Lesbian Couples: A Guide to Creating Healthy Relationships

Lesbian Couples: A Guide to Creating Healthy Relationships

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Written by two experienced lesbian therapists, Lesbian Couples covers a range of topicsacommitment ceremonies and marriage, living arrangements, work, money, togetherness and separate identities, coming out to family and friends, resolving conflict and understanding each otheraand uses a variety of helpful examples and problem-solving techniques, drawing from research done...more
Published December 21st 2004 by Seal Press (CA) (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Lesbian Couples, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lesbian Couples

Emma
This is a pretty middle-of-the-road, calm person's guide to relationships. As in, not going into the nitty gritty stuff, but suggesting counseling if you have nitty gritty stuff. It does provide a good overview of issues that come up with lesbians throughout the span of a relationship. I've gone back to it a few times to review the section on boundaries.
Natalie
Absolutely awesome book that specializes in the intricacies of women's relationships and the strong desire to retain individuality while being in long-term committments with their partners. Good examples of life experiences are given. Highly recommended to those just coming out or wanting to understand relatioships in a healthy, positive way.
Kate McLachlan
It's actually a guide to all relationships, not just lesbian ones. I read this book shortly before I got together with my wife. When we got together I gave it to her to read, but she never did! We're still on year 8, so I guess it's not ABsolutely necessary to have read it, but maybe it is necessary for one of the two.
patrycja polczyk
It's the first book about lesbian couples I've read and I must admit it's good. Well written, calm and reasonable. Could be bit more detailed, but worth reading. And I'm going to keep it as a good resource book.
Crystal Delossantos
I just purchased this book yesterday and I have been up all night reading very single detail that, pertains to my partners and I relationship. They really know what they are talking about.
Ashley Medley
Helpful even if you're not in a relationship. Maybe even if you're not a gay lady.
TC
say what you will...i found it incredibly useful.
Estelle
Useful book. Can keep it and read again!
Cecezelaine
Cecezelaine marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Shan White
Shan White marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Jen Eden
Jen Eden marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Chubs Dizzy
Chubs Dizzy marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Alex
Alex is currently reading it
Aug 11, 2014
Mahash
Mahash marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Hafida Vincian
Hafida Vincian is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Eunitta Meade
Eunitta Meade marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Tonya Heston
Tonya Heston marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Rianda
Rianda marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Trina
Trina marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Alethea
Alethea marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Lesbian Parenting Book: A Guide to Creating Families and Raising Children The Lives of Lesbian Elders: Looking Back, Looking Forward (Haworth Innovations in Feminist Studies) Lesbian Couples: Creating Healthy Relationships for the 90s