Start by marking “Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay, #5)” as Want to Read:
Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay, #5)

Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay #5)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  558 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Dr. Charlotte Adams is torn between two men.  Rev. Andrew Schilling is her past, a high-school romance that went drastically wrong.  But he's back in town now and part of her present -- along with newly-divorced Police Chief Joe Silviera, whom she's been powerfully attracted to for months.  The question is, which man is her future -- and ...more
Published September 20th 2011 by Pocket Star

Cemre
Charlotte ve Joe serinin ilk kitabından itibaren okuyucuyla beraberler. Charlotte Melekler Koyu’nun kadın doğum doktoru. Koyun şu anki ruhani lideri eski kötü çocuk Andrew ile lisede bir aşk yaşamış ancak Andrew kendisini aldatmış. Charlotte da onu aldatmak istemiş, hamile kalmış ancak bebeğini düşürmüş. O günden sonra da aşka kapılarını kapatmış. Joe ise lise aşkı Rachella evlenmiş ancak Melekler Koyu’na polis şefi olarak gelmesi ve diğer birtakım sorunlar yüzünden Rachel ile boşanmaya karar ve ...more
Rita
another great book in the series of angel's bay . dearly hope there is another book to come !
Wendy Hines
In Angel's Bay, Dr. Charlotte Adams has returned and is struggling with personal issues. She has feelings for the Chief of Police, Joe, but she also wants what she had years ago with her first love, Andrew, who is now the town's minister. She's scared though to pursue either of the men because she doesn't want to get hurt, so she keeps the barriers around her heart firmly in place.

At a New Year's Eve party, both men aim for her for the New Year's Eve kiss, but Charlotte panics and rushes up the
Jules
My 3.5 JEWEL review can be found at One Book Shy of a Full Shelf

In January, I discovered Barbara Freethy and her Angel's Bay series when I read and enjoyed my review of At Hidden Falls. I was drawn into the characters and the town immediately and wanted more.

Garden of Secrets is the fifth and final installment in Ms. Freethy's series set in the fictional town of Angel's Bay on the Central California coast. As with the other books in the series, this one can be read alone. I'm a sucker for storie
Mary (BookHounds)
LOVED IT

***slight spoilers***

You would think have two men attracted to you would be a good thing, but for Charlotte, the local OBGYN, it has thrown her world into a tailspin. After being back in Angel's Bay for a year after what she had hoped would be a quick visit has turned more permanent. Andrew, her boy friend from high school has reappeared back in her life and she agrees to meet him at the New Year's eve party given by her rival's sister. This is the guy who cheated on her and is now the l
Bea
Teaser: A reckless yearning filled her heart, and her mother's words echoed through her head. She didn't want to end up alone, but she did have a problem giving up control. Wasn't that the reason she'd dashed up the stairs at the manor? Because she'd been afraid that she wouldn't be able to control the situation?

My Thoughts:

Reading "Garden of Secrets" reminded me at times of the seventies song, "Torn Between Two Lovers" - like the singer, Charlotte loves both men and has a hard time choosing bet
Tigris Eden
5th Book in the Angel’s Bay Series 384 Pages Mass Market Paperback Publisher: Pocket Star
Barbara Freethy on GoodReads : Website : Twitter :

Dr. Charlotte Adams is torn between two men. Rev. Andrew Schilling is her past, a high-school romance that went drastically wrong. But he's back in town now and part of her present — along with newly-divorced Police Chief Joe Silviera, whom she's been powerfully attracted to for months. The question is, which man is her future — and Charlotte has to face and
Cindie
All my life I have believed we can communicate with those who have left their mortal bodies behind. I never felt it was a "evil" or "scary" type of communication but that it could be if you weren't careful.

The Angle Bay series plays on the idea that it is possible to have an "angel" help you find your love or give you the encouragement needed to find something important.

I have read all the stories in the series so far and this one was my favorite. In the 4 volumes before it I grew to love all th
Lorri
I really enjoyed the characters and the plot of this book. Charlotte was madly in love with Andrew during high school, but he cheated on her. She then dated someone else and found out she was pregnant and eventually miscarried. She did not know which of the men was the father. It left her devastated and closed off to relationships. Several years later, she is a successful OB/GYN and Andrew is now a minister. He wants to start over, but Charlotte is still leery of him and is also interested in Jo ...more
Donna
Esia_90
Książka naprawdę mi się spodobała i przypomina mi trochę cykl Lucky Harbor - Jill Shalvis. Znajdujemy tutaj opowieść, która dzieje się w Zatoce Aniołów. Mieszkańcy są ze sobą powiązani i dość dobrze opisani. Mamy tutaj miłość, tajemnice i wątek kryminalny. Książka naprawdę wciąga i dobrze się ją czyta.
BJ Rose
A very weak 3* for me - too easy to put down, and I'm not a fan of romantic triangles, especially when they last practically to the end. I did notice that many reviewers gave this 4/5*, so take my rating with a grain of salt.
Cindy
this is a light, easy summer read. i read another book in this series (angel's bay) last summer so i revisited some characters. i would probably read some of the earlier books in the series.
Marran
yay she picked the right man :-) the suspense part wasn't the best in this series but I still like the book :-)
Cindy Feigert
This is a light, easy summer read. I had another book in the Angel's Falls series last summer. I would definitly read more books in this series.
Maeleah
Another one in the Angel's Bay series. Freethy does a wonderful job of creating light romance blended with suspense. In this story, Charlotte is torn between her "first love" Andrew and exciting, but seemingly darker Chief police Joe. Of course she ends up in the wrong place as the wrong time and gets accused of being a thief, even though those who know her, know she didn't do it. Trying to stay neutral, Joe assigns the investigation work to his cohort Jason, but Charlotte keeps getting involved ...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
A suspenseful romp full of mystery, sexy tension, and even a ghost, Garden of Secrets has all the elements of a good murder mystery. Sadly, for this reader, it fell a little short of the mark. The characters did so much soul searching that the story dragged in places and the bad guy was pretty evident even from the start. Others who are fans of this series may enjoy this climatic novel, but this reader was less than enchanted by the Garden.

