Start by marking “Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle” as Want to Read:

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  188 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews

After a hard day's ranching, Wyatt Black wants to kick back with a cold beer. But when he steps onto his porch, he has unexpected company--his tiny abandoned niece!
Against her better judgment, Wyatt's neighbor Elli Marchuk agrees to help him for a few days.
Elli soon falls in love with baby Darcy, but it's the child's grouchy, gorgeous protector who's got her head over he
Published February 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle

Elle (Ligia)
I'm conflicted on the rating for this book. I guess I'll settle for 3 stars.

I got the audio for this book and after seeing the cover I just couldn't resist reading it... or well, listening to it. And while it didn't turn out to be amazing, it was pretty good still.

One afternoon Wyatt gets back home to a six-month-old baby on his porch. A crying six-month-old baby. He's freaked out, to say the least, and her nonstop crying is giving him a headache. So what does he do? He asks his neighbor Elli fo
Michelle
When a 6 week old baby-girl is deposited onto Wyatt Black’s doorstep, both he and his reluctant neighbor, Elli Marchuk, must overcome fears that have driven both of them to run from their past, and ultimately trust in each other. Their growing love for this child, who unknowingly becomes the catalyst for healing past hurts, is at the centre of a heartwarming story that, like all good romances do, leaves you feeling hope for good things to come.

I don’t read a lot of contemporaries but I think Don
Susanna Carr
When he finds his baby niece abandoned on his doorstep, Wyatt knows he's got more trouble than he can handle. He doesn't know anything about babies. Even though Wyatt doesn't get along with Elli, his new neighbor, he convinces Elli to help him out.

Elli is still struggling through a difficult point in her life. She has just lost everything that mattered to her and feels like a failure. She's still grieving and hasn't started living again. Wyatt is faced with a personal crisis that has given him a
Lori
Apr 25, 2011 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had this book recommended to me by a friend and not having had read this author or this line before I wasn’t sure what to expect. I have to say I was not disappointed!

Alward’s solid writing and compelling story telling will definitely have me looking for her other titles. The characters in Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle are not only likeable but also believable, complete with hopes, dreams, regrets and redemption. Wyatt’s unexpected situation forces Elli reluctantly out of her personal heartb
May

Pretty slow book

Both Hero and Heroines had haunted pasts.
Calisa
Mar 17, 2011 Calisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual Donna Alward wrote an emotional and enjoyable book in Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle. It wasn't what I expected by the title, but then again it is open to interpretation so That leaves it for the reader to assume until you read this story. I loved Elli and Wyatt. Darcy was irresistible. I was sad to finish this one, but I find myself that way with nearly all of her books. I will read this one again from my keeper shelf. I may have to buy it for Kindle now.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Babies and Brides

"I don’t read a lot of contemporaries but I think Donna Alward is a master at capturing the heart of the everyday, simple lives that most of us lead. Her characters feel real ..." from a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member. To read more go here.
LWB Marissa
Feb 29, 2012 LWB Marissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Wyatt Black has no clue what to do when he finds his baby niece Darcy abandoned on his porch. He is a rancher and knows nothing about babies. Fortunately his neighbor Elli Marchuk is willing to help him with baby Darcy till he has figured out what is going on here. Wyatt and Elli fall in love with baby Darcy and she is their number one priority till Darcy’s mum returns. They feel attracted to one another but both carry a lot of emotional luggage and this stands between them.

To be honest, I had
Catherine
Mar 14, 2012 Catherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle
This is a typical Harlequin Romance story. There is definitely something appealing about an attractive masculine man with a cute baby, and this pair is irresistible.
Although it is obvious where the plot is going once he asks for help from attractive neighbour Elli, the book gave me great pleasure.
Both of the protagonists have had sadness and tragedy in the past, and this has to be dealt with and overcome before the story, and their lives, can move forwards.
The book
Joana
Jul 14, 2012 Joana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 STARS

One Review, One Gif
(All my reviews will have a gif that represents my feelings on that book, followed by a brief (or not) comment)

My gif. review on Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle, by Donna Alward

ok john Pictures, Images and Photos

It was ok! just Ok.
Donna
Sep 12, 2014 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, canadian, 2014
Cute story. A good book for those times when you just want to read something that's not too angsty and that also guarantees a HEA ending. I plan to read more of Alward's books. She has a nice writing style.
Carrie Felton
Jul 21, 2014 Carrie Felton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story.

