Start by marking “Ghosts and More Ghosts” as Want to Read:
Ghosts and More Ghosts

Ghosts and More Ghosts

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  9 reviews
10 Stories of Ghosts, Haunts, Spooks, Spells and Witchcraft for Young People

These ten stories, written by an expert in the art of the strange, the spooky, and the suspenseful, will give you hours of pleasantly shivery reading -- mixed with chuckles to relieve the tension.
Published 1972 by Random House (first published 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts and More Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts and More Ghosts

Raja99
This was one of the two or three books that had the biggest impact on me as a kid; I read it many times, and probably can't be objective about it.

Interestingly enough, it was also the first book I reviewed on Amazon. Here's that review, which I posted on July 15, 1998:

Great book of spooky tales for children

I discovered this book when I was the perfect age for it, and I still enjoy it today. It's a collection of ten stories about ghosts and the supernatural with a little fantasy and science ficti
Tarma
I remember reading this book over and over as a kid. Imagine my delight when I was cleaning out a box of random 'crap' my mom had put away when I moved out (sorry, mom, for how long you've been my free storage solution...) and pulled it out again. I'd completely forgotten every story except for vague memories of "Do You Believe In Ghosts?"

Ghosts & More Ghosts is a collection of (from an adult point of view) somewhat tame ghost stories. But while tame, they are also unique enough to make them
Scott
“It was a weird sort of sound he heard, a shuffle-shuffle then a click…” One of a collection of short story’s found in the book Ghosts and more Ghosts by Robert Arthur Jr. Footsteps Invisible narrates the tale of a blind newspaper salesman Jorman who has the uncanny ability of telling his customers by their footsteps and the story of Sir Andrew who is being chased around the world by something that always tracks him down.
This story holds so much of what scares me in a good horror story. The uns
IziEzi
There are two stories that I remember from this book, and still give me the shivers to this day: "Footsteps Invisible" and "Do You Believe". The others stories are just okay.
Richard
An enjoyable collection of classic-style ghost stories intended for precocious kids who like to creep themselves out. This was one of my cherished books when I was young, and I still enjoy going back to it now and then.

I agree 100% with IziEzi that "Footsteps Invisible" and "Do You Believe in Ghosts?" are the stand-outs.

Some of the stories feel a little dated, having been written in the early 1940s (so they already felt that way back when I read them). But I suspect even a post-Gen X kid will s
Whitney
As a somewhat precocious kid who liked to creep herself out, I really took to these stories. Especially "The Rose Crystal Bell." and "Footsteps Invisible," the latter of which would make an excellent radio drama, if there was still such a thing.
Jim
One of my favorite books growing up. I would read it every October and often inbetween. I finally found a new copy since my original was so worn out. It is still as good today as when I first read it.
Meghan
Probably the first ghosty collection I ever read. It belonged to my Uncle. This is still one of my very favorites, though it looks to be hard to find now.
Douglas
Nov 04, 2009 Douglas is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i love ghost books!
Ronnie Joiner
Ronnie Joiner marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
TerryLee Mutty
TerryLee Mutty marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Jenny Clark
Jenny Clark marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Dempse Kb
Dempse Kb marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Colton
Colton added it
Oct 04, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Maren
Maren marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Canavan
Canavan is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2014
Grace Ann
Grace Ann marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Mohammed Shabir
Mohammed Shabir marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Debanjan Ghosh
Debanjan Ghosh marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Robert Jay Arthur, Jr. was a mystery writer known for The Mysterious Traveler radio series and his Three Investigators series of novels. He is frequently confused with the film producer Robert Arthur, who was nine days older than mystery writer Robert Arthur, Jr.

Robert Arthur, Jr. wrote a number of mystery books, mostly for children, and he also worked on the anthology television series Alfred Hit
More about Robert Arthur...
The Secret of Terror Castle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #1) The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2) The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3) The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4) The Mystery of the Screaming Clock (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #9)