Start by marking “Dark Star Confessions Of A Rock Idol” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Dark Star Confessions ...

Creston Mapes

Dark Star Confessions Of A Rock Idol (Rock Star Chronicles #1)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Can Fame, Wealth, and Power Buy Happiness?

Everett Lester and his band, DeathStroke, ride the crest of a wave to superstardom. But the deeper they become immersed in fame, wealth, and power, the more likely they are to be swallowed alive by the drugs, alcohol, and discontentment that have become their only friends. Everett is headed down a perilous road of no apparent retur

Paperback
Published (first published May 19th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Star Confessions Of A Rock Idol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Star Confessions Of A Rock Idol

Becky Thomasson
This was a different kind of book.. The author wrote it as the main character was telling his story. At first it was