Start by marking “Live Right 4 Your Type” as Want to Read:
Live Right 4 Your Type

Live Right 4 Your Type

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  218 ratings  ·  22 reviews
From the doctor who brought us the blood-type health craze that has swept the nation, here is new research that shows you how to live according to your blood type so that you can achieve total physical and emotional well-being.
Over a million readers have used the individualized blood-type diet solution developed by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo to achieve their ideal weight. In th
Published December 1st 2000 by Putnam Adult

To ask other readers questions about Live Right 4 Your Type, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live Right 4 Your Type

Wendy
Although this book has a lot of scientific words, and is not very easy to understand, I found it very interesting and helpful. I do believe Dr. D'Adamo is onto something. The best parts are the testimonials that are sprinkled throughout the book from people who were really experiencing some painful and sometimes life-threatening symptoms, and then had a very quick turn-around in their overall health after eating the right foods for their blood type. Even if you just skim through this to get the ...more
Elijah Christopher
Though I've been trying to limit the amount of books I give a five to, I could give no less to "Live Right 4 Your Type." This book was my first exposure to Dr.D'Adamo's work. I had not previously heard of him, and I'm not nearly far enough along in education to be considered a pre-med student, none the less, I found the book quite resourceful and full of valuable, organized information that can be essential to learning to optimize our health. Times are always changing of course, as well as healt ...more
Tracey
Again, I found this book was great for me. Many do not believe foods, meds, etc, based on blood type can help/hurt your body. But, it does apply to me!
Laurie
As others have said, unless you are well versed in the subjects of chemistry, food, and bodily functions, much of this book may go over your head. However, there is enough understandable information for those of us who require simpler descriptions to help us comprehend the importance of eating for our blood-type.

For the first time ever I now understand why I balk so much at the idea of not eating meat, and increasing in other foods my body reacts so badly to, whereas my husband can eat things I
Angela
Though we are just beginning the avoidance of foods that are not good for our blood type, I am already feeling a difference. I have no health issues other than a bit tired in the afternoon. My daughter on the other hand has joint pain, gut issues, mood swings, a hard time focusing. We are excited to see how she does. I would encourage everyone to read this and give it a try if not for just a week.
Here are some examples for what it suggests...type a should avoid food like potatoes, bananas, toma
Jessica Lu
3 years after the book "Eat Right 4 for Types", this book is an update and more detailed reference. Worthwhile reading it if you find the previous one useful and interesting. I do.
Heidi
I really like the concept, and I like the book of food lists. But the more I read by this guy, the more confused I get. In one place it says I'm supposed to have 2-3 servings of juice a day, and in another it says I really shouldn't have any juice other than lemon water in the morning. Same with red meat: in one book he says it's best avoided but is ok once a week or so, and in another it's absolute poison. Like I said in another review, this diet is best taken as loose guidelines rather than a ...more
Colleen Pfeffer
Very interesting research. I learned a lot about living/eating right according to my blood type for optimal health.
Dawn
I don't know about this. The concept of eating/avoiding certain foods b/c of your blood type is interesting, but I'm not sure about the science. In my personal, very non-scientific experience, I've found some of this advice to apply (I should avoid dairy) and some not so much (I should also avoid wheat). I had a very expensive acupuncturist base her diagnosis and advice on this book, which I kind of consider cheating. The book struck me as horoscope-ish in that you could say "oh yeah that's me" ...more
Miroslav Suchý
Lisa
Although I loved that a lot of scientific research when into this diet by blood type, I had difficulty processing all the information, given my lack of science background. However, I understood it enough to make some dietary changes and feel better than I have in years! I now want to read D'Adamo's diet and cook book by blood type.
Natasha (Diarist) Holme
Apr 27, 2012 Natasha (Diarist) Holme rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People still looking for a cure
Shelves: advice
I read this because I know two people who recovered from ME after applying the principles in this book. One stopped being vegan after 25 years and introduced a little meat into her diet. The other stopped eating meat and became fully vegetarian. Impressive. I'm lead to believe that this book has no scientific basis whatsoever.
Ploetzly
Apr 03, 2008 Ploetzly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ploetzly by: my acupuncturist a long time ago
Shelves: have-read
because of my wheat allergy, i started researching about the effects of different plants on different organs and found out about lectins, and this book goes more in depth about lectins. i find them really facinating. still don't know my blood type, but sort of excitied, its like learning about my signs all over again!
April
Because this book had so much information on the various blood types and how foods work with the various types, I found this book quite interesting. It was interesting to find out how close it was to the different family members in my household, and it was right on the money!
Robert
Liked the organization of this book, hated what it had to tell me about my blood type. You grow up eating one thing that's your favorite and you find out it's bad for you. Sigh. To give it up or not, lol.
Jared
Motivational. Useful book to find out which foods are most probable to be beneficial to your blood type....
I found that either that or just food in moderation helped.
Grace
I bought the app for my smart phone this is the best one of all his books.
Tom
Changed the way I look at food and diet. It has changed my life and my health.
Marla Glenn
Very useful, especially for those of us with weird food allergies.
Charlene
Just when you thought you knew yourself!
Keyah Klas
Keyah Klas marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
  • Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know about
  • The Chakra Handbook
  • Crystal Prescriptions: The A-Z Guide to Over 1,200 Symptoms and Their Healing Crystals
  • Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival: Aisle by Aisle, HG-Style!
  • The Diet Cure
  • Heal Your Headache
  • Stop the Insanity
  • Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health
  • The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook: 200 Delicious Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
  • The Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It
  • Food and Healing
  • It Was Me All Along
  • The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal: Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
  • Knockout: Interviews with Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer and How To Prevent Getting it in the First Place
  • Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills
  • The Great Cholesterol Myth: Why Lowering Your Cholesterol Won't Prevent Heart Disease-and the Statin-Free Plan That Will
  • The Raw Food Detox Diet: The Five-Step Plan for Vibrant Health and Maximum Weight Loss
  • Prescription for Nutritional Healing: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements
Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution to Staying Healthy, Living Longer & Achieving Your Ideal Weight The Eat Right 4 Your Type The complete Blood Type Encyclopedia Cook Right 4 Your Type: The Practical Kitchen Companion to Eat Right 4 Your Type Blood Type A: Food, Beverage and Supplement Lists from Eat Right for Your Type The GenoType Diet: Change Your Genetic Destiny to live the longest, fullest and healthiest life possible