Start by marking “Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  222,033 ratings  ·  8,552 reviews

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires - the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend,
Published January 27th 2011 by Penerbit Matahati (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Kiss, please sign up.

Jessie Burroughs Good thing there's two more books in the series, right?
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Naomi I hope they will find a cure or something :((((

Incredible! This series continues to get better. This is one of the best vampire themed series’ out there. After my disappointment with other series’ losing there touch, I have to say that it is not the case with these books. Everything that initially drew me in is still there and then some. I’ve been in anticipation for this book for a long time, and when I finally got a copy it trumped everything else!

There were parts of the story that I figured out, and even though I wanted the novel to end
The Holy Terror
I think I have to assume that something devastating will happen in every series that Mead writes. With this one I was pretty much crying from the last 40 pages until the end. Talk about heartbreaking! I sort of saw what was going to happen coming but it didn't make it any less horrible. I'm actually still feeling the effects of this novel and I had to quickly order the next two books to find out what happens.

On the heels of the death of her friend, Rose finds out that she's going to start six w
Well holy shiiiiiiiiiit @ the end of this.
Nov 12, 2008 Courtney rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the twilight series
Shelves: teens, horror
Kat Kennedy
So far, Shadow Kiss is my favorite book in the series. Richelle Mead steps up her game on a number of fronts, in my opinion.

Plot, characterization, style, pacing and romance. All of these receive a marked improvement.

The VA world becomes more real, relatable and defined. The relationship become more involved, less childish and the main character, Rose, receives a healthy dose of adulthood.

I am coming to really enjoy these books. I wouldn't have continued past the first one without the encouragem
Aug 21, 2015 Etnik marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF 10%

Can't continue with this.It's so cheesy and I never liked the main character and I don't feel like reading about vampires anymore.
Pearl Angeli
(I realized that I wasn't able to make a review of this book. Lol. I'm sorry) :D

Anyways, Shadow Kiss is the third installment of the Vampire Academy series. I loved this sequel because everything that happened here was remarkable. I saw the strength of character Rose was able to develop. I also loved the romance between her and Dimitri. The whole book was also filled with adrenaline-pulling action scenes which were a lot better than the first two books.

The great aspect of this book was the clim
I didn't really enjoy the first two books of the Vampire Academy Series but I adored this one! Shadow Kiss has a ton more action & I actually feel for the characters!
Rose is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite female characters. She is strong, smart and not taken lightly.
Lissa- I'm not really a huge fan of Lissa. I mean I like her don't get me wrong but I just feel like she could be more.
Dimitri- There's nothing more to be said.

This is very true.

Christian- I am beginning to like
Juliana Zapata
En este libro las emociones no hacen mas que aumentar a cada página, llegas a un punto en que la acción, la pasión, el romance y el peligroso no te dejan parar de leer.

Hasta ahora mi favorito de la saga. Ademas el final esta de muerte, no puedo creer ninguna de las cosas que pasaron al final de este libro.

Reseña Completa:
♔ Leah.
Spoilers ahead, you have been warned

I think this book kind of made me love this series because it went on a level that no other YA book went before and I was very happy about the fact that Richelle Mead took a risk, but looking back in hindsight at this series? I was wrong, terribly wrong but let’s save that for when I do reviews of Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice, shall we?

In Shadow Kiss, Rose is suffering the trauma of the Spokane incident and Mason’s death- which adds another twist: she i
Let me express my feelings of this book by using this gif

That pretty much sums up my feelings for this book.
Emily May

There's no denying it, I loved this third book in the series (probably best of all) and I finished it with all kinds of feelings and thoughts running through my head. The ending leaves the reader on such a cliffhanger and the fact that I am constantly being warned against reading book 4 just makes it all the worse. I want to know what happens... damn it, I NEED to know what happens. Can that possibly be it? (view spoiler)

I've com
Shadow Kiss is the third installment in The Vampire Academy Series and it is by far, my favorite book in the series! I mean, how can I not? It's so good!

Adele won 6 Grammy in the past Grammay's. What does she have to say about the book?

Adele approves!

Shadow Kiss continues the story of the main character, Rose Hathaway and her education in becoming a Guardian. Rose knows it is forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend Lissa- the last Dragomir princess- must always come first. U
Shadow Kiss started off slow, but ended up being great. I really like how Ms. Mead takes things to a level where not everything has a happy ending. It has realistic qualities for being a young adult paranormal book. I felt Rose's pain and confusion as she struggled with what she had to deal with being "shadow kissed". I enjoyed her interactions with Lissa, Dmitri and Adrian. Even though I inadvertently knew a big piece of the story, it didn't happen as I envisioned. This book has a lot of heart, ...more
Nov 05, 2008 Sarah rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who can handle it none of you twilight-happy ending people
what to say about this book... i just finished it and it was really good but some people will be very angry about it not to give too much away. and just to tell you rose does make a huge decision in this book and it's mind blowing. i liked it because it continued on in the infamous manner of the series not to give too much away. defiantly a must read series and it left a wide opening for the next book to be awesome. there's not really much to say i really liked it but it makes you sad just like ...more
Stop. Don't talk to me right now; my heart is broken. Teared up so much towards the end of this book, and I can't even review it properly. Gosh dang it Richelle you did it again! You managed to get me in tears yet again. :( The more I'm reading this series, the more I am falling in love with it! This one had a lot more of Dimitri and Rose in it than the last two books thank goodness! This book was just amazing, a bit more complex then the first two but still a great book for the series to have, ...more
Gela & Pineapplez ♡
My heart...
My fu*&ing heart...

