Start by marking “DreamKiller, The Longest Day (DreamKiller, The Specials #1)” as Want to Read:
DreamKiller, The Longest Day (DreamKiller, The Specials #1)

DreamKiller, The Longest Day (DreamKiller, The Specials #1)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Most people's dreams are hazy and long forgotten by the time their eyes blink open. Most people's dreams don't literally come true either. Marlena's do...

Little Hearts Orphanage has always been a safe haven for 'special' individuals. Azura, the headmistress, has gone to great lengths to ensure the resident's true abilities remain secret from those who would exploit them. H...more
Kindle Edition
Published January 8th 2011

To ask other readers questions about DreamKiller, The Longest Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DreamKiller, The Longest Day

Mary Beeson
A great short story that starts and ends with action.
Join Marlena, as her adventure just begins.
Marsha
Jun 11, 2012 Marsha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Adults and Adults
(3.5 out of 5 stars)
I am a big fan of Heather Hildenbrand. I love her Dirty Blood series. So, I decided that while I wait for the next installment in the series I would try another series by her. "Dream Killer, The Longest Day" is a novella about an orphan, Marlena who resides at The Little Hearts Orphanage. This orphanage is run by Azura, headmistress and she takes care of students who are special. These kids have varying abilities. Marlena can view dangers in her dreams. She uses these dreams...more
Cassie
DreamKiller drops you right into the action and keeps the story interesting right up to the cliff hanger ending! Marlena is special…that is, she is a Special, a group of people who have powers that are out of the ordinary. Marlena and her friends live in an orphanage that acts as a safe haven for specials and hides their secret from the world. Azura, the headmistress of the orphanage will do anything it takes to protect them, even using Marlenas powers to kill those who get in her way.
The orphan...more
Veronica Morfi
Marlena has been protecting the secret of the Little Hearts Orphanage for the last years. Everyone in there has special powers and the headmistress, Azura, doesn't want anyone from outside to know. So everytime Marlena dreams of killing someone, Azura asures her that this person wants to hurt them and Marlena goes after them in real life too, following her dreams. She is the DreamKiller. But one day a stranger pays her an unexpected visit telling her that everything she's been told is a lie and...more
A Book Vacation
Hildenbrand holds nothing back in this short story, jumping directly into the action and never letting up as the story unfolds. Marlena is “special,” as is everyone in the Orphanage, and if that information became public, their very lives would be endangered. Yet, not all is what it seems, and the truth may be clouded by lies.

This is a very well written short story! I was drawn in by the non-stop action and highly enjoyed the story all the way to the conclusion...

To read my full review (8/23):

h...more
Jen Wylie
Wonderful short story. Full of interesting characters and face paced enough to keep you reading. Looking forward to the next installment to see what happens next.
Mandi
good but tooooooo short!!
Erin Duke
Way too Short
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Jamie Sadler
Jamie Sadler marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Rosie
Rosie marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
NormaCenva
NormaCenva marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Jolene Buchheit
Jolene Buchheit marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
georgie
georgie marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Leatha Barron
Leatha Barron marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Ryley
Ryley marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Shaniece Deal
Shaniece Deal marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
nurmawati
nurmawati marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Who is ready for book 2? 1 3 Mar 29, 2011 06:35AM
Author of Across the Galaxy, Whisper, and the Dirty Blood series. I write, read, and fuss at my kids. Oh, and I do laundry, lots of laundry. I'm pretty good at it, too. Sometimes I even read WHILE doing laundry - and fussing at my kids. I'm a multi-tasker.

For more information on my books, release dates, or just general stalker material, um, I mean FAN material, visit my website. www.heatherhilden...more
More about Heather Hildenbrand...
Dirty Blood (Dirty Blood, #1) Cold Blood (Dirty Blood, #2) Blood Bond (Dirty Blood, #3) A Risk Worth Taking Blood Rule (Dirty Blood, #4)