Start by marking “Courting Calvin (Moon Pack #3)” as Want to Read:
Courting Calvin (Moon Pack #3)

Courting Calvin (Moon Pack #3)

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,265 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Calvin Sanders has to bring Anthony to the men holding his sister hostage or they will kill her. He doesn’t want any harm to come to Anthony, but Calvin will do anything for his sister. Alesandro is a master vampire and a good friend of Anthony's. When Alesandro seduces Calvin, he finds he is more than a sexual conquest – Calvin is his mate. But will their new relationship ...more
ebook, 2nd Edition, 85 pages
Published March 26th 2011 by Silver Publishing (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Courting Calvin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Calvin

Lena Polskaia
Voilà le 3ème épisode de ce sympathique feuilleton fantastico-romantique. Le héros en est Calvin, un menuisier sexy qui travaille sur le chantier de l'hôtel voulu par Alesandro , le maître vampire que nous avons déjà rencontré. Chantier dirigé par l'architecte de génie qu'est Anthony. Or Calvin est chargé d'enlever Anthony, sous la menace de mystérieux agresseurs qui détiennent sa jeune sœur en otage. Piéger l'architecte est un crève-cœur pour notre gentil menuisier, qui a d'autant plus de mal à ...more
Ami
Dec 03, 2013 Ami rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
RE-READ NEW VERSION 28/11/11

Opinion on new version:
I think the previous release gets better revision this time around. Definitely NO MISTAKE of writing Odin as Anthony's grandfather (like it is in old release) when it is clear that it is Zeus, as mentioned in book 2.

As the story goes I like it more than book 1 and 2. First, because there is introduction of a threat for Moon Pack, in terms of mutant werekins. We have Calvin, a human carpenter that Anthony hires for his para-beings hotel, facing a
Christy Duke
I totally enjoyed this third installment in the series and I'm glad that I've continued reading them. Calvin and Alesandro were pretty awesome as the human and master vampire. The author has now introduced a valid foe to be focused on, at least for another book, so it'll be interesting to discover where this leads.
Looking forward to the next book!
JenMcJ
I like these books. They are telling an interesting story...but the editing is still terrible.
Mackenzie
Nov 28, 2011 Mackenzie rated it liked it
This one is boy!vampire meets with boy!human! (Well, they're more 'men' than 'boys' but eh. You get the point.) Anyway, Twilight alert!

Rest assured, though, Alessandro the Vampire is a much more charming and likable creature than Edward Cullen. I mean no offense - charming vampires are okay in my book, as long as they don't glitter! So Alessandro being the not-so-frightening sexy vampire lover to the guilt-ridden human carpernter fills me with glee.

Calvin, too, is a much more entertaining human
Sandra
Jun 07, 2015 Sandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
il migliore della serie,avventuroso e romantico.
Sandra
OK, I've read book 1, Attracting Anthony, and book 4, Denying Dare, and was not impressed. For free I would keep reading, but at $2.99 a piece the stories are clunky, don't flow, and have fluctuating chemistry. I think it's time to call it quits.
AղցҽӀɑ W.
Calvin is a young carpenter who is working for Anthony, the architecture who is building a paranormal posh hotel. Anthony's consultant for all it's vampire is Alesandro, a fashionable and very handsome vampire who since the first moment is attracted by Calvin. But Calvin has two reasons to avoid Alesandro's attention one he doesn't see what a gorgeous vampire like Alesandro could see in a simple man like Calvin, and two, he has an hidden plan to kidnap Anthony. Calvin's sister was taken in capti ...more
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Après la déception du tome précédent, j’avoue que j’étais un peu refroidie concernant cette série et que je n’étais pas trop motivée pour lire la suite… Mais les choses ont fait que j’avais besoin d’un petit moment de détente sans prise de tête et que j’avais cet ebook sous la main. Au final, j’ai été assez agréablement surprise, le niveau se relevant ici avec une intrigue qui devient plus intéressante.

Calvin est un menuisier de talent qui se retrouve à élever seul sa petite sœur Cynthia, ce qu’
Elisa Rolle
Amber Kell continues in her paranormal series this time exploring another classical hero of the genre, the vampire lover.

Calvin is a young carpenter who is working for Anthony, the architecture who is building a paranormal posh hotel. Anthony's consultant for all it's vampire is Alesandro, a fashionable and very handsome vampire, who since the first moment is attracted by Calvin. But Calvin has two reasons to avoid Alesandro's attention, one he doesn't see what a gorgeous vampire like Alesandro
Phaney
Mar 30, 2015 Phaney rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
2015 Re-read:

Again an okay, albeit blindingly fast, tiny story. People sure do commit very fast to either love or advanced relationships. Still, I appreciate that there aren’t pages upon pages of sex (even if the romance is still sex-based) and that there’s actual plot happening.
I guess that’s the good part about accelerated storytelling: a lot might be left out of rushed, but at least it’s not boring. It does help that the characters come slightly more alive (even the vampires, hah) than in som
May 02, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this installment previously mentioned peripheral characters are brought in to play larger roles. While this adds to the overall world building much felt underdeveloped.

Still engaging and entertaining enough to want to find out what happens, just not the least bit compelling.
Lila Hunter
I loved Al. I wished this book was longer. I wanted to see their relationship develop. Everything happend fast, but it was interesting enough.

I do think the price is a little high for 40 pages. I may read the rest later.
Lorraine Lesar
Jul 27, 2013 Lorraine Lesar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For me, the best one so far! I really, really like his series. What I like about these books, is the continuous character involvement from the other 2 books. Anthony really comes into his own and goes from strength to strength and I love Silver's character, big, bad and brooding but a puppy where it comes to his mate. Now, back to this adventure, in this book, we have more of a storyline and the author throws in some "mutant wolves" (didn't see that one coming), together with the love story betw ...more
Maggie
Feb 01, 2015 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great!

Loved it. Cute, humorous and filled with laughter and love, I am really enjoying this series. Its nice to see the evolution of the relationships already written about. Great series!
Veronica /  V
May 27, 2014 Veronica / V rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was expecting a more exiting story about this gorgeous Vampire.
What a shame that Alesandro didn't get one, still enjoyable though.
Melanie~~
Nov 15, 2013 Melanie~~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This isn't going to much of a review.

A good 3.5-star story that begins the progression of what looks to be a series story arc.

I liked that Alessandro wasn't uber-cocky given his long life and experience. I miss that we don't know what is involved the the conversion process.

Scarey moment toward the end. And Calvin has a SBS (Stupid Boy Syndrome) moment at the end.

Nice quick read. If I'm not careful, I'll rip through this series in no time! :-)

P.S. I love the third edition covers way better than
Shawnie Nicole
eh this was so-so. Although the angst was good.
Carrie
Well, so far each short story seems to be more like a chapter of Anthony & Silver's story; all really quick reads & the angst of the books usually seem forced. I think it would actually be better if read all at once, instead of like a serial with each chapter coming out every few months. However, the main plot is interesting, so I keep following it.
So far I think this story is probably the weekest. Calvin cones across as a whiner & Alesandro rather ho hum.
Fonzie
May 14, 2011 Fonzie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Worst of this series so far. Chock-full of typos and grammatical mistakes and sounding like a 14 year old on crack wrote most of the conversation.

Also, Anthony's grandfather is Zeus according to the previous story. Why a Greek demigod would appear and claim Odin (a Norse god) as his father and Anthony's grandfather is beyond me. It's probably the biggest editorial mistake I've ever seen so far.
Stephanie
May 05, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so enjoying this series. This is the third in the Moon Pack Series. The stories are short and although there is angst it's not heavy enough to keep the story from being an easy read, at least for me. It does have some heavy topics and this one is kidnapping, the victim Calvin's sister and therein creates a dilemma. What's a guy supposed to do?? I do love HEA"s.
CB
Sep 08, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read the entire series that is out to date, which is "Attracting Anthony" through "Judging Jager."

It is very entertaining with interesting characters and unique twists in each story. The characters also appear throughout all the stories, which is something I enjoy about reading any series.

I will be waiting for the rest of the series "K" through "Z" to come out!
Rachel
Apr 15, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
I'm definitely liking how these books have been revised and expanded. I love the characters in this series, both the new ones and getting to see previous couples come back. I still think this moved a bit too fast, but I just love the characters which keeps me re-reading these re-released ones...especially Silver and Anthony, my faves. :D
Ilona
Jun 27, 2013 Ilona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
A lovely continuation of the Moon Pack storyline that had a few of the old characters but focused mainly on the Vampire leader and his love interest. Again it was too short and I think that Ms Kell needs to either write longer stories (to keep her fans happy) or bring all of them out in one book!
Jen Pinto
The story was cute, but again I'm wondering if there is an editor or proofer reading these stories. This time Alasandro's name was spelled differently once and there were places that words were just missing. It detracted from the story but the series is still worth reading IMHO.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
This is the third book in the moon pack series by Amber Kell. Calvin's mate was a vampire. I was psyched to see Alejandro again and Calvin was a goof match for him. I am so intrigued by the story I can't wait to see what happens next!
Julie Burns

It was a good story, but so short :-( living this series.
A human and a vamp ;-) and throw that cute but troublesome 1/4 god, into the mix.
Love Anthony :-) and his over protective mate
Brenda (b)
May 04, 2011 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it
This time I got to learn a little bit more about the vampires and a threat to all paranaturals is discovered. I liked Calvin and Alesandro, and again I found out more about Anthony and Silver.
Karyn
Mar 30, 2015 Karyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-13, mm
Don't they edit these things before publishing them. If this was a hard copy I'd be putting commas and correcting mistakes on my edition. Like there is no respect for the readers at all.
Karen K
**2.5** I just didn't connect to the characters in this one at all and sometimes the editing made me crazy. Gonna keep reading the series though since I liked the first 2 better.
  • Heart Song (True Blood Mate #1)
  • Fluid (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #8)
  • Shane's Fury (Lost Shifters #10)
  • Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3)
  • Who Let The Wolf Out (Howl and Prowl #2)
  • To Hate and To Hold  (Anaboris Clan, #1)
  • Midnight (Dance with the Devil, #3)
  • An Unnatural Worth
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Claimed by Darkness
Amber Kell has made a career out of daydreaming. It has been a lifelong habit she practices diligently as shown by her complete lack of focus on anything not related to her fantasy world building.

When she told her husband what she wanted to do with her life he told her to go have fun.

During those seconds she isn't writing she remembers she has children who humor her with games of 'what if' and let
More about Amber Kell...

Moon Pack (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1)
  • Baiting Ben (Moon Pack, #2)
  • Denying Dare (Moon Pack, #4)
  • Enticing Elliott (Moon Pack, #5)
  • Finding Farro (Moon Pack, #6)
  • Getting Gabe (Moon Pack #7)
  • Hunting Henry (Moon Pack #8)
  • Inflaming Inno (Moon Pack #9)
  • Judging Jager (Moon Pack #10)
  • Keeping Kylen (Moon Pack #11)