Start by marking “Serena Embracing Darkness” as Want to Read:

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  40 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Waking from being attacked with only a necklace laid beside her as a clue to the attacker. Things begin to get strange as the thirst takes over Serena's life as she tries to battle and escape from her mortal world to prevent her mortal children from being endangered and her partner from becoming overpowering of her life.
Seeing a chance of a lifetime to take a vacation with
Published March 10th 2011 by Esquire Publications (first published December 19th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Serena Embracing Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serena Embracing Darkness

Divergent by Veronica RothUnearthly by Cynthia HandWither by Lauren DeStefanoAcross the Universe by Beth RevisStarcrossed by Josephine Angelini
YA Debuts 2011
166th out of 331 books — 1,243 voters

More lists with this book...

Michele
Jan 14, 2011 Michele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the unpredictability of this book and the characters relationships with one another. It has humor, vamps, murder , a strong woman with a smart mouth and much more. What's not to like about it!
I loved it and can't wait for the next!
Raquel Vega-Grieder
Review Of Serena Embracing Darkness By Laurie Bowler

Will Laurie never cease to amaze me? Her Vampire stories always seem to consume me. When I first starting reading Serena Embracing Darkness I thought Serena Taylor was such a cold-hearted b*tch. I knew from reading the blurb and all that Serena was a Vampire but in the very beginning it didn't appear that she was one yet and so I was enraged by her behavior towards her husband and especially her children. As the story progresses shortly after
Giovanni Gelati
Apr 29, 2011 Giovanni Gelati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vampires, Vampires, Vampires. Are you getting the hint here? Laurie Bowler delivers a full length novel that is deep, dark and brooding. What exactly does she have in the pages of this totally moving and suspenseful tale of woe?
“Serena finds herself thrown into the dark world of the dead; her own maker had killed himself shortly after biting her. Leaving her unconscious and unaware of the monster she'd become, her only clue to his identity was the relic he'd left behind, the one Serena lovingly
Book_warmer
Feb 11, 2011 Book_warmer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book where the writers talents have been spread throughout the pages of the book. The storyline is about vampires and shows all the old traits we are used to reading with the paranormal creatures such as these, but Bowler has explored and developed new traits that I am excited to see explored in more detail in Bowler's later editions of paranormal romance.

Reading this book Serena is strong willed and has an incredible way of showign that she can hold her own against the men and many di
Nicole
Feb 02, 2012 Nicole rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hated this book. The only reason I even tortured myself enough to finish reading it was because I was already halfway through and wanted the credit towards my 2012 reading goal. The grammar was horrible, wrong words were used so I had to pause and figure out what was really being said. The last pages I had to just skim, because I couldn't handle it anymore.
Nelson Cunha
Jun 23, 2013 Nelson Cunha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a great plot, cant wait to finish the book!!!

Melissa
By Laurie Bowler

What would you do for revenge? What would you do to keep the people you love safe?
Serena Taylor has a secret life that she has hidden from her husband, Jake and her two children. But when she has the opportunity to visit her mother and escape from her marriage, she takes advantage of that time to take a little revenge on the man she believed had taken her mother from her life. Just like Serena is doing, fleeing from a less than satisfactory life, her moth
Chris Chetwynd
Apr 04, 2011 Chris Chetwynd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fifth book I have read from the increasingly impressive Laurie Bowler. With each new book, the author's imagination, descriptive powers and portrayal of emotions reaches a whole new level. Serena Embracing Darkness is no exception.

Although I found the book a little uneasy to start with, the main character's personality at the beggining of the book was a tad unlikeable, by the time I had finished the first couple of chapters I was hooked. Serena Embracing Darkness is a whole lot darke
Jude
Feb 12, 2013 Jude rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A disappointment! The writing is rushed with little character or place developement. It was like reading the author's notes for the book, not the final product. It is obvious that the only real interest of the author is the romance between Serena and Tim, everything else is incidental. In fact, I found Tim incredibly annoying, if he had kept me in the dark and patronised me to the extent that he does Serena, there would have been an almighty ruckus! It seemed she had gone from one controlling ma ...more
Laurie Bowler
Sep 27, 2011 Laurie Bowler rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Serena is based upon the actions of a real person that I know, it was while I was creating the storyline that I decided to turn Serena into a vampire and add a different taste of vampire mystique to my already growing pile of paranormal stories.

And just for the record, Serena does not have chidren while she is a vampire..if the story is read correctly it is clear Serena was turned after she'd had her children!!!

Again, happy reading and enjoy the story.

Laurie
Tia
Jan 09, 2013 Tia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this novel pretty boring. I just couldn't stand the slow points. Not to mention Serena, at first she was all half mother, half violence and evil. Then she had such a personality split that left me wondering if the author made her bipolar. I can't say I really liked this one at all. I'm giving it 1.5 stars.
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Serena
Serena marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Feb 23, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Craig Tampin
Craig Tampin marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Stephanie Clarke
Stephanie Clarke marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Sierra Leith
Sierra Leith marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Tara Blake
Tara Blake marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Kaitlin Martin
Kaitlin Martin marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Cheyenne Swift
Cheyenne Swift marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Abir
Abir marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Laura Williams
Laura Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
  • The Vampire's Game
  • On the Soul of a Vampire (On the Soul, #1)
  • My Blood Runs Blue
  • Emancipation: A Civil War Vampire Novel: Book One of The Thirsty Ones
  • Midnight Blood (Born Immortal, #1)
  • Lovestruck Succubus
  • Cursed Immortals Omnibus 2: Judas & The Vampires
  • Seduced by Blood (A Sangre Novel, #1)
  • Blood Marriage
  • Blood Legacy (Cursed by Blood, #3)
  • Hearts of Stone (Dracula, #1)
  • This Blood (Grace Allen, #1)
  • Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire, #1)
  • Hunting (The Hunting Saga, #1)
  • Darklands: A Vampire's Tale (Darklands Vampires #1)
  • Blood Harvest
  • Alone (Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose, #1)
  • Vampire for Hire: Two Novels (Vampire for Hire #1-2)
Laurie Bowler resides in Hampshire, a county located in the United Kingdom where she started writing fantasy fictions and romantic novels in 2009. She finds it fascinating to create stories, detailing emotions and brings the books character to life.

After reading hundreds of romance novels, she knew she wanted to write romance within the fantasy storyline, as she finds them both fascinating and adv
More about Laurie Bowler...