Virginia
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance and More

https:
Stephanie
Charlotte finally listened to her heart and made a decision! Yay! Also Lauren and Shane are back. Love them.
Diane
Good conclusion to the Angel's Bay series.
Kim
This book is the 5th in the "Angel's Bay" series, and while it works as a stand alone, I would recommend reading the others first as there is a lot of backstory that is nice to know. I didn't like it as much as the others. I felt the character of Charlotte, who is smart and savvy in the other books, acted fairly dumb in this book. And it was clear from the beginning who Charlotte was in love with, so the romantic triangle didn't work. I was really disappointed, as I had like her in the previous ...more
Julie Smith
I really loved this book. I fell in love with the characters through this whole series. I have enjoyed the Angel Bay Series from the beginning. I really hope this isn't the end of this series and I am praying that Barbara goes back and adds more. I found myself in each book wanting to visit Angel's Bay. Each Character never gave up and kept going in what was ahead of them. I highly recommend these books but then I recommend all of Barbara's books. They are books you can't put down and you want m ...more
Jill
I've been waiting for so long for this story. Love all the Angel's Bay Books, but this one was my favorite. Charlotte has always been one of the most interesting characters and I enjoyed reading her story and figuring out which of the guys she might end up with. As always, a terrific read, lots of emotion, great dialogue and once you start reading, you'll never want to stop. Highly recommended!
Mindy
I just loved this book. So sad to see this series end, but I'm glad I got to find out what happened with Joe and Charlotte. My favorite couple from Angel's Bay. Another five star book filled with romance, mystery and suspense from Barbara Freethy. I kept guessing who-dun it right up until the end. Great twists and turns! I definitely recommend this series to any Freethy fans.
KyBunnies
Nov 06, 2011 KyBunnies rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance readers who like a little crime/mystery
Recommended to KyBunnies by: Goodreads.com
**********THIS WAS A GOODREADS.COM FIRST READ CONTEST WIN!!!**********

I have not read any other books in this series but this book was great. This could be a stand-a-lone book since it has some background information on the characters from previous books. This was a fast pace book and well written.

**********THIS WAS A GOODREADS.COM FIRST READ CONTEST WIN!!!**********
Natalie
I have been following this sieres from book one ,and i hope there will be more to come.I am a hopeless romantic and love to see the happy endings.And this book as well as the previous ones are a must read if you are too.It's mixed with alittle fantasy that is very nice,different,,but very nice!Read it,you'll be glad you did
Ann
You will look good after reading this book, I guarantee it! Apologies to Men's Wearhouse...
Seriously, this was an excellent book full of magic, good food, charged relationships. I checked it out of our Botanical Gardens library. It's shelved next to the delightful Beverley Nichols' books. Be sure to try those, too!
Shellie
Love Angels Bay!
Kelly
One of my all time favs! I've been waiting to see how the Andrew/Charlie/Joe storyline played out. It was so very good. One of my favs! I can't say any more because I don't want to spoil anything..but if you haven't read this series...GET IT TODAY!
Christi
I was glad when I read this book! My only problem with the first four books was that at the end of each one I wanted to know about Charlotte and Joe. They deserved a book all of their own, and it won't let you down!
Renee
I just finished up this series and need to catch up my entries. This was my favorite of the five because if you start with book one, it builds up to this story with Joe and Charlotte. A great series.
  • River's End (The Inn at Shining Waters, #3)
  • An Amish Christmas Quilt
  • For Love or Money (Main Street Merchants #2)
  • Waltzing on Wheels (Love Notes, #2)
  • Gallagher's Hope (Gallagher, #2)
  • A Taste of Chardonnay (The Napa Wine Heiresses, #1)
  • Hometown Girl (Chesapeake Diaries, #4)
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • Share the Moon (Blue Moon Lake, #1)
  • Landslide
  • An Illicit Engagement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #2)
  • Callie's Heart (Lasso Springs #1)
  • Prelude to Reveille:  A Vietnam Awakening
  • King of Paine
  • Christmas at the Cove
  • Meow If It's Murder
  • Texas Outlaw
  • The Road to Mercy
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Angel's Bay (5 books)
  • Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)
  • On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)
  • In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay, #3)
  • At Hidden Falls (Angel's Bay, #4)
Just the Way You Are Don't Say a Word Ryan's Return All She Ever Wanted Silent Run (Silent, #1)