It's Always Darkest Before the Fridge Door Opens: Enjoying the Fruits of Middle Age

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Top humor writers Martha Bolton and Phil Callaway put their signature humorous spin on middle age.
Published October 1st 2006 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about It's Always Darkest Before the Fridge Door Opens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Always Darkest Before the Fridge Door Opens

Paula Hrbacek
I ran into an old friend that I hadn’t seen in a long time the other day. She asked me what’s new. I told her that my mother had gotten sick, I was first responder, then she died and I was the executor. Then I told her why both of my brothers are now angry with me. She responded by saying “Paula, I asked for the news, not a soap opera.”
It’s been a long year, and I’m just plain worn out. The last few books I’ve reviewed have been self-help books that didn’t help me all that much. Then I saw “It’s...more
Rachel Lubow
This book contains humor, several strong lessons, and sincere wisdom. Unfortunately, it also contains many Christian cliches. Using critical reading, you can enjoy and learn from this book.
Pam
This book has it's funny moments and serious moments. And I think that's the way the authors intended. It's thought provoking, none the less. This a refreshing read in the land of shallow books that promise if you follow steps 1,2, and 3 you'll have a happy life. This book gives the joy and glory where it belongs - to God.
Janelle
3 1/2 really. There was a lot of encouragement in this book, but I didn't always connect with the humour.
Jenni
Not as funny as I expected, but certainly had its moments.
Lorna
Very humorous and uplifting
Susan Hill
Susan Hill marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Rick Walton
Rick Walton marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Gary
Gary marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Donna Maguire
Donna Maguire marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Debbie Phillips
Debbie Phillips marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Dylan Jøseph
Dylan Jøseph marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Sara Anderson
Sara Anderson marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Mybucklingbookshelf
Mybucklingbookshelf marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Candy
Candy marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Lei Somma
Lei Somma marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Cyndi
Cyndi marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Gina Hott
Gina Hott marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Josiah for President Cooking with Hot Flashes: And Other Ways to Make Middle Age Profitable Didn't My Skin Used to Fit? If the Pasta Wiggles, Don't Eat It-- And Other Good Advice: Wise Words to Tickle Your Funny Bone and Make You Think Growing Your Own Turtleneck...and Other Benefits of Aging