Start by marking “Hunchback” as Want to Read:
Hunchback

Hunchback

"You!" shouted a voice from near the willow tree. "Stop!"
Hodge heard the jangle of a horse's bridle. He spun about the other way, but a dark shape jumped out of the shadows and knocked him to the ground. Light flashed into his face as a lantern was uncovered.
"A spy," hissed the figure. "A stinkin' spy."

A glorious adventure of castles, kings, traitors-and one humble hunch
Published April 1st 2004 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Hunchback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunchback

Daron
Jan 11, 2009 Daron rated it it was amazing
I met Randall Wright at locally sponsored book signing. I had many questions, but he kindly took the time to talk about himself, his book, and other things which I appreciated. I bought the signed book for my 11 year old boy for Christmas, but as I typically do, I "borrowed" the book so I could read it myself. I like to do that with most of the books I get for the kids, especially if it falls within one of my favorite genres.

It is a rare book that causes me to have to get out a dictionary, and m
Gloriana
Apr 26, 2012 Gloriana rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anybody
I definitely enjoyed this, it was interesting, and well written. The characters were developed well, and it was a sweet story. Hodge, the main character, is a courageous, sweet, and wonderful character who I love, and the bond between him and his brother Fleet is very sweet. The prince was a little confusing, though, because he wasn't necessarily a "good guy", actually quite the opposite, but until you know that, you actually like him, so it's dissapointing when you find out he's not as honorabl ...more
Phil Hodge
May 03, 2015 Phil Hodge rated it it was ok
A light forgettable tale of knights and commoners. The only item of note is that the hero is a young man named Hodge.
Jodi
Apr 10, 2009 Jodi rated it it was ok
Hodge has always dreamed of serving royalty. Instead, the young hunchbacked teen is the lowest of the servants. He mucks out latrines, ovens and stalls. When Prince Leo arrives at Hodge's keep everything changes and Hodge discovers that getting what you want isn't always the best thing. I found the story depressing and was a little unclear on why it mattered that Hodge was a hunchback because it didn't seem to cause him any problems and gave him advantages in some instances but those advantages ...more
Jenny
Jul 02, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: teen, historical
Hodge has always dreamed of serving a prince, just like in the stories. But no one comes to Castle Marlby anymore, and who would let a hunchback serve a prince? His brother Fleet doesn't believe in him either. But one day a prince does come, but he seems to be a prisoner. Hodge befriends him when he delivers his meals, and helps the prince escape. But life isn't a story, and things don't go acording to plan. Hodge must choose his path . . .
Tamra
Jul 09, 2011 Tamra rated it liked it
I loved the setting of this novel and the twists and turns it took. The author seemed to have a good grasp of the medieval time period which helped to enhance the story. It dragged a bit in places and the ending felt rushed but it kept me interested and wanting to know what happened to the characters after the book ended.
Macy-Morgan Drake
Jul 18, 2015 Macy-Morgan Drake rated it it was amazing
I wasn't going to bother with this book because it was disappointing that it wasn't the hunchback of notre dame but I liked this story even better it was so wonderful I'd recommend this book to anyone it was so sweet and wonderful I was crying with happiness and despair all at the same time.
Emilee
Jun 10, 2011 Emilee rated it it was amazing
What a charming story about midevil times. Don't let the title sway you and think Notre Dame. I couldn't put it down. It ended kind of abruptly and therefore I wish he would write sequel. A woman in my ward named Fae. Her son wrote the book.
Mallory Pinson
Good Book
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Eloise Brachenburry
Eloise Brachenburry rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Jessica McFarland
Jessica McFarland rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Catherine Perry
Catherine Perry marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Cherie Davis
Cherie Davis rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Snip
Snip marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Maxrausch
Maxrausch marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Mirelinde
Mirelinde rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2014
Denise Ferro-novack
Denise Ferro-novack marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Oct 05, 2013
Noah
Noah marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Caren
Caren marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
Naomi
Naomi rated it liked it
May 10, 2013
Lholfeltz
Lholfeltz marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Chris
Chris added it
Dec 04, 2012
Krys
Krys marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2012
Jarom
Jarom rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2012
Shelbi
Shelbi rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2012
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012