Start by marking “A Family for Faith” as Want to Read:
A Family for Faith

A Family for Faith

When Faith Hagin sees widower cop Gabe Reynolds every day in her coffee shop, she can't help but feel for the struggling single dad. She's raised a teenager of her own--and sadly, knows what "not" to do. But thanks to his matchmaking preteen daughter, Chelsea, the whole town's praying for Gabe to find a wife! Even though Faith thinks she's content being just friends, spend ...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Family for Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Family for Faith

Margaret Chind
Feb 28, 2011 Margaret Chind rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Margaret by: Missy Tippens
One thing is that I love Missy as person and wish I had met her earlier in Georgia before I had to move. Another is that I already knew that I enjoyed her writing as I had read and loved A Forever Christmas two years ago so I expected to enjoy A Family for Faith. What I did not expect was just how much I enjoyed this book. I could not put it down and loved it beginning to end. This book is just as good as any Debbie Macomber story that I have experienced through novel or film. I cannot wait for ...more
Ausjenny
Aug 22, 2011 Ausjenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contempory
Another great book by Missy. This is a fun story inspired by a father/daughter encounter on a plane. Gabe is the father of a pre teen and struggling. Faith is the neighbour who offers help.
Chelsea the daughter gets together with one of the ladies from church and they start praying for a wife for Gabe. this is where it starts to get really interesting. I love how Chelsea wants the best for her dad. Faith is also struggling with some past issues but is a real help for Chelsea. Both Faith and Gabe
Charlie
Apr 10, 2011 Charlie rated it really liked it
A Family for Faith by Missy Tippens was an excellent read. I usually find many Christian books lacking in substance and more ‘preachy’ but this book had a great storyline, where you really got to know the characters. I really enjoyed the teenager Chelsea, and felt for her as well as her father Gabe. Faith herself has some problems with her son. The two families tie in nicely, it was beautifully written, and I know that I will pick up another book by Missy Tippens when I see it!

Recieved through G
Paula
Apr 15, 2011 Paula rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! At times it was lighthearted and funny, at others it was heartfelt and touching. Missy Tippens created such loveable characters with Faith, Gabe, and Gabe's 12-year-old matchmaking daughter, Chelsea. This was a beautifully written story that I thoroughly enjoyed!
Christy
Apr 12, 2011 Christy rated it it was amazing
A Family for Faith is Missy’s fourth book for the Love Inspired line and it might be my favorite of Missy’s books. I found the whole premise fascinating and not done in Christian fiction before (that I can remember). When I read the authors note at the end of the book and found out how the idea came about I enjoyed the premise ever more! The characters were real and very relatable and as I read the book Faith really grew special to me because I saw a lot of some of my actions in her. I also foun ...more
Jane
Aug 05, 2011 Jane rated it it was amazing
What a story! The struggles of Faith and Gabe dealing with their fears while God draws them together is so real. None of us are perfect so we all have fears when it comes to love.
Second marriages for both Faith and Gabe for different reasons. With my oldest just remarrying and God's blessing on her wedding there was so much joy. I could feel it for Faith and Gabe in the story as well as for my daughter.
Chelsea lost her Mom. Ben was hurting and made some wrong choices. All the healing that had to
C. Eileen Maxwell
Jan 13, 2016 C. Eileen Maxwell rated it it was ok
Sterling. Buffed with silver. Tears, laughter and hope blended togather to make a great love story.
Jennie
Aug 24, 2011 Jennie rated it really liked it
Faye
Sep 06, 2011 Faye rated it liked it
Sweet story, but I found it a bit hard to relate to.
Kayla
Mar 18, 2015 Kayla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of my favorite Harlequin Love Inspired books! This book was so hard to put down! Lighthearted with the perfect ending.
Lindi Peterson
May 11, 2011 Lindi Peterson rated it it was amazing
Missy Tippens does it again. Makes me fall in love with her characters and story. Great book!
Sandra Orchard
Aug 29, 2011 Sandra Orchard rated it it was amazing
Awesome romantic tension. Kept me up into the wee hours. Now I'm sorry it's finished!
Klikovy Manacotee
It was AMAZING! I love it! I would read it again and again! I would recommend it to everyone who likes romance!!
Vickie Bertsch
Vickie Bertsch rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Patriciaw
Patriciaw rated it liked it
May 24, 2011
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2011
Angel Girl
Angel Girl rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2016
Janeal Wilkerson
Janeal Wilkerson rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2014
P. J.
P. J. rated it liked it
May 19, 2017
Luannecates
Luannecates rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2012
Marg
Marg rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Laura rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Pat Oringer
Pat Oringer rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Alexis
Alexis rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2011
Emily Grace
Emily Grace rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2011
Radia
Radia rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Cathi
Cathi rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 25, 2015 09:42AM
  • The Nanny's Homecoming (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #1)
  • The Prodigal's Christmas Reunion (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #6)
  • Shelter of Hope (New Friends Street, #1)
  • The Doctor's Family (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #3)
  • Heart of a Cowboy (Steeple Hill Love Inspired)
  • Baby Makes a Match (Chatam House #3)
  • Daddy Lessons (Home to Hartley Creek, #2)
  • Apprentice Father
  • Home Sweet Home
  • Ready-Made Family (Wings of Refuge, #3)
  • Wyoming Lawman (The Women of Swan's Nest, #2)
  • Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2) (Larger Print Love Inspired #415)
  • The Cowboy Lawman (Cooper Creek, #5)
  • A Family for Thanksgiving (After the Storm, #5)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
I live in Georgia with my wonderful, supportive, pastor husband (my very own real life hero even though he's not too handy around the house). We have three perfect children. Well, maybe not perfect, but they're loving and fun and are God's greatest blessings. To add chaos to the household, we have two dogs and a cat.

I was a stay-at-home mom for 16 years, writing for about 10 of those years. I own
More about Missy Tippens...