Start by marking “Blackthorne's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blackthorne's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #3)

Blackthorne's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony #3)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  18 reviews
For better or for worse

Tired of being wooed for her dowry, Lady Madeleine Castleigh has given up on finding true love. But on her way to elope with a boring but honorable philanthropist, her carriage is seized by a nobleman on the run. Maddie is alarmed, especially when she catches sight of Jack Martingale, Marquess of Blackthorne, exactly the sort of wickedly attractive m
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published October 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Blackthorne's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blackthorne's Bride

ChloeLeeNH
Aug 01, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Regency Era fans
This was a great adventure... the heroine was too funny. And the hero was so protective and so attentive... begrudgingly but still sigh worthy!

Excellent!
L.A. Miller
What I love most when I read historical romances is the authors ability to take you to another time and once you have read the last page you feel as if you truly experienced what life was like in that world. If History teachers could take lessons from writers than maybe more kids would enjoy learning about another era instead of rolling their eyes.

From the first pages Shana pulls you into her characters, their lives and the past that haunts them. While I love the first two in the series I think
Shen
I laughed my ass off during this book! Maddie is hilarious. She's kind hearted, sweet, wants to save the world and gets into all sorts of scrapes while trying.

Poor Jack fell in lust after one look into Maddie's big blue eyes. He had no idea what that look would lead to. If he did, he'd probably run as fast as he could. But he fell and is now trying to keep his sanity while attempting to keep Maddie safe.

This book is easily the best one in the series and my favorite. The characters are brilliant
Veri
I don't understand how this book has so many positive review . This book was TERRIBLE. I felt I was reading a parody of a romance novel. The plot was very promising but the execution was just bad. I forced myself to finish it but it was painful to read. This was definitely not a goodread for me.
Patti
I really enjoyed Jack and Maddie's story. Maddie and Jack are perfect for each other and so are Ashley and Nicholas. The race to Gretna Green and all the complications that arise is entertaining!
Robyn
Loved this book. I think it was the best of Shana Galen's (Misadventrues in Matrimoney). Loved Jack the hero, and Maddie was sweet and funny.
Kathrina
Immensely entertaining!
Maria
The third book in Shana Galen's Misadventures in Matrimony series was an adventurous romance with danger and excitement. The series follows four cousins and friends and their adventures (or, as the series title suggests, Misadventures) on the way to a happy ending. This book features Maddie, the reluctant, seemingly timid cousin who has an inner strength that shines through. For my full review on my book and history blog: http://bit.ly/HeCSJe
Andreasoldier
Woman determined to marry boring philanthropist is kidnapped by a cad with a title. This unlikely pair is soon being chased by a powerful with revenge on the brain on the way to Gretna Green for the wedding.
Once there, a drunken priest marries Madelien to the wrong man -- the cad.
The two discover things in coomon, not least of all passion, something Maddy had always longed for. Now she must convince Jack to stay married.
Robin (RBBR)
This was suppose to be a Quartet but something happened (not sure what) and the fourth book is on hold possibly permanently. Fortunately the way this one ends you are not left with a major feeling of disappointment at knowing what happens next because you have a very real sense of the final Heroine's happily ever after. If its ever published its a definite buy IMO.
Kate
Regency. Meh. Much heavier on the action sequences than the sex - everyone is constantly being ambushed or chased by the variety of people out to get them for a variety of reasons. There's the ubiquitous accidental marriage and misunderstandings galore. It got a bit repetitive and I stopped caring about the lovers half-way through.
Linda
This book felt like I was reading slapstick trying to mimic drama. It was quite patheric. I couldn't get into it & was flipping pgs towards the last few chptrs. Not a book i want to keep or re read.
Carrie Olguin
A bit too melodramatic for me. The villian "the Black Duke" is too flat a bad guy for my taste or I would have given the story one more star. Other than that, humor and action and romance abounds.
Rachel (BAVR)
Review in the works. Every time I start thinking about summarizing this book, my face twitches. Not a good sign.
April
I am totally in love with this series and cannot wait for the last book. Please hurry Shana Galen!!
Danette Steward
I guess this was a comedy. Fast paced, chaotic bad luck.....with a bad villein.
The Twins
not my genre but entertaining
Hope
Hope added it
Jan 20, 2015
Beng
Beng marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Agatha Ding
Agatha Ding marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Blacky *Romance Addict* marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Jess
Jess added it
Dec 22, 2014
Jacinta
Jacinta marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
  • My Lady, My Lord
  • Christmas In The Duke's Arms: A Christmas Anthology
  • Almost a Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #1)
  • A Grosvenor Square Christmas
  • A Belated Bride (Rogues, #2)
  • Never Marry a Stranger (Sons of Scandal, #3)
  • Let It Be Love (Effingtons, #11)
  • An Heiress For All Seasons (The Debutante Files, #1.5)
  • The Mad, Bad Duke (Nvengaria, #2)
  • Wicked Seduction (Wicked, #2)
  • The Charmer (Liar's Club #4)
  • So Enchanting
  • It Takes Two to Tangle (The Matchmaker Trilogy, #1)
  • The Iron Rose (Dante Pirates, #2)
  • To Seduce a Bride (Courtship Wars, #3)
Shana Galen is the bestselling author of fast-paced adventurous Regency historicals, including the RT Reviewers' Choice The Making of a Gentleman. Booklist says, "Galen expertly entwines espionage-flavored intrigue with sizzling passion," and RT Bookreviews calls her "a grand mistress of the action/adventure subgenre." She taught English at the middle and high school level off and on for eleven ye ...more
More about Shana Galen...

Misadventures in Matrimony (4 books)
  • No Man's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #1)
  • Good Groom Hunting (Misadventures in Matrimony, #2)
  • The Pirate Takes a Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #4)
Lord and Lady Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #1) When You Give a Duke a Diamond (Jewels of the Ton, #1) The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution, #3) If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton, #2) The Making of a Duchess (The Sons of the Revolution, #1)