Anouk | (Foxidian_)
I am not okay, not at all...
I cried like a baby...
Oh god... Dimitri... I can't even... That ending!

Pretty much took off a star because I was disgusted with how Rose treated Adrian in the end. No matter how hurt you are it doesn't give you the right to use people in such a way. What a fucking bitch she is sometimes.

Apart from that thing, this was the best one so far. Can't wait to see what happens next.
This is the third book in the VAMPIRE ACADEMY series and I highly recommend you read the first two books before reading this one. I read all 400 plus pages of this book in one day ~ it grabbed my attention from the very first and I could not put it down. Intense, suspenseful and full of shocking surprises ~ I can't wait until the next book is released!

I rarely thought about Dimitri as someone with a life away from me.

You know who else thinks people disappear when they leave the room? Infants. It's a concept that they have to grow out of - figuring out that people have lives apart from when they are in the child's presence. It's called "Object Permanence" and according to my old psychology book, a child should have fully developed object permanence by the age of 2.

In other words, although Rose shows signs of maturity on rare occasions, she h
I saw a major spoiler:

When I get to THAT part while reading:

It might have affected me much more if I wasn't spoiled at all. UGH. Why do I have to browse reviews?! Lesson learned, I guess.
Liz* Fashionably Late

Buddy (re)read with my smart friend Yani just to hold her hand whenever she needs it.

Mrs Mead, why can they just be happy?? why?
Juliet had it easy...

Damn it. This was amazing. Still my favorite in the series.

I think the dynamics Christian/Rose and Adrian/Rose were one of the best things of the story. Obviously, the cabin scene was still amazing but what about Christian and Rose teaming up to fight Strigoi? Man, that was epic.

The whole thing took under a minute. Christian and I exchange
And I'm lying on the cold hard ground!

Q: How does Taylor Swift's catchy song apply to me reading Shadow Kiss?
A: Because I knew there was trouble when I walked in.

Lol, jokes - I knew there was trouble the moment that weird psychic lady was like, "You will lose what you treasure the most!" Because it would be horribly convenient if the book didn't end in a heart-wrenching cliffhanger, now wouldn't it?!

I was just...shattered.

And the saddest fear...comes creeping in. That my OTP is doomed
Stop. Don't talk to me right now; my heart is broken. Teared up so much towards the end of this book, and I can't even review it properly. Although Rose did annoy me more in this book, but I guess I understand what is causing her attitude. However, it's so infuriating when she keeps stuff from the people she trusts and doesn't tell anyone. Why, Rose, Why? Also, I'm marathoning these books, so the recaps are getting a little redundant and I generally just skim over those. But the ending:

J.m. Darhower
So, okay. It's been two days since I read this and I'm still trying to process what happened in it.

(view spoiler)
Al terminar el libro lo primero que hice fue:

¿En serio? ¿Dimitri? De tantos personajes en el mundo, Dimitri tuvo que ser, ¿no? Perfecto, simplemente perfecto.

Lo que más me encantan de estos libros es que Richelle hace que las cosas ordinarias y aburridas sean las más interesantes, los personajes son demasiados realistas, milagrosamente Rose no se vuelve más estúpida en cada libro.

«Yo no te dejare sola en esto, no importa que pase. Tú tienes que saber que yo nunca te abandonaré».

Dimitri... ah..
Jan 11, 2015 Laz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire addicts
“You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can.”

You see that? It's 5 STARS!!. This grew so much onto me and I can't shake that feeling of excitement every time I read a word, a page, from this book. I've tied myself with the characters on such a profound level.

This book was the epitome of crying-hard-in-your-bed. It's one of those books that after you finish reading you just stare ahead into the unknown with your dead-feeling eyes for the rest of the day and when you snap out o
This is the 3rd Vampire Academy book that I've read and the 3rd Richelle Mead book.... either way, it's not my last!

Leaving book 2 and venturing onto book 3, I wanted to see what was going to happen with the characters that I slowly came to love... What I didn't expect was to have my feelings trashed!!! I have been on such a journey with Rose, she is fast becoming one of my favourite leading ladies and one that my heart will be permanently etched to.

This book had me rushing in places, eager to f
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Chosen (House of Night #3)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6)
  • Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Vampire Academy (6 books)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

20 trivia questions
11 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can.” 2600 likes
“What's up?" I asked.

You tell me," he said. "You were the one about ready to start making out with Adrian."

It was an experiment," I said. "It was part of my therapy."

What the hell kind of therapy are you in?”