Start by marking “Road Builders” as Want to Read:
Road Builders

Road Builders

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Now being re-issued in hardcover, "Road Builders, is the perfect book for any child who can't get enough of trucks or construction. With Caldecott Medal-winner Simms Taback's bright and engaging illustrations and a fun and straightforward text by B. G. Hennessy, this picture book will satisfy even the most curious little minds.
Published September 1st 1996 by Puffin Books (first published August 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Road Builders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Road Builders

Becky García
Road Builders by B.G. Hennessy and Simms Taback is a picture book for young children that discusses the step-by-step process of building roads. The book explains in terms that are easy for young children to understand the different types of trucks and machinery that are used for this job, the roles of the many people involved, and the steps that they follow.
By reading this book, children will become intrigued by the descriptions of the vast amount of equipment used in road building, and they wi
Amanda Leclair
this is a great book for all children who are obsessed with big diggers or large trucks. Great illustrations,simple text.
Asha Smith
I really enjoyed this book. Though it is a simple read, it is a good introduction book as well. It gives steps to how a road is built. It is great to learn how to write step by step stories. This book also answers curious questions about things we use on a daily basis. It is good to introduce how to write.
Tanya W
Well, it might be a five star, but I feel I have to save that for truly amazing books. 4 and 5 year old preschool girls loved this book and were pointing out some of the specialized trucks later in the day. Fun artwork, educational about what it takes and how many different people it takes to build a road.
Barbara
Dec 22, 2008 Barbara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Pre - Gr 2
A 3rd good book to round out a construction storytime. Multicultural and 'multigender' workers build a road and show all the machines and processes needed to build a road... for all those machine freaks.
Gail
This book has nice pictures, which are colorful and detailed. It describes what different kinds of trucks are needed to build a road. My daughter(1.5 yrs) asks me to read this book every day.
Lydia Moses
This is one of my brother's favorite pictures books. It talks about all different kinds of equipment it takes to build a road.
Beth
My son loved this one. He's all boy and fascinated by trucks and building. This was perfect for him.
Jessie
Oh this really takes me back. This is one of the first books that I ever read and I loved it.
Emerson
I like animals and trains more than I like construction equipment, but I really enjoyed this book.
Jessica
If you have kids that like construction equipment, this is a great book. My boys love this book.
Elizabeth
This was a great favorite for a really long time.
Mortis Boys
Recommend if your child loves big trucks.
Cws
Jun 08, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: br
BR-Hen
Jason
Jason added it
Jun 05, 2015
Anne Tipton
Anne Tipton marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Ellen
Ellen added it
May 16, 2015
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Tracie
Tracie added it
Feb 13, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
A LITTLE ABOUT ME

As a child I loved to draw-but I also loved books, especially picture books. I still remember certain illustrations, covers and bindings from books that were read to me as a young girl.
I’ve lived in many places: I grew up in Wantagh on Long Island, N.Y., graduated from Northfield Mount Hermon School in Massachusetts and attended St. Lawrence University in upstate New York.

At the U
More about B.G. Hennessy...
Corduroy Lost and Found The Boy Who Cried Wolf Corduroy's Christmas One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims Claire and the Unicorn Happy Ever After