander.
Anwen Ross
Oct 31, 2011 Anwen Ross rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt
This is an amazing series, it just keeps getting better and better. I'd almost advise skipping the first one, then read the rest in order. They get so much deeper as you go along. Well worth reading.
Christopher Winterburn
I've loved all five books. My only regret of reading them is that the story has come to an end. I think I'd like Mark as a friend. His life has been so full of ups and downs. He's lived in interesting places and met some very interesting people and found himself in some bizarre situations.

While I want Mark as a friend, it's Tom who I think I'm most strongly attracted to. Although deceptive, he's the more honest person as in that he doesn't place the same expectations on himself as Mark does on h
Martin
Aug 17, 2013 Martin rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
The theme of secrets and lies continues in this fifth part of the Fifty Reasons series. The life of self-obsessed Mark continues its meander through relationships.

Nick Alexander's writing style is pedestrian but the story is plausible. Ultimately you want to find out what happens to the characters, even if the leading man is not particularly likeable. Altruism is an important human trait and I began to wonder of Nick Alexander had ever heard of it. By the end of the story there are glimpses, but
Grace
Jul 12, 2014 Grace rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books-read

I really liked this book. This is the second book that I have read by this author and it was both entertaining and poignant at times. Nick Alexander is very good at examining and describing the relationship between people and their failings. I look forward to reading more of his work.
Lance Ramsey
Mar 20, 2014 Lance Ramsey rated it really liked it
A very different book to the first in the series, and (forgiving some chronology funding) much more layered with plenty of tension.

As with other books in the series, some of the decisions made by characters struck me as cold (amoral?) - and this seemed common to all major gay characters - but then everyone is different.

Definitely worth a read.
Kevin Marsh
Jun 27, 2014 Kevin Marsh rated it it was amazing
Wow, powerful stuff.
This is a beautifully written book that is charged with emotion and human understanding. I'm so glad I read the set.
I'm not saying anymore because I don't want to give anything away.
Ruth Johnstone
Jan 11, 2014 Ruth Johnstone rated it it was amazing
I have loved this series of books and am sad that it is ended, I shall miss Mark and Jenny, but was happy with the way it ended.
Mand
Mand rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Patsy Howe
Patsy Howe rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Leslee
Leslee rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Marck Sahara
Marck Sahara rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Pjhynds
Pjhynds rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Danielle Holmes
Danielle Holmes rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Ian Gee
Ian Gee rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Derek Hall
Derek Hall rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Daniel Syer
Daniel Syer rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2012
Mr David R MacLeod
Mr David R MacLeod rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
B J BOLTON
B J BOLTON rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Heather Ward
Heather Ward rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
John Williams
John Williams rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2014
Roman
Roman rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2011
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015
Paul McCulloch-Underwood
Paul McCulloch-Underwood rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Hayley Kellegher
Hayley Kellegher rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
My new novel, The Other Son came out on the 17th October.

My previous novels are:

The Photographer's Wife (2014)

Two novels featuring Hannah:
- The Half-Life of Hannah.
- Other Halves (Dec 2013)

Two novels featuring CC:
- The Case Of The Missing Boyfriend
- The French House (May 2013)

The Fifty Reasons Series, following the life of lovelorn Mark
- 50 Reasons to Say Goodbye
- Sottopassaggio
- Good Thing, Bad T
More about Nick Alexander...

50 Reasons (5 books)
  • 50 Reasons to Say Goodbye (50 Reasons, #1)
  • Sottopassaggio (50 Reasons, #2)
  • Good Thing Bad Thing (50 Reasons, #3)
  • Better Than Easy (50 Reasons, #4)