Courting Calvin (Moon Pack, #3)

Courting Calvin (Moon Pack #3)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  966 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Calvin Sanders has to bring Anthony to the men holding his sister hostage or they will kill her. He doesn’t want any harm to come to Anthony, but Calvin will do anything for his sister. Alesandro is a master vampire and a good friend of Anthony's. When Alesandro seduces Calvin, he finds he is more than a sexual conquest – Calvin is his mate. But will their new relationship...more
ebook, 2nd Edition, 85 pages
Published March 26th 2011 by Silver Publishing (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Courting Calvin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Calvin

Ami
RE-READ NEW VERSION 28/11/11

Opinion on new version:
I think the previous release gets better revision this time around. Definitely NO MISTAKE of writing Odin as Anthony's grandfather (like it is in old release) when it is clear that it is Zeus, as mentioned in book 2.

As the story goes I like it more than book 1 and 2. First, because there is introduction of a threat for Moon Pack, in terms of mutant werekins. We have Calvin, a human carpenter that Anthony hires for his para-beings hotel, facing a...more
Christy Duke
I totally enjoyed this third installment in the series and I'm glad that I've continued reading them. Calvin and Alesandro were pretty awesome as the human and master vampire. The author has now introduced a valid foe to be focused on, at least for another book, so it'll be interesting to discover where this leads.
Looking forward to the next book!
JenMcJ
I like these books. They are telling an interesting story...but the editing is still terrible.
Mackenzie
This one is boy!vampire meets with boy!human! (Well, they're more 'men' than 'boys' but eh. You get the point.) Anyway, Twilight alert!

Rest assured, though, Alessandro the Vampire is a much more charming and likable creature than Edward Cullen. I mean no offense - charming vampires are okay in my book, as long as they don't glitter! So Alessandro being the not-so-frightening sexy vampire lover to the guilt-ridden human carpernter fills me with glee.

Calvin, too, is a much more entertaining human...more
Sandra
OK, I've read book 1, Attracting Anthony, and book 4, Denying Dare, and was not impressed. For free I would keep reading, but at $2.99 a piece the stories are clunky, don't flow, and have fluctuating chemistry. I think it's time to call it quits.
Angela W.
Calvin is a young carpenter who is working for Anthony, the architecture who is building a paranormal posh hotel. Anthony's consultant for all it's vampire is Alesandro, a fashionable and very handsome vampire who since the first moment is attracted by Calvin. But Calvin has two reasons to avoid Alesandro's attention one he doesn't see what a gorgeous vampire like Alesandro could see in a simple man like Calvin, and two, he has an hidden plan to kidnap Anthony. Calvin's sister was taken in capti...more
Elisa Rolle
Amber Kell continues in her paranormal series this time exploring another classical hero of the genre, the vampire lover.

Calvin is a young carpenter who is working for Anthony, the architecture who is building a paranormal posh hotel. Anthony's consultant for all it's vampire is Alesandro, a fashionable and very handsome vampire, who since the first moment is attracted by Calvin. But Calvin has two reasons to avoid Alesandro's attention, one he doesn't see what a gorgeous vampire like Alesandro...more
In this installment previously mentioned peripheral characters are brought in to play larger roles. While this adds to the overall world building much felt underdeveloped.

Still engaging and entertaining enough to want to find out what happens, just not the least bit compelling.
Lorraine Lesar
For me, the best one so far! I really, really like his series. What I like about these books, is the continuous character involvement from the other 2 books. Anthony really comes into his own and goes from strength to strength and I love Silver's character, big, bad and brooding but a puppy where it comes to his mate. Now, back to this adventure, in this book, we have more of a storyline and the author throws in some "mutant wolves" (didn't see that one coming), together with the love story betw...more
Veronica / Miss V
I was expecting a more exiting story about this gorgeous Vampire.
What a shame that Alesandro didn't get one, still enjoyable though.
Melanie~~
This isn't going to much of a review.

A good 3.5-star story that begins the progression of what looks to be a series story arc.

I liked that Alessandro wasn't uber-cocky given his long life and experience. I miss that we don't know what is involved the the conversion process.

Scarey moment toward the end. And Calvin has a SBS (Stupid Boy Syndrome) moment at the end.

Nice quick read. If I'm not careful, I'll rip through this series in no time! :-)

P.S. I love the third edition covers way better than...more
Sandra
This wasn't my favorite of the Moon Pack books. It was a decent story and I liked the chemistry with Alesandro and Calving but the mutant werewolf subplot isn't really all that insteresting to me. That being the case the books in the series that delve more closely into that plot don't really hold my interest as well as the others (say Baiting Ben for example) that are more focused on the mates and romance.

