Start by marking “The A to Z Guide to Raising Happy, Confident Kids” as Want to Read:
The A to Z Guide to Raising Happy, Confident Kids

The A to Z Guide to Raising Happy, Confident Kids

Parents no longer have time to read long books about the theories of parenting. What they want are quick pieces of advice geared to their busy lifestyles and immediate needs. Dr. Jenn comes to the rescue with this fun yet useful book that offers 26 short chapters on everything from pets to being a sports parent to healthy relationships to food to keeping your marriage as ...more
Published April 4th 2007 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about The A to Z Guide to Raising Happy, Confident Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The A to Z Guide to Raising Happy, Confident Kids

Ange
Mar 30, 2009 Ange rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
Pretty good. Worth reading. I liked the short chapters focusing on a wide range of different topics. I picked this up looking for some ideas about how to teach kids about finances and ended up reading the entire thing (well, all that applied to me--I didn't read the chapters about twins, boys or only child). I did not agree with the author 100% (I did agree 90%) of the time but I appreciated the different perspective she gave. I appreciated the extra resources referenced in the book too.
Oct 09, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
I try to read one or two books like this a year, just to keep up with my development as a parent and see what experts are saying about child raising practices. This is an easy to read, very digestible book that pulls in theories and ideas from other, more specific and academic, books. While not every chapter will apply to everyone, I thought it was worth checking out if you're a parent.
Kim
Oct 29, 2009 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
Good stuff in a short format. Easy to read. Some good reminders, especially in the A for Apple chapter. How I wish I could back off and let my kids decide to just either eat or not without saying a word! I'm working on it...
Sarah Becker
Sep 07, 2012 Sarah Becker rated it liked it
Sort of a good parenting primer... a quick read and not very in-depth, but hit the highlights on some important stuff!
Michelle
Feb 02, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it
Excellent, non-judgmental information. Provided in an easy-to-read format (you can read bits at a time) but isn't simplistic or dumbed down. Lots to think about.
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was ok
May 17, 2016
Millie Brereton
Millie Brereton rated it did not like it
Mar 19, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Cate R
Cate R rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2014
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2010
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2008
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2012
Libby Moore
Libby Moore rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2014
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2014
Karin Erickson
Karin Erickson rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Lynita
Lynita rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2009
Vanessa Chupp
Vanessa Chupp rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Nicol
Nicol rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2014
TURNING STONEchoice
TURNING STONEchoice rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2014
Kelli Keith
Kelli Keith rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Charity
Charity rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2012
Rena Lyn
Rena Lyn rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Jeni
Jeni rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Mariah
Mariah rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2009
Cynthia Stubblefield
Cynthia Stubblefield rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Daniel Romero
Daniel Romero rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Thad
Thad rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2013
Najeeb
Najeeb rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2014