Start by marking “A Gathering of Light” as Want to Read:
A Gathering of Light

Read Book

A Gathering of Light

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  61 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

Sarah's tragic and troubled history is turned toward a new hope; in saving Hixson she saves herself.

This book contains adult themes but is not explicit.
Published November 7th 2010 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about A Gathering of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gathering of Light

LAWonder10
Jun 25, 2014 LAWonder10 rated it really liked it
This is a delightful tale of an exceptional young woman with special abilities, living in Virginia during the time of the Civil War. She was an orphan living alone with only one close friend and her son who lived on the next farm over. The son, especially, aided her in various ways.

The tale details how this young woman, among other attributes, helps heal a badly injured Union soldier... thus, a true friendship formed between them. She endures a tremendous trial after he leaves. The plot continue
Laurie
Mar 12, 2012 Laurie rated it really liked it
The story begins during the civil war, a Lieutenant for the North side, Hixon Morris is lying gut shot on the battlefield, with no hope of surviving. He awakes, in a small cabin, where he has been healed by a woman who is not only a southern "rebel", but a mysterious light gatherer.

Author Patricia Isles weaves a wonderful tale around the miraculous paranormal healer, with a touch of romance, history, and tragedy thrown in. The editing errors were almost to the point of annoying, with several i
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
217pgs, historical, Union soldier Lieutenant Hixson Morris is dying on the battlefield, gut shot. But instead of dying he finds himself in the care of beautiful, mysterious Sarah Westbay. Her miraculous gift for healing first saves his life and then shows him his own destiny. Sarah's tragic and troubled history is turned toward a new hope; in saving Hixson she saves herself and preserves her special heritage.
Angela
Eh. DNF around 100 pages. Can't seem to understand what the problem or conflict of the story is and can't find a reason for the story.
Erin
Jul 23, 2013 Erin rated it liked it
I had high hopes for this book based on the review I read. It seemed right up my alley, being historical fiction added with the mystical aspect of the main character, Sarah's gift. However, I don't think the author developed her characters deeply enough for me. She took the characters in the book from event to event without much depth. However, I felt deeply sorry for Sarah's assault and admired Hixson's devotion to her throughout the story.
Brenda
May 03, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it
Very fast read, easy and fun. A little bit too pat to be believable, but the characters are incredibly likeable - almost too much so. Still, it was light, fun, and definitely a "good mood" read which was just the ticket for me at the time I read the book.
SheLove2Read
Feb 05, 2012 SheLove2Read marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2012
This was a freebie read and not something I would have picked up normally. I'm not finishing this mainly because I've gotten bored with it. Slow moving and a bit odd with the civil war/paranormal angle. DNF
Cindy Winder delong
Dec 05, 2013 Cindy Winder delong rated it did not like it
This started out a pretty good book. There was some mention of past tragedies and then it moved on. When every page seemed to bring a new horror, I decided that reading this book was no longer enjoyable.
Dana Sanders
May 03, 2013 Dana Sanders rated it it was ok
started out ok but at the end it just seemed to ramble on....went into too many details that were neither interesting or relevant.
Dawn
Aug 09, 2013 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Loved the love between Sarah and Hixson. Will read again. This is how everyone should love their mate.
Allie
Mar 22, 2012 Allie marked it as to-read
Shelves: american-hf, kindle, free
Free on kindle today 3.22.12
Mya
Jun 02, 2013 Mya rated it it was amazing
i love it
Celine
Celine is currently reading it
Aug 04, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth is currently reading it
Jul 30, 2016
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Patricia Iles
Jun 04, 2016 Patricia Iles marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Diana Oprea
Diana Oprea marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Elisha Gordon
Elisha Gordon marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Salma
Salma marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
L.
L. rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Tom
Tom added it
Apr 18, 2016
Stephanie Clarke
Stephanie Clarke marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
kimberly scott
kimberly scott rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2015
Charmaine
Charmaine marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Authors...: Last day for free ebook - Historical Romance 1 5 Dec 31, 2011 09:31AM
I believe in the power of the storyteller: from the famous filmmaker to your grandmother's stories about her youth, I think a passion for stories are hard-wired into our minds.

Films give us stories that are shown to us in vibrant detail. Books let us create that colorful image in our own minds. I love both and always have.

Let me take you on a journey in your imagination. You'll meet some new peop
More about Patricia Iles...