Start by marking “Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert Summary & Study Guide” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Eat, Pray, Love: One W...

BookRags

This study guide consists of approx. 57 pages of chapter summaries, quotes, character analysis, themes, and more – everything you need to sharpen your knowledge of Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia. This detailed literature summary also contains Topics for Discussion and a Free Quiz on Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Eat, Pray, Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat, Pray, Love

Matthew
Jul 31, 2012 Matthew rated it it was amazing
So, I picked this book up for the first time a year or more ago. I didn't get very far. She starts off gushing about how much she'd like this hot, young Italian guy to kiss her ... but no she doesn't ... but it would be nice ... I wasn't ready for this to become a theme.

As it turns out, I was very preemptive in assessing the book. I had to take the time to step inside the author's experience, and I really began to empathize with her. She explores the human experience in a very natural way, that
Margaret Mustard
Nov 09, 2012 Margaret Mustard rated it liked it
I thought this author wrote very well and was able to communicate her distress at learning at such a late age that she really didn't want children or the life she was leading ---she felt guilty that she had gone along with the expectation of her husband that they would have a familoy and enjoy together a lovely large home and typical suburban lifestyle. Because of this insight into her true feelings the marriage crumbled. The story gets a little tedious to follow at times but overall I found it ...more
Namine
Sep 30, 2016 Namine rated it really liked it
Inspired by her way of leading a thoughtful life. Overall, the story is attractive, even though some times it can be hard to follow. This book canna provide a option on how women could lead their life. Instead of letting housework and marriage issue confine us for most of the time, women can feel the world through their unique interpretation.
Kathylynn
Eat, Pray, Love : this could be a solid second in my life only to Beachcombing for a Shipwrecked God by Joe Coomer!!

Every now and then, a book enters the life of a reader at just the right time. The reader may be going through something, may have just made a decision, may have decided on a career change, or just need the voice of strength and encouragement. This was my experience with this book which is why, no doubt, I instantly fell in love with the book (and movie.) I openly admit that I hav
Brynnie
Dec 07, 2012 Brynnie rated it it was amazing
Despite all the reviews, I never picked up this book before the autumn of this year (2012) because I thought it was another grocery store romance. But after a good friend recommended it, I decided to give in and at least read the first chapter. Perhaps it was a time/place novel that aligned perfectly but Eat Pray Live ticked all the "what am I doing with my life" boxes and gave me a new, reinvigorated zest for life and love. Not a deep, academic read but a great read for a little inspiration. 5 ...more
Jeanette
Apr 24, 2011 Jeanette rated it really liked it
Shelves: memoirs
The author is witty, intelligent & has enough money to spend a year abroad. She goes through a painful divorce and then a love affair that doesn't work out; so spends a year in search of God, spirituality and real meaning for her life. She spends 4 months in Italy, 4 months in India & 4 months in Indonesia. One of the most down-to-earth books, written especially for a woman, that I have ever read.
Bonita Braun
Jun 30, 2015 Bonita Braun rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, horrible
So self-indulgent, what a selfish person. She is so unhappy as she lies on her floor and cries, then divorces her husband and goes on a quest to find herself. I could not believe the reviews for this book, and the silliness of 40+ age women following in her path. Don't they know that "wherever you, there you are"?
Sarah Raymer
Sep 30, 2013 Sarah Raymer rated it did not like it
This was a wildly disappointing book. It lacks anything of real substance. The religious "views" are vague and noncommittal, but all other opinions are very liberal and expressed with zealous self-righteousness.
Dhanaaz
Nov 07, 2012 Dhanaaz rated it really liked it
Amazing Read. Elizabeth speaks honestly from the bottom of her heart. She certainly ahs a lot to say since she has travelled a distance. Loved her.
Shobhana Lele
Sep 08, 2012 Shobhana Lele rated it really liked it
The book renews beliefs of God and Goodness being internal part of us - dont search for happiness outside but search for it inside...pretty simple philosophy actually.
Wafaa
Feb 04, 2013 Wafaa rated it it was amazing
Loved the book and the authors journey to return to herself again ... It gave a positive look on life and how you have to face it with faith in God ... Life moves on :)
Martie Cass
Martie Cass rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2013
Tiphanee Salerna
Tiphanee Salerna rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Sa Ra
Sa Ra rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Tejes Nayak
Tejes Nayak rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Wael
Wael rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2016
Lisa Marie
Lisa Marie rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
Eman Helalat
Eman Helalat rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2013
v.pires
v.pires rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Kosha Shah
Kosha Shah rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2013
Nanon Smith
Nanon Smith rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Nidhie
Nidhie rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Melinda
Melinda rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2012
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2013
Rania Mahmoud
Rania Mahmoud rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2013
Viktoria Homenko
Nov 09, 2016 Viktoria Homenko marked it as to-read
A brilliant book...!
Erin Sutherland
Erin Sutherland rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Yousra Yousry
Yousra Yousry rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2013
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2012
  • Boonville
  • Bad Signs
  • Radical Forgiveness: Making Room for the Miracle
  • Twenty Prose Poems
  • The Lost Museum: The Nazi Conspiracy to Steal the World's Greatest Works of Art
  • The Commanders
  • Zout op mijn huid
  • Some Hope (The Patrick Melrose Novels, #3)
  • RN: The Memoirs of Richard Nixon