Start by marking “It's Always Darkest Before the Fridge Door Opens: Enjoying the Fruits of Middle Age” as Want to Read:

Top humor writers Martha Bolton and Phil Callaway put their signature humorous spin on middle age.
Published October 1st 2006 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about It's Always Darkest Before the Fridge Door Opens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Always Darkest Before the Fridge Door Opens

Paula Hrbacek
Feb 28, 2014 Paula Hrbacek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ran into an old friend that I hadn’t seen in a long time the other day. She asked me what’s new. I told her that my mother had gotten sick, I was first responder, then she died and I was the executor. Then I told her why both of my brothers are now angry with me. She responded by saying “Paula, I asked for the news, not a soap opera.”
It’s been a long year, and I’m just plain worn out. The last few books I’ve reviewed have been self-help books that didn’t help me all that much. Then I saw “It’s
Pam
Jan 03, 2009 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has it's funny moments and serious moments. And I think that's the way the authors intended. It's thought provoking, none the less. This a refreshing read in the land of shallow books that promise if you follow steps 1,2, and 3 you'll have a happy life. This book gives the joy and glory where it belongs - to God.
Lorna
Nov 08, 2010 Lorna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Very humorous and uplifting
Rachel Lubow
This book contains humor, several strong lessons, and sincere wisdom. Unfortunately, it also contains many Christian cliches. Using critical reading, you can enjoy and learn from this book.
Jenny Carr
I enjoyed, it, my kind of humour, and a nice light read at bedtime.
Jenni
Nov 22, 2008 Jenni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as funny as I expected, but certainly had its moments.
Glenda
Jun 06, 2016 Glenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full of humor. God wants us to laugh too, despite of what we are going through. A funny and inspiring read!
Bethany
A quick read, not too deep, but humorous.
Janelle
3 1/2 really. There was a lot of encouragement in this book, but I didn't always connect with the humour.
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Georgia
Georgia rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Anna Korczakowska
Anna Korczakowska rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Deserthomemaker
Deserthomemaker rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Sarah Meadows
Sarah Meadows rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Kayleigh
Kayleigh rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Lynn Sumners
Lynn Sumners rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Meg Myers
Meg Myers rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Joanne
Joanne rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2014
Robyn
Robyn rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2015
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Trudy
Trudy rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2016
Ronda Kinnett
Ronda Kinnett rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Phil Callaway
Phil Callaway rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2011
September
September rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2008
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was ok
Dec 17, 2008
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2014
Sherri
Sherri rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Candy Stafford
Candy Stafford rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2011
Shirley Beeching
Shirley Beeching rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2013