Start by marking “When We Meet Again (Effingtons #10)” as Want to Read:
When We Meet Again (Effingtons #10)

When We Meet Again (Effingtons #10)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,234 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Pamela is a mystery Alexei is determined to solve ...

Prince Alexei of Avalonia is a master at the art of seduction, butwhen a mysterious young woman he meets at a masked ball spends the night in his bed, he finds he is touched in ways he cannot forget. Still, he wonders if she was real or a dream spun of moonlight.

Alexei might well be a temptation Pamela cannot resist ...

A
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about When We Meet Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When We Meet Again

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
You can't be serious....that's the end ?!?!?

description

But nothing happened ! Nothing at all !!! Where was the climax ?!?! O.o
Bark's Book Nonsense
I listened to this book on audio and it couldn't hold my attention. Fortunately, neither character was irritating or obnoxious but the story just seemed to go on and on going nowhere. Really though, I think the problem lies in the fact that I've read too many historical romances over the years and the plot or the characters have to be exceptionally different to stand out for me. This one just wasn't.
Heather
Sep 06, 2007 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was a refreshing trashy romance novel. It was really witty, and I actually laughed out loud several times.
Judy
Aug 28, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This 10th book brings us back to 1820's. Alexei, Prince of Avolonia, was in an earlier book. He is a bit of rake and very arrogant. He meets a woman in Venice and she stays with him in his mind for the next 4 years. He never seen her face or learned her name.

Pamela Effington was naive at twenty. She had been shy and unattractive. When her looks changed she fell for the first man. She planned on marraige, he did as well only to someone he was already betrothed to.

Pamela goes and lives with her Au
Lighthearted
Oct 03, 2008 Lighthearted rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
After having her heart broken, Pamela decides that she wants to forgo societal conventions and become a ‘worldly woman’ instead. Prince Alexei’s looks and reputation seem particularly suited for her introduction to such a life and she seduces him. They are at a masked ball when they meet and she never lets him see her face clearly. The night means more to her than she expected however . . . and to him as well.

A few years later, the pair cross paths again. Alexei is renting a house that Pamela ha
Julie
May 11, 2012 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical/Regency Romance Lovers
Meet Prince Alexei of Avalonia, an exiled Noble from a small eastern European country that no longer exists after its take-over and absorption into the Empire of Russia. This rogue of a Prince has spent most of his life seeking the frivolous pleasures of drinking, gaming, and women. That is, until the recent death of his father forced him into the presiding ruler of his country and people. Then the responsibility began, and the difficult decisions and sacrifices. Alexei may live a conservative ...more
Maura
Patria
April
A delicious Regency read!! Engaging characters and an entertaining plot line. Nice amount of steam to keep the story popping!

They really are quite a pair! Such an entertaining tale, much farce!

I love a lively historical with all the pomp and circumstance! Really enjoyable read!

A fun series.
E. Jamie
Aug 22, 2014 E. Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me so happy! It was filled with all the hallmarks that make Victoria Alexander an auto-buy author for me. Passion, romance, humour! I have so much love for this book and the dueling scene has to be one of my favorite scenes ever!
Amanda dalon
Dec 30, 2010 Amanda dalon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TOOK SOMEONE ELSE's REVIEW ~ LOVED IT....Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.

Prince Alexei Pruzinsky of Avalonia is arrogance personified, dangerously charming, and a master at the art of seduction. He meets a mysterious young woman at a masked ball and spends one night in bed with her. His heart is touched in ways he has never felt before. They both know that marriage is impossible due to their stations, however, Alexei is upset that she refuses to take off her mask or tell him her nam
Angel Pascoe
Mostly only got a 3 cause I appreciated Alexei's position and maturity for his country. Pamela was really pushy and it annoyed me how she made her cousins get answers for her through her own love interest. And the pairing off of *everyone* was annoying...and the ending...and George.
Kristen
Dec 25, 2010 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you love great historical romances with a hint of mystery, you'll enjoy When We Meet Again by Victoria Alexander, the 10th book in the series. Four years ago, Pamela Effington seduced a prince for one night in Venice--a night they wouldn't forget. Four years later, they meet again, when Prince Alexi Pruzinsky from Avalonia resides in Pamela's home she has inherited, and thrown in a faux engagement, to save her ruined reputation. Alexia has his own troubles, when he's exiled from his country a ...more
I_love_a_happily_ever_after
I enjoyed this book. I really loved hating George, and then I remembered something Ms. Alexander said at a luncheon I attended, how she writes her hubby into all the books as one of the bad guys and I really felt bad for hating him! Ha! But he was written so well! Sniveling stalker! The hero was charming, and the sub romance threader were endearing. Would like to see the Princess have her own story someday. Definitely read this book.
Michelle
Jan 20, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prince Alexei and Pamela Effington They pretended to be engaged, and they had been involved in the past.
April
I didn't realize this was part of a series until I looked it up on the author's website. It was a quick read and I enjoyed it, but I thought the reunion of the two main characters could have happend a lot sooner in the story. Plus, every time the male main character was close to figuring out that the female main character was the woman he met briefly four years ago, he would second guess himself and this only dragged the story even more.

