Start by marking “Love You More (Detective D.D. Warren, #5)” as Want to Read:
Love You More (Detective D.D. Warren, #5)

Love You More (Tessa Leoni #1)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  28,205 Ratings  ·  1,980 Reviews
The crime appears open-and-shut: Pushed to the brink by an abusive husband, state police trooper Tessa Leoni finally snapped and shot him in self-defense. But Tessa isn't talkingnot about her dead husband, her battered face, or her missing six-year old daughter. Now, Detective D.D. Warren will have to race against the clock to unearth family secrets, solve a murder and sav ...more
Audiobook, Unabridged Playaway, 12 pages
Published March 8th 2011 by Findaway World (first published 2011)

Well, well, well. Lucky this reader remembered about Detective D. D. Love this character. Love the new Tessa Leoni, too! The only bummer was I read this one book late, and mucked up the order, but no biggie. A 9 month time lapse to be precise!

The demure looking Lisa Gardner donned in twin set and jeans that we see on the back cover of her books, is a pretty version of a killer writer. What I mean is she looks she looks so straight laced but what she delivers on the page is crazy kick-ass, for wa
Joseph Finder
May 27, 2011 Joseph Finder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've read this year. This was my Amazon review:

I've been a fan of Lisa's D.D. Warren series for some time, but she's truly outdone herself with this one. It grabs you on the first page and keeps you guessing until the final chapter, moving effortlessly between first person and third person narration, weaving an extraordinary amount of research into nonstop action.

Love You More starts with a crime we think we understand. Massachusetts State Trooper Tessa Leoni's husband Bria
Aug 01, 2015 Deanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Over the years I have read quite a few of Lisa Gardner's books. Even though I haven't read all of the books in this series I still found it to be a very good read on it's own. It grabbed me right off from the first page and I was kept guessing until the very end. I had a hard time putting it down.

Trooper Tessa Leoni's husband Brian is dead and she herself has been beaten and is covered in bruises. It looks like a clear cut case of a batter
Aug 26, 2016 Bube rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, made-me-cry
What a book!
Its been 6 hours after I read the book and I still can't calm down all those emotions that has be triggered by this book.This is a book that tells a story about the great love of a mother to her child and how she manages to do everything in her power to save her child.As you read the book, you can't remain indifferent to all those emotions in the heart of Tessa and Sophie, in the last 35 pages I could not calm down the emotions and the tears just couldn't stop, I know, it's just a bo
Dana Griffin
Jun 23, 2012 Dana Griffin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh. My. God. Before you begin this book, clear your schedule, send your children off, and prepare to go without sleep. Once you're halfway through this book, you won't be able to stop reading. I'd give this book ten, or one hundred star rating if I could.

Note to any would be assassins, or child abductors: don't murder the husband or abduct the child of a Massachuetts State Police officer, or suffer the consequences. This is the premise of this book.

Ms. Gardner always comes up with interesting p
Jun 15, 2011 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: detective-crime
"Love You More" by Lisa Gardner was an amazing novel.What will a mother do to protect her daughter.I couldn't put this book down.It is a mystery about a mother, Tess, charged with murdering her husband and possibly her 6-yr-old daughter, Sophie, as well. The Boston police arrest Tess, a state trooper who doesn’t have much faith in cops because of her past experience. Tess lies to the police and devises a plan to find her daughter’s kidnapper on her own and rescue her daughter against all odds no ...more
Taryn at My Secret Romance

Brilliant! Love You More is quite possibly one of the best books I have ever read. Lisa Gardner has knack for writing suspense, her attention to detail is incredible, and her gift to keep the reader guessing until the end leaves me speechless. I've read four of Ms. Gardner's books back to back now, and each time I'm more surprised than the last. The plot and character development is out of this world superb.

I'm not the type to only use five adjectives when describing a book, but I had the sudde

This was a surprisingly enjoyable read. I was in a mood for something mysterious and twisted, and got exactly that.

When I read Touch and Go, I didn't realized that that book was the second in the series. When I bought It last year on Amazon, no where, at that time, was it mentioned that it was part of the series. It read like a stand alone. I only realized that when I came across this book. Weird. This book is actually the fifth in D.D. Warren series, and some sort of spin off of the n
Freda Malone
Jun 11, 2015 Freda Malone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't be shocked but this is my first Lisa Gardner read and I loved it.

