Start by marking “Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)” as Want to Read:
Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)

Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Lady Celia Cleveden thinks of herself as eminently sensible from the tips of her sturdy boots to the top of her unadorned bonnet. It seemed logical she would marry an equally practical gentleman.

Until she's rescued by wildly enigmatic desert prince Ramiz of A'Qadiz, while traveling across his unforgiving sands. He offers her a place in his harem and Lady Celia ought to be

Published June 21st 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem

Silver Angel by Johanna LindseyThe Kadin by Bertrice SmallPrisoner of My Desire by Johanna LindseyCaptive Bride by Johanna LindseyThe Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
Naughty Harem Romances
25th out of 72 books — 77 voters
The Best Laid Plans by Sarah MayberrySlow Hands by Leslie KellyMarrying The Captain by Carla    KellyHer Best Friend by Sarah MayberryUnclaimed by Courtney Milan
Best of Harlequin - Recently Released
24th out of 58 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

MelissaB
Note: read as part of Summer Sheikhs collection but will come out as a single title in June 2011

What a wonderful surprise! This was a lovely story with great characters and an exotic setting that comes to life in vivid colorful detail. The writing was wonderful and I pretty much loved the story. Highly recommended!!
KarenH
I've read many books with the "sheikh" theme and the storyline for Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem is basically the same as most of them...innocent American/English woman and wealthy prince of a fictional middle eastern country fall madly in love but cannot marry due to cultural restrictions. However, this book sets itself apart from other Harlequin "harem" novels because the sexual encounters between Prince Ramiz & Celia are seriously off the charts hot! Every encounter - and there are sever ...more
Ana
Celia's life has changed quite a lot in the last year. She got married and although her marriage isn't going as planned, she is satisfied with it. And she's enchanted by the country her husband's career has taken her to. The breath taking beauty of the desert may not be apparent to everybody, but to her it's incredible. And then tragedy occurred - her husband was killed in a skirmish with bandits. And then she found herself in the desert prince's harem (just a short explanation: harem isn't inte ...more
Jenny
OMG! I absolutely loved this story! Hero is a sheikh in a far away land. Heroine is the English wife of a diplomat who is on a mission and takes her with him. They are attacked and heroine's husband is murdered. Heroine is saved by our brave Sheikh and takes her to his palace.

They fall in love, he is shocked she is a virgin widow, she is shocked by the emotions he stirs in her and the beauty of the desert. When an English diplomat arrives and asks her to spy on the Sheikh, Celia is torn between
Lynsey A
This was a great book and a sweet love story. I loved the relationship between Celia and Ramiz. I enjoyed reading how their feelings grew for each other. The love scenes were much hotter than I thought they would be for a Harlequin Historical.

Looking forward to Carrie's book.
Jan
Lady Celia has entered into a loveless marriage at the request of her father, a prominent British diplomat. But she is optimistic. After all she likes George and is very excited to be going with him on his assignment in Egypt. No sooner do they arrive then they are sent on a mission to the remote kingdom of A'Qadiz. On the way their caravan is attacked and George is killed. Celia is rescued by the handsome prince Ramiz, ruler of A'Qadiz. Ramiz offers Celia a place to stay (his harem) until someo ...more
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: June 1, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: Harlequin Historical
Author’s Website: http://www.margueritekaye.com/
My Source for This Book: eHarlequin.com
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 2, Princes of the Desert Series
Series Best Read In Order: Worked well as a standalone
Steam Level: Steamy

I have a confession to make: I adore Sheikh stories. They’re a total guilty pleasure of mine. I also h
This book shone in its romantic aspect. Along with the heat of passion (and boy is there a load of that!), the tenderness of romantic love makes itself abundantly felt. I loved the moments where we got to see the domestic side of Ramiz's and Celia's relationship: talking about one's day, planning for the future, teaching children, and just enjoying each other's silent company under the stars. The two main characters seemed to really balance each other out. They were sweet, intelligent, and passi ...more
Andrea
What can I NOT say about this book? It had everything you could wish for in a romantic book. It contained emotion, sex appeal, a good plot, nice characters, a dreamed man and woman, and much more. The landscapes were amazingly alluring, the place's customs were interesting and foreign, the romantic content was fulfilling and exciting. I am not so much into writing a review by making practically a summary of the story; I prefer to write about the general impression the book made on me.
So, the bi
Aayesha
So I liked this book plenty. It was sweet and full of angst, with a lovable heroine and a hot hot hot hero. But what I didn't like was the whole Arab-theme. God, no matter how good the book is, the Arab theme always manages to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I usually don't read books with this theme, and I will try to stay away from them in the future (after I give the last book in this series a chance).