I am interested in reading the previous books in this serie
Feathzzz
read while in jail. Actual rating: 3.3
Dia
So. So. Well i liked it. That's all.
Kelly Ann
I waffled between a 2 and 3-star rating. It wasn't eye-rolling but the story definitely wasn't as good as the others that I've read in the Effington series. I didn't feel the love between Alexei & Pamela so much. Both were likeable but irritating at times too, mainly due to some actions they took without truly believable reasons. Alexei wasn't as thoroughly drawn for my tastes and his feelings were simply stated in the story as opposed to the story giving us a bit more insight into them. The ...more
May 28, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Alexei, Prince of Avalonia, is forced into a sham engagement with Penelope, a mysterious encounter from his past. Every single plot point was set up in an appallingly complicated manner and dispatched in a ludicrously simple manner; some balance between the two would have improved the book. The pacing was a little bit off, with big changes in character intentions in the space of two pages of text. That said, they were a cute couple. I really enjoyed the snippets of character thoughts at the begi ...more
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Prince Alexei was my favorite character in the series. I really wanted him to have the best story and I believe that indeed it was. Fate has a way or re-uniting a couple after four years: they met at a masked ball and then she left without telling him her true name. Serenissima was the name he had given her after falling in love with her. Back then he was the crown prince of Avalonia but now he has lost it all. When he meets Pamela Effington though he'll find out that love is the only thing that ...more
Bolatito Agbaje
it was good, a little tedious towards the end.
Ada
Sep 08, 2011 Ada rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another very good story in the House of Pruzinski/Effington/Shelton family saga. It ties in old characters and continues story arcs that are well established. Even villianous characters aren't all bad and her inclusion of a former evil character is done in a way that won't make readers upset. Thoroughly enjoyable read, light-hearted and with characters that are easy to fall in love with.
Teresa
Apr 25, 2015 Teresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5
This story was just average for me. The blurb on Alexander's books always sound so interesting and then the story fails to deliver. I liked Alexei, but I didn't care for Pamela. She seemed very childish to me.
S.e.
Feb 15, 2014 S.e. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More than half way through and liking this very much. Amusing dialog and a bit of twist, as the roles of pursuers keep switching around. I've recently discovered Victoria Alexander & think that this is my favorite so far. But I've everything I've tried. I'm listening to the audio & enjoying Jill Tanner's narration; she is always very good.
DeAnna Knippling
Oct 08, 2013 DeAnna Knippling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A foreign prince who's lost his homeland to a Russian invasion...a self-assertive witch who's had to run from scandal before but is home to take what's hers...

A forbidden lease...

Too bad we didn't get to see the seduction of Petrov. Oh, well. A very silly, wonderful book. Very nearly a farce, and I mean that as a compliment.
Alegna
Romance and mystery meet in this enchanting story of two lovers who meet in Venice for a magical night and then meet again in full daylight. Both characters have changed but that night stays with them, and only one of them knows who's who from that night. I loved reading this book, I just couldn't put it down.
Carito Cárdenas guevara
La manera de escribir de Victoria Alexander es, en cierta manera, muy hermosa y El Reencuentro no es su excepción. En este caso los principales eran Pamela y Alexei, pero la autora no dejó de lado a los secundarios, dándonos una historia llena de intrigas y risas perfecto para el último libro de una serie
Becca
Feb 28, 2015 Becca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prince Alexei is arrogant in a fun way and Pamela is a good match for him. I enjoyed the secondary characters very much and almost wish they had been featured more! The plot was driven by a "secret" that took way too long to reveal, but overall, it was a light fluffy read with plenty of fun banter.
Eli
Hace tiempo quera leer algo de Victoria Alexander, ya que haba ledo muy buenas crticas de ella. Este no es el libro que tena mejores crticas e incluso sabiendo que no era el primero de la serie, empec por este. Porqu? Porque los libros de reencuentros me encantan! :) ...more
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 10:20AM
  • In the Bed of a Duke (Cameron Sisters, #3)
  • The Bridal Quest (The Matchmaker #2)
  • His Mistress By Morning (Marlow, #1)
  • Secrets of a Perfect Night
  • The Rogue (Liar's Club, #5)
  • To Rescue A Rogue (Company of Rogues, #13)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Griffin Family, #2)
  • The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
  • Don't Bargain with the Devil (School for Heiresses, #5)
  • How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2)
  • The Marriage Trap (Trap, #1)
  • Rules of Attraction (Governess Brides, #4)

New York Times bestselling author Victoria Alexander was an award winning television reporter until she discovered fiction was much more fun than real life. She turned to writing full time and is still shocked it worked out.

Since the publication of her first book in 1995,
More about Victoria Alexander...

Effingtons (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Wedding Bargain (Effingtons, #1)
  • The Husband List (Effingtons, #2)
  • The Marriage Lesson (Effingtons, #3)
  • The Prince's Bride (Effingtons, #4)
  • Her Highness, My Wife (Effingtons, #5)
  • Love With the Proper Husband (Effingtons, #6)
  • The Lady in Question (Effingtons, #7)
  • The Pursuit of Marriage (Effingtons, #8)
  • A Visit From Sir Nicholas (Effingtons, #9)
  • Let It Be Love (Effingtons, #11)

“Pamela pulled off her cloak and Alexei gasped.
"You have on breeches!" He stared in disbelief. "Breeches!"

"I've never worn them before, and they are extremely comfortable. I quite like them." She smoothed the fabric over her hip. "Besides, you don't expect me to duel in a dress, do you?"

"I do not expect you to duel at all!"

Pamela ignored him. "That would be most unfair, dueling in a dress, unless, of course, you would be willing to wear a dress as well?"

"Don't be absurd." He snorted in disdain. "I have no intention of ever wearing women's clothing again."

"Again?" She raised a brow.
"It was an unavoidable disguise," he muttered.”
1 likes
“La vida tiene una interesante forma de cambiar tus planes y de cambiar incluso aquello que crees que quieres.” 1 likes