Tessa, the protagonist, a law enforcement officer and mother of Sophie, has shot and killed her husband after a brutal beating. Little Sophie is gone and nowhere to be found. Tessa is arrested after several clues have shown that she is lying about the details. It is up to Tessa, the mama bear, to strategically escape the confines of her closely guarded hospital room and find her little girl.

A brilliant start to a series. I
Jun 13, 2011 Rosario rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just started and so far it's a struggle. Very poorly edited, I keep highlighting mistakes and it's very distracting.

I am two thirds done and I have no idea why this books is so popular. A page turner? Hardly, I can't read more than a few pages at a time. The characters? Nobody seems to be particularly likeable and I find D.D. Warren so irritating I am actually hoping she fails miserably in her investigation. As for the story, very complicated in a very silly way. I am trying hard to finish it bu
Jul 15, 2016 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Opinião em breve no blogue
Best Crime Books & More
Lisa Gardner's release prior to this one was entitled `Live To Tell' and if I am being 100% honest it wasn't my favourite of her books. There was a certain element of `supernatural' to that book and it just didn't sit right with me. Thankfully, she has returned to her former glory of producing a fantastic crime novel featuring DD Warren.

DD Warren is featured in a series of books and this latest book is number 5 in the series. Detective D.D Warren is a very headstrong woman working in a predomina
Love You More
4 Stars

Lisa Gardner's fast paced writing style and captivating plots are the reason she is one of my favorite crime authors, particularly her Quincy/Rainie series. Unfortunately, her D.D. Warren books have never been stellar (perhaps because D.D. herself is not that likable a heroine) but Love You More breaks this unremarkable trend.

Once again, the perspective alternates between first and third person. While this has irritated me in the past, it works well here as it adds to the ch
First off, the TWs: kidnapping, murder, plenty of gun and knife violence, pregnancy, intimate partner violence

I live in Boston, okay? Where these books are ostensibly set. And so far, they've been pretty okay on the details. Well, the first couple were, and they've been deteriorating. And then we get to THIS book.

And it's the kind of shit that would take literally ninety seconds of internetting. A hospital IN BOSTON with a Wal-Mart a few
Gardner shows great talent in emotional engagement and tense plotting in this murder mystery placed in Boston, 5th in a series of 7 so far featuring tough homicide detective D.D. Warren.

Gardner’s special talent lies in domestic situations that go bad. This story starts out with police being called to a shooting of a husband by his wife who is terribly beaten, a seeming open and shut case of defense from domestic violence. The victim/suspect is Tessa Leoni, a state trooper. Her 8 year old child
Jul 12, 2014 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the better female thriller writers
Recommended to Mark by: A lovely picture on the back of a book
There are many reasons for reading a book and perhaps one of the more shameful reasons is to really fancy the writer because of the picture of her. I did buy her novel mainly for that reason and remembering that her name came up in a few recommendations.

Love you more is the story of two women Gardners' D.D. Warren & state police trooper Tessa Leonie. With both their voices the book is written.
D.D. Warren being one of the main characters of Gardners oeuvre, and Tessa Leonie being the "victim
Jennifer Jaynes
Mar 09, 2012 Jennifer Jaynes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I thoroughly enjoyed "Love You More." Was riveted from the first several pages. Usually Gardner isn't a favorite of mine in this genre, but if she keeps writing stories like this one, she soon will be.
Sep 05, 2016 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I forgot how much I liked Lisa Gardner's books. Good thing I've bought a bunch of her novels recently at a book fair:)
I was hooked from the first couple of chapters. It begins with a crime, husband and father shot dead in the kitchen. Apparently Tessa did this to her own husband, all evidence points that way.
A little back story to help lead us in that direction... but wait. This makes no sense, a twist here, a twist there. What the heck really did happen? And what has happened to her six year old daughter that was supposed to be asleep in bed? She's just gone.

For me, the beauty of this story was that it was a
May 05, 2012 Georg rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, crime, rubbish
What would you think about the following line in a modern novel:

“Every man has a moment in his life when he realizes he genuinely loves a woman, and she’s just not worth it.”

Right: What an arrogant asshole! You would at once throw the book where it belongs – into the waste-bin.

But I misquoted. You find the correct quote on page 256 and it reads like that:

“Every woman has a moment in her life when she realizes she genuinely loves a guy, and he’s just not worth it.”

On then Amazon-ebook it’s the
Sonia Cristina
May 15, 2016 Sonia Cristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: português, 2016
Mais um livro espetacular! Agora que recomecei a ler esta série, parece que não quero outra coisa e ainda bem que tenho outro por ler.

