Start by marking “The Fabulous Girl's Code Red: A Guide to Grace Under Pressure” as Want to Read:
The Fabulous Girl's Code Red: A Guide to Grace Under Pressure

The Fabulous Girl's Code Red: A Guide to Grace Under Pressure

The bestselling Fabulous Girl returns with more advice for the modern woman.

Building on the enormous and continuing international success of their first book, The Fabulous Girl’s Guide to Decorum, Kim Izzo and Ceri Marsh are back with more invaluable advice on how to travel with grace over the rocky terrain of work, relationships, sex and friendship.

Code Red is a modern wo
Published April 22nd 2003 by Anchor Canada (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Fabulous Girl's Code Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fabulous Girl's Code Red

Natalie
Mar 12, 2008 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: badly behaved women
Ok- I bought this book on Monday after putting my foot in my mouth one too many times and have been reading it like a novel ever since.
Who knew that there was an etiquette to having sex in a washroom? (a dilemma I hope to avoid) After reading most of this book in a scant couple late nights, I now feel prepared to deal with workplace sociopaths and embarassing situations with grace and aplomb. If I could just keep my foot out of my mouth...
Allanna
Izzo writes an etiquette guide with a bit of a novel inside. I think my favorite parts of the book are the beginning of the chapters, where she's giving a fictional example of how some Fabulous Girls would need (or should have used) this guide.
apwebb83
Jan 13, 2010 apwebb83 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like thinking of myself in the third person when situations are tricky and socially sticky, so this book suited me. I am a fabulous girl. I've written it on my mirror in my bathroom, just incase I forget, and I'll keep this book handy. I think that I'll get copies for my daughters too.
Mycala
Oct 11, 2007 Mycala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is really cute, and the cool thing is that in between the tips and tricks there's a story. It's a bit over the top, but an interesting story nonetheless. It's a clever way to do an etiquette book.
Shannon
I enjoyed the fun and casual tone of the narrative in this book. The author illustrated the importance of good etiquette & behavior without sounding preachy or boring. I would recommend this book to women in their early to mid 20s.
Jess
Jun 28, 2007 Jess marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My mom thinks I need more grace, apparently.
Lily
3 stars
Sara
pointless...common sense and incredibly superficial
Kathryn
Aug 17, 2010 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of those that even though you know how you should handle yourself through common sense, its helpful to read it in words.
Bonita Rose
Jul 24, 2007 Bonita Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just a fun read.. can't wait to read this one!
Alia
Alia rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2013
Irene McHugh
Irene McHugh rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2012
Gayle
Gayle rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2010
Julia
Julia rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2009
Teri Ahlm
Teri Ahlm rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2012
Jennifer Chen
Jennifer Chen rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2009
A Perez
A Perez rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2012
Melody
Melody rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2015
Elena
Elena rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2011
s. koh
s. koh rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2008
Intplibrarian
Intplibrarian rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2011
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Kendra
Kendra rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Sarah Thitchener
Sarah Thitchener rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Dominique
Dominique rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Kaly
Kaly rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Janice
Janice rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2007
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • When You Lie About Your Age, the Terrorists Win: Reflections on Looking in the Mirror
  • Mutual Consent
  • City Chic: An Urban Girl's Guide to Livin' Large on Less
  • Better than Beauty: A Guide to Charm
  • Female Nomad and Friends: Tales of Breaking Free and Breaking Bread Around the World
  • Abundance Now: Amplify Your Life and Achieve Prosperity
  • Oh No She Didn't: The Top 100 Style Mistakes Women Make and How to Avoid Them
  • The Hungry Years: Confessions of a Food Addict
  • Fallen Angels and the Origins of Evil: Why Church Fathers Suppressed the Book of Enoch and Its Startling Revelations
  • Whitewash: The Disturbing Truth About Cow's Milk and Your Health
  • A Dog on Barkham Street
  • Lace and Blade
  • La Seduction: How the French Play the Game of Life
  • When Love Calls, You Better Answer
Kim Izzo is an author, screenwriter and journalist. She is the 2016 winner of the prestigious HUMANITAS Prize: New Voices and the 2016 Telefilm Canada New Voices Award. Izzo is the author of two romantic comedy novels, the best-selling The Jane Austen Marriage Manual, which has been optioned for film, and My Life in Black and White. She is also the co-author of two etiquette books, the internation ...more
More about Kim Izzo...