Start by marking “Within Reach” as Want to Read:
Within Reach

Within Reach

New York Times bestselling author Barbara Delinsky captivates with an enthralling story of loving friendship and desperate acts.

The charming vacation house on the coast of Maine was meant to be a heavenly retreat for Danica Lindsay and her husband Blake, a place where they could mend the wounds of a strained and tired marriage. Instead, she finds herself mostly there alone
Published October 13th 2009 by William Morrow (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Within Reach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Within Reach

Natalya
May 20, 2010 Natalya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A huge Delinsky fan, I found this book's plot too simple, nothing ever happened, it was just more of the same for over 300 pages. Reminded me of Danielle Steel's "Bold Eagle". The couple's meeting and falling in love was too swift ("at first sight" basically they were talking to each other like they knew each other forever, not common in daily life) instead of a developing thing (which is more interesting). The guy character seemed to be OK with putting his life on hold indefinitely for his love ...more
Nu
Jun 08, 2017 Nu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh the drama. Full review to come.
Sheila Judson
Cheryl
Jul 01, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While this was an okay read, it was a bit unrealistic. What are the chances that your husband is not only going to LET you cheat on you but also let you then leave him to have a child with the adulterer? I really didn't like the lack of morals shown in this book, in general, but it was an okay read and the romance parts weren't that risque (although they were a BIT risque - I wouldn't recommend it to my grandmother, for instance.)
Babs
Apr 23, 2011 Babs rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although an earlier work by Mrs. Delinsky it is still a charming read. The settings, character development were wonderful and outweighed the fact that the plot twists where somewhat predictable. I would always tell others to read any book by this author but the later ones simply prove that ones writing ability matures like a fine wine... her later works are exquisite.
Cindy
Aug 29, 2010 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Barbara Delinsky novel I read just for something to read. As the other Delinsky novel I read, this also was very predictable. I enjoyed the book, but it is one I would never read again, nor pick as a book club choice. I did enjoy this story line better than "A Woman Betrayed".
Marcy Collins
May 21, 2016 Marcy Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this...even after it first debuted 14 years ago! Things fell together quickly from the start and I was happy the way it ended. I loved the New England flavor-I want to go there someday, and now have places to visit!
Adeline Kam
The storyline is flat and draggy. Could have been better if the chapters are shorter, straight to the point. No point dragging the story because one can already guess the ending. I forced myself to finish this book since I have bought it.
Jane-ellen
a little predictable, sappy at times. at times you felt like slapping both of them. danica and michael, husband blake, overbearing senate father, mother. set mostly in boston and kunnybunkport, maine
stacie
Feb 08, 2016 stacie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Neverending, predictable, boring...all words to describe this book about a married woman who meets a man on the beach when she buys a new home.
Jane
Sep 28, 2008 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love triangle...a few more interesting twists than normal. Husband is a cabinet member....typical escape stuff.
Bridget
Aug 14, 2013 Bridget rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book just dragged on. I usually really like her books, but this one was pretty boring. I just can't not finish a book though.
Mariah Brown
Jun 29, 2013 Mariah Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Barbara Delinsky book,I have read a few others and this is my favorite so far. It was well written and a good story.
Michelle
Good book.
Laura Millerick
2/21/94 was the day i started reading it.
Beth
Sep 24, 2013 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I made myself read this to the end waiting for something interesting happen. So disappointed. I found Dani so unreal and Michael unbelievable. Actually I can't believe I gave it 3 stars.
Lizzy
Dec 28, 2014 Lizzy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
[O amor é a mágica que faz de um mais um muito mais do que dois.]
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2008
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
May 06, 2016
Tricia
Tricia rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2009
Noreen McKenzie
Noreen McKenzie rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Kathryn Watkins
Kathryn Watkins rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2017
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
Sonya Kelly
Sonya Kelly rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2013
Lauren A
Lauren A rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2012
Lara Habura
Lara Habura rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2013
Margaret Shettel
Margaret Shettel rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
  • A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
  • Father's Day
  • The Striker Portfolio
  • Suspicious Origin
  • The Prosecution
  • Dark Fires (Brandon-Morgan #2)
  • Pot of Gold
  • Twins
  • Love Song for a Raven
  • Sweet Memories
  • Tangled Vines
I was born and raised in suburban Boston. My mother’s death, when I was eight, was the defining event of a childhood that was otherwise ordinary. I took piano lessons and flute lessons. I took ballroom dancing lessons. I went to summer camp through my fifteenth year (in Maine, which explains the setting of so many of my stories), then spent my sixteenth summer learning to type and to drive (two sk ...more
More about Barbara Delinsky...