Desde o início fiquei um bocado apoquentada, a pensar se esta história não seria difícil demais por implicar que uma mãe teria matado a filha de 6 anos, mas rapidamente me convenci que não podia ser; depois de começar a conhecer Tessa nas partes narradas por ela própria, não acreditei que fizesse mal à sua pequena Sophie.

Quando tudo foi feito e dito, não podia ad
Erin Forson
Dec 01, 2011 Erin Forson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Love You More
by Lisa Gardner
No wonder this who-done-it is on USA Today’s top 10 best seller list. Tessa Leoni is a self-made woman who becomes a state trooper after kicking her alcoholism and giving birth to her beloved daughter Sophie. So it’s more than a little odd when Tessa’s husband ends up dead, apparently by Tessa’s own hand, and her 6-year-old Sophie turns up missing. Despite being the sole suspect in the case, Tessa plans to find her daughter no matter what, even if it means her own lif
Jul 17, 2013 Nihan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Her bitirdiğim kitapla hayranlığım daha da artıyor bu yazara. Polisiye romanlarında üstüne tanımam. Yine muhteşem bir hikayeydi, yazarın zekasına şapka çıkarılır.
May 21, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Story Overview

Detective D.D. Warren is presented with a seemingly open and shut case. An abusive husband is found shot dead in his home. The killer? His wife, who claims to have shot him in self-defense (and she has a beating to prove it). However, the case has a few wrinkles. First, the couple’s 6-year-old daughter is missing, and no one (not even the mother) seems to know where she is. Second, the wife, mother and alleged killer is Tessa Leoni, who just happens to work for the Massachusetts St
May 11, 2011 Vanessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best part of this book is the twist and turns, a real roller coaster ride of suspense, surprising clues, and amazing revelations. Truly a fun book to read. I listened to this one and found the rendition excellent. It was read by two women and they both did excellent jobs with their respective parts. Again, the men are always a challenge to a female reader, but I could distinguish between the characters. My only complaint about the D.D. Warren series in general is that I don't find her a very ...more
Nov 26, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a 3 1/2 stars from me on this one i liked the storyline & plot but this one fell a bit short for me story just dragged & was not one of Gardner's best writings which for me is unusual as i have liked every book i've read so far.

Brittany Dooley
Jan 05, 2016 Brittany Dooley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful, edge of your seat, emotional roller coaster! Loved it!
Jan 22, 2016 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
May 02, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love You More is the fifth book in the D D Warren series by Lisa Gardner and a Thriller from Bantam.

Book Blurb:

One question, a split-second decision, and Brian Darby lies dead on the kitchen floor. His wife, state police trooper Tessa Leoni, claims to have shot him in self-defense, and bears the bruises to back up her tale. For veteran detective D. D. Warren it should be an open-and-shut case. But where is their six-year-old daughter?

As the homicide
I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher.

I was beyond excited when I found out that I had won an advanced copy of LOVE YOU MORE BY LISA GARDNER after entering to win on Goodreads. I received the copy of the book in late January and being it in the middle of exams it was placed on my bookshelf and saved for later. Lately, when I was looking for new material to read I came across Love You More and deemed it worthy of my attention.

Love You More by Lisa Gardner tells the story o
Need Book Recommendation!! 30 241 Jan 11, 2015 01:50PM
  • Down the Darkest Road (Oak Knoll, #3)
  • The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9)
  • Born To Die (To Die, #3)
  • The Memory Collector (Jo Beckett #2)
  • Broken (Will Trent, #4)
  • Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid, #1)
  • Blood Vines
  • Quinn (Eve Duncan, #13; Eve, Quinn and Bonnie #2)
  • A Deeper Darkness (Dr. Samantha Owens, #1)
  • MacNamara's Woman (Family Secrets, #2)
  • Fireproof (Maggie O'Dell, #10)
  • Darkness, My Old Friend
(1) mystery & thrillers, suspense

aka Alicia Scott

New York Times bestselling crime novelist Lisa Gardner began her career in food service, but after catching her hair on fire numerous times, she took the hint and focused on writing instead. A self-described research junkie, she has parlayed her interest in po
More about Lisa Gardner...

Tessa Leoni (3 books)
  • Touch & Go (Tessa Leoni, #2)
  • Crash & Burn (Tessa Leoni, #3)

“Mothers hold close, fathers let go. Maybe that’s the way of the world.” 4 likes
“This was the pattern of my life: to love men who didn’t deserve me, and, knowing that, to yearn for their love anyway.” 2 likes