Start by marking “TV Cream Toys” as Want to Read:
TV Cream Toys

TV Cream Toys

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Do you remember tearing down the stairs at five in the morning, in wide-eyed anticipation of the mountain of wrapped boxes under a Woolies' fireproof silver tinsel tree? Do you remember the sense of disappointment when what you'd asked for wasn't among them? Or – worse – when you found a cheap, knock-off version of a toy you really wanted?Lavishly illustrated and with over ...more
Published May 29th 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about TV Cream Toys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TV Cream Toys

Kerry
Jan 28, 2014 Kerry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book catalogues those toys that we all prayed for on Christmas day. I would recommend reading as a reference guide not in one sitting. As it was a struggle to get through as it became repetitive after a while. But it was written with humour and it is worth the read.
Tim Worthington
Mar 25, 2015 Tim Worthington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With everything covered from the obvious (Spacehoppers) to the deliciously long-forgotten (Star Bird!), this book will bring those memories of staring at toys in catalogues that you wanted but never got flooding back in seconds. Each toy has their own wittily-written entry, highlighting how they were both great and a bit rubbish at the same time, and there's loads of photos to boot. If you love toys, love a bit of a laugh and love, erm, 'I Love The Seventies', you'll love this!
Stephen Mullaney-Westwood
Want a book that reminds you of your childhood toys... or the ones you never got??? aged about 40 ???? (at time I write this 2015) Then you'll love this slice of nostalgia... humorous and fun.
Mark
Oct 14, 2009 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nostalgia, humour
A veritable treasure trove of toys and goodies from the late 60s through to the early 80s, the majority of which I was familiar with and a couple (especially Pocketeers and Ricochet Racers) that I loved at the time but had forgotten about over the years. Each toy’s entry is accompanied by a chummy write-up that is often laugh-out loud funny, but the writer spoils it occasionally with swearing that is clearly out-of-place. Other than that, this is an excellent book and I loved it.
CuteBadger
Feb 17, 2013 CuteBadger rated it liked it
Quite an amusing list of toys that we all wanted for Christmas. mostly in the last third of the 20th century. Details of each one are accompanied by a brief discussion of them, including witty footnotes.

Something to dip into from time and time rather than to read in long sessions. Generally funny, occasionally very funny, but above all nostalgic.
ManicMyna
can't say it it great, some good gags in it along with an unfortunate Rolf Harris reference
David Campton
A catalogue of all those presents we pestered our parents for when we were young, compiled from the TV Cream website. Diverting for a short time.
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
D GERRISH
D GERRISH rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
KL Taylor
KL Taylor rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2016
Aimee Shaffer
Aimee Shaffer marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Graham Triggs
Graham Triggs rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Marc
Marc marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Miss H R Forrester
Miss H R Forrester rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Stacey Riley
Stacey Riley is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2016
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Claire
Claire added it
Feb 10, 2016
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Lisa Graham
Lisa Graham marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Mrs. Zoe R. Baxter
Mrs. Zoe R. Baxter rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Heather Hayes
Heather Hayes marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
kerry bradfield
kerry bradfield rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Lee
Lee rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
chris hunter
chris hunter rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Victoria Frow
Victoria Frow marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
rachel davies
rachel davies rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Martin
Martin added it
Dec 15, 2015
Leanne Bell
Leanne Bell rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015