About the characters. While I liked the sizzling chemistry between the two, their efforts to
Sara
OMG. This is the first harem romance I've read, and totally loved it. He is a prince, she is an english wife of a diplomat who is murdered on his way to speak to the prince. She is the only survivor and is saved by the prince, who just happens to be there at the right time. Her husband is a coward who failed to even try to protect her, and is killed trying to run away. Also she is still a virgin (?!?!) because her dead husband wanted to have 'time' to 'get to know each other'. WTF?
Anyways, the g
Jacqueline
Well written with interesting local color. Good hero and heroine. The only thing that held it back was that I felt it lacked conflict or any really big emotional moments. It was more gentle and inevitable feeling I guess. I liked it but can't quite put my finger on why it didn't score higher with me. I am going to look up the others in the series and read them though.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Princes of the Desert
Julie
This was a fun romance to read because it was different than the typical regency romances that are my style. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the change of setting to a desert sheikdom and a ruthlessly handsome desert warrior. The hero while still brave, strong, and alpha-sexy was even more intriguing because of his foreign mystery. The heroine was easy to relate to, being down-to-earth and portrayed as a realistic female that could have been from any century. I am not usually into Harlequin Romanc ...more
Roub
the book was enjoyable enough but not 2 my tastes ! i felt dat der was only sex bet them n dat celia let herself be used by ramiz. after all, he had every intention 2 get his fill of her, then move on that is; get rid of her n marry a princess
Loretta
I pick these novellas up to basically cleanse my reading palette and yet there are times that I stumble across a novella that is a full novel crammed into limited pages. I only wish this story had more pages to flip through.
May
Nice story about an English rose and Arabian prince
Lilith
El primer libro que leo de esta autora y además el primero que es ambientado en las tierras de "Las mil y una noches". No sé si realmente la cultura sea así como se maneja en el libro pero literariamente es una fascinante hasta dan ganas de cruzar el desierto para conocer semejante país.

Me encantó Celia, un personaje fuerte y decidido con ideas propias y fuera de lo que la "buena sociedad" cree. Ramiz de A'Qadiz... wow, sin comentarios.
Nat Decker
I chose this book from my library's audio database as a trial because it had the silliest name I could find but it turned out to be pretty good.
The herione is recently married and headed out on a diplomacy mission with her douche bag of a husband when they are attacked in the desert and everyone is killed except for her...and guess who is there to save her??? Yep. The Sheikh of course!
Mymyworm
Marre des Highlands et autres contrées anglo-saxonnes ? Ce livre est fait pour vous ! Dépaysement assuré avec un prince des plus envoûtants. Une petite touche de soleil et d’exotisme qui met du baume au coeur par une journée de pluie!!

Ma chronique ici : http://songedunenuitdete.com/2013/07/...
Anna-Lisa
Another cute oriental sheikh historical romance story. I really enjoyed the characters but liked the first book in the series a tiny bit better. Maybe because there haven't been an annoying family like Celia's. ;) Great read for inbetween!
Etty
Sebenarnya sih awal ceritanya oke cuma koq sepertinya semakin belakangan lebih pentingin keinginan seksualnya si Celia. Dipertengahan makin ngantuk dan terus-terusan loncat bacanya jadi bikin bete.
Pauline
Une histoire sympa dans un cadre différent de ce que l'on trouve en général
J'ai adoré le côté possessif, protecteur de Ramiz
Malgré tout je préfère les charmes des Highlands à ceux de l'Orient ...
Modesty_b
may be it's me...but I did not enjoy the story as much as it warrants :(
I actually felt like DNF-ing it... I think I'll go back and read it when I'm in a much better mood than I'm now in.
Tanya
Wow this is one book that I totally loved, not just liked. This is the book that got me hooked to regency novels! Can't wait to read mor of this author!
Aly is so frigging bored
I liked it. Ms. Kaye has a great writing style. I loved that though the book centered on Celia's and Ramiz's relationship, there were Arab customs intertwined.
Grandmaking553
I didn't want to put this book down, the story of Lady Celia and Prince Ramiz is very romantic,enjoyed it very much. :)
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Sicuramente meglio del 2 della serie, che per sbaglio ho letto prima di questo XD
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Princes of the Desert
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 28, 2015 10:14AM
  • For the Sheikh's Pleasure (Surrender to the Sheikh) (Harlequin Presents, #2656)
  • More Than a Mistress (Rakes in Disgrace, #2)
  • Mirage
  • Dangerous Lord, Innocent Governess (Belston & Friends #2)
  • One Illicit Night (Wellinghams, #3)
  • The Inherited Bride
  • The Falcon & the Dove (Khamsin Egyptian #1)
  • To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd, #3)
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #18)
  • Possessed by the Sheikh (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #3)
  • Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #1)
  • The Viscount and the Virgin (Regency Silk & Scandal, #5)
  • Her Wyoming Man
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
  • The Panther and the Pearl
  • The Dragon and the Pearl (Tang Dynasty, #2)
Marguerite Kaye writes hot historical romances from her home in cold and usually rainy Scotland. Featuring Regency Rakes, Highlanders and Sheikhs, she has published almost thirty books and novellas.

When she’s not writing she enjoys walking, cycling (but only on the level), gardening (but only what she can eat) and cooking. She also likes to knit and occasionally drink martinis (though not at the
More about Marguerite Kaye...

Armstrong Sisters (5 books)
  • The Governess and the Sheikh (Armstrong Sisters #2)
  • The Beauty Within (Armstrong Sisters #3)
  • Rumors that Ruined a Lady (Armstrong Sisters #4)
  • Unwed and Unrepentant (Armstrong Sisters, #5)
Rake with a Frozen Heart Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5) The Governess and the Sheikh (Armstrong Sisters #2) The Beauty Within (Armstrong Sisters #3) Outrageous Confessions of Lady Deborah