Cute story.

This was a cute story that brought to light the effects of a single persons actions on others around them. It was also just sweet and romantic.
Gwnhwyfer
I was expecting a straight-forward "mystery baby brings two people together" plotline. I wasn't expecting to see such depth in the characters, especially in so short a book (my Mills and Boon version clocked in at 187 pages). Elli is not usually the type of character that I prefer to read (which I didn't realize until I had started the book) ((view spoiler)), but it's testiment ...more
Kym McNabney
May 22, 2012 Kym McNabney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I spotted PROUD RANCHER, PRECIOUS BUNDLE by Donna Alward at the store, besides the cowboy on the cover, the authors name caught my eye as I'd read another of her books, A LONE COWBOY. In that book I was impressed by the unique challenge of the hero. I thought the well written book was a real page turner.

PROUD RANCHER, PRECIOUS BUNDLE didn't disappoint with the storyline, as well as the writing. I rarely read a non-Christian book anymore, and although this was not an inspirational novel, it
Michelle Tempted By Books
It was a sweet story. I wish it would have been longer. I am curious about Wyatt and Elli, after story ended.
Fedora
Jul 25, 2015 Fedora rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story with a tough rancher, his softhearted neighbor, and an adorable niece...
Loretta
The emotional factor of loss and healing is what endeared this short story to me.
Gillian
Is it weird that my favourite character's gotta be Darcy, even though she'd never spoken a word throughout the entire story? A very aww-worthy story, though I wished that it had been longer. I know that it's meant to be a novella, but I kinda wanted to see more scenes of our hero and heroine together with the baby.

Both Wyatt and Elli's backstory had been equally heart-wrenching, and this is the first time that I felt the same equal amount of sympathy towards both characters.
Gail
Rancher just getting started with his ranch comes home from work and finds a baby on his doorstep. It belongs to his sister--someone he's never quite been sure was his sister. But he can't betray his family, what little he has of it. So he goes next door to the woman housesitting there hoping for some help. She has secrets of her own, but she can't abandon the baby...and things go from there. It's a nice little romance.
Taria Reed
May 31, 2012 Taria Reed rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboy, romance
cute story, no sex but the tension and emotion made up for that. the narrator's voice kept reminding me of the guy that narrates A Christmas Story. yeah I know....lol.

Story - 3
Sep 18, 2012 Marran rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
a sweet little story
Janice Barger
Janice Barger rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Marty
Marty marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Iluvromance814
Iluvromance814 marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • Expecting Royal Twins!
  • Her Pregnancy Surprise
  • Boardroom Baby Surprise
  • The Surgeon's Surprise Twins (Safe Harbor Medical, #6)
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover #1)
  • The Boss's Surprise Son
  • A Marine for Christmas (Harlequin Super Romance (Larger Print))
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • Have Baby, Need Billionaire
  • In Christofides' Keeping (Modern)
  • Having the Billionaire's Baby
  • The Family Plan
  • Doorstep Twins
  • His Heir, Her Honor (Rich, Rugged And Royal #3)
  • The Boss's Baby Affair
  • Billionaire Baby Dilemma
  • Bossman Billionaire
While bestselling author Donna Alward was busy studying Austen, Eliot and Shakespeare, she was also losing herself in the breathtaking stories created by romance novelists like LaVyrle Spencer, Judith McNaught, and Nora Roberts. Several years after completing her degree she decided to write a romance of her own and it was true love! Five years and ten manuscripts later she sold her first book and ...more
More about Donna Alward...