Start by marking “Perfect Digestion: The Key to Balanced Living” as Want to Read:
Perfect Digestion: The Key to Balanced Living

Perfect Digestion: The Key to Balanced Living

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Dr. Deepak Chopra presents an ailment-specific program that tailors the benefits of Ayurvedic medicine to the treatment of digestive disorders. By following Dr. Chopra's suggestions, readers can learn to overcome intestinal problems in a natural way that takes their specific needs into account.

From the Hardcover edition.
Published May 26th 2010 by Harmony (first published October 3rd 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Digestion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Digestion

Zachary Yeung
I thank Chopra for this wonderful and succinct book on how one easily can manage to maintain a good diet and lifestyle.
Kathleen
This is the book that helped me start healing my IBS when nothing else would and I couldn't eat anything and had lost 50 pounds in 6 months. It's basically about eating according to ayurvedic principles; his quiz on how to determine your dosha is the best I've found anywhere. (I also recommend Heather Van Vorous' books and website for IBS help.)
Sumathy
A simple book brimming with both scientific and practical information and tips! Written in his typical style, with simple exercises and follow up routine , it ensures that you take it seriously!
Mariana
muy bueno. Algunos consejos los tome para mi vida diaria, aunque si tuviera que seguir todos los que da el libro, no tendria tiempo para nada.. hay que buscar el equilibrio.
Yakking Yogini
Deepak Chopra is a physician who writes on a variety of health topics, sharing the wisdoms of his native country of India. In this case, he addresses IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) from an Ayurvedic perspective and presents you with a questionnaire to determine your metabolic body type (vata, pitta, and kapha doshas) and the food recommendations that go with each. He is a good author to recommend to patrons exploring Indian philosophies on health and wellness as he writes in a way that is simple ...more
Christy
I don't have digestive problems myself, but read this to see if I could learn anything useful for loved ones. It was quite good. I learned a lot about ayurvedic philosophy/science (I don't know if that's the right term, but that's what I remember) and there were surprisingly simple tips for improving one's health. It was not just all about changing your diet. I would definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with IBS or other digestive disorders.
Andi
My dad bought this book and it was read by all family members. I tought it was fantastic the little but helpful advices Deepak give us on this book, easy and effective, I also like the ayurveda diet thing and the type of bodies quiz. Easy to read, easy to apply to real life :) We loved this one.
Hillery
Explains digestion from a holistic point of view, derived from Ayurveda. This book has good information that I was not familiar with. It has a questionaire section where you can determine your metabolic body type and then gives diet suggestions for how to bring your body into balance.
Shawn
I liked this, but I read it before Chopra came out as complete mystical freak. It's hard to take him seriously now.
Regina Hunter
Nothing normal nutrisionist would not tell you, if not more, without fancy wording and complecations.
Marjorie
I am a fan of deepak chopra- another great book with advice on mind/ body and spirit.
Natasha (Diarist) Holme
I assiduously completed the book's weighty exercise, but it didn't work.
Levi
Levi marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Olivia Jackson
Olivia Jackson marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Sahar
Sahar marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Lynette
Lynette marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Christine Stern
Christine Stern marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Brar Saab
Brar Saab marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Nía Vega
Nía Vega marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Dale Shirt
Dale Shirt marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Romel Morales
Romel Morales marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Lucenda
Lucenda marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Swathi
Swathi marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Dena
Dena marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Desda
Desda marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order
  • The Complete Book of Raw Food: Healthy, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine Made with Living Foods
  • The Boys' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything
  • Eating for Beauty
  • The Gabriel Method: The Revolutionary DIET-FREE Way to Totally Transform Your Body
  • County: Life, Death and Politics at Chicago's Public Hospital
  •  Palm Sunday/Welcome to the Monkeyhouse
  • The Yoga of Herbs: An Ayurvedic Guide to Herbal Medicine
  • Hungry for Change: Ditch the Diets, Conquer the Cravings, and Eat Your Way to Lifelong Health
  • The Body Ecology Diet: Recovering Your Health and Rebuilding Your Immunity
  • Clean Gut: The Breakthrough Plan for Eliminating the Root Cause of Disease and Revolutionizing Your Health
  • The Afterlife Experiments: Breakthrough Scientific Evidence of Life After Death
  • Krishnavatara: The Wrath of an Emperor (Volume II)
  • The Art of Presence
  • RAWvolution: Gourmet Living Cuisine
  • Time on Fire: My Comedy of Terrors
  • Awakening to Zero Points: the Science of Compassion
  • The Invisible Kingdom: From the Tips of Our Fingers to the Tops of Our Trash, Inside the Curious World of Microbes
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both
More about Deepak Chopra...
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine

“(which is quite common in Europe). It’s” 0 likes