Still this is a pretty good outing for Amber Kell and I'll definitely be continuing to rea...more
Carrie
Well, so far each short story seems to be more like a chapter of Anthony & Silver's story; all really quick reads & the angst of the books usually seem forced. I think it would actually be better if read all at once, instead of like a serial with each chapter coming out every few months. However, the main plot is interesting, so I keep following it.
So far I think this story is probably the weekest. Calvin cones across as a whiner & Alesandro rather ho hum.
Fonzie
Worst of this series so far. Chock-full of typos and grammatical mistakes and sounding like a 14 year old on crack wrote most of the conversation.

Also, Anthony's grandfather is Zeus according to the previous story. Why a Greek demigod would appear and claim Odin (a Norse god) as his father and Anthony's grandfather is beyond me. It's probably the biggest editorial mistake I've ever seen so far.
CB
I have read the entire series that is out to date, which is "Attracting Anthony" through "Judging Jager."

It is very entertaining with interesting characters and unique twists in each story. The characters also appear throughout all the stories, which is something I enjoy about reading any series.

I will be waiting for the rest of the series "K" through "Z" to come out!
Rachel
I'm definitely liking how these books have been revised and expanded. I love the characters in this series, both the new ones and getting to see previous couples come back. I still think this moved a bit too fast, but I just love the characters which keeps me re-reading these re-released ones...especially Silver and Anthony, my faves. :D
Ilona
A lovely continuation of the Moon Pack storyline that had a few of the old characters but focused mainly on the Vampire leader and his love interest. Again it was too short and I think that Ms Kell needs to either write longer stories (to keep her fans happy) or bring all of them out in one book!
Jen Pinto
The story was cute, but again I'm wondering if there is an editor or proofer reading these stories. This time Alasandro's name was spelled differently once and there were places that words were just missing. It detracted from the story but the series is still worth reading IMHO.
Phaney
2012 Re-read:

The first seven books in the series are brief, easy reading, and not always engaging. It’s mostly interesting to watch Anthony’s plot develop throughout the books.
If you can plough through to get to the point where it gets better? Good deal.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
This is the third book in the moon pack series by Amber Kell. Calvin's mate was a vampire. I was psyched to see Alejandro again and Calvin was a goof match for him. I am so intrigued by the story I can't wait to see what happens next!
Julie Burns

It was a good story, but so short :-( living this series.
A human and a vamp ;-) and throw that cute but troublesome 1/4 god, into the mix.
Love Anthony :-) and his over protective mate
Brenda (b)
This time I got to learn a little bit more about the vampires and a threat to all paranaturals is discovered. I liked Calvin and Alesandro, and again I found out more about Anthony and Silver.
Karyn
Don't they edit these things before publishing them. If this was a hard copy I'd be putting commas and correcting mistakes on my edition. Like there is no respect for the readers at all.
Karen K
**2.5** I just didn't connect to the characters in this one at all and sometimes the editing made me crazy. Gonna keep reading the series though since I liked the first 2 better.
Byron
A good intro into one of the secondary characters from 'Attracting Anthony'. I'd like to see an expansion on both the story and characters.
Marsha Spence
Loved this one very much. Calvin needed help and it arrived in the form of Alesandro. Excellent installment in this series!!
Lisa
Lots of action and sex even if the story was not long enough for my liking but it is a good book to read. The whole series is.
Tamela
This series is a light read with a few serious moment but nothing tragic.

Recommended for a quick snack read.
Nara Walker
really good, but way to short. Hopefully they'll collect the stories into one giant volume one day.
Olivia
The only thing that keeps me reading this series is the characters. They are so funny!
  • Joshua's Law (Brac Pack, #18)
  • Fang And Fur (Midnight Matings, #6)
  • Who Let The Wolf Out (Hoosier Werewolf, #2)
  • Shane's Fury (Lost Shifters, #10)
  • The Hard Truth (Daywalkers, #2)
  • Micah's Refuge (Pack Mates, #2)
  • Crimson Mate
Amber Kell is one of those quiet people they always tell you to watch out for. She lives in Dallas with her husband, two sons, and one extremely stupid dog.

She also writes under the name Mikela Q. Chase
More about Amber Kell...
From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1) Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1) Trials of Tam (The Larson Legacy, #1) Mate Hunt (Dragonmen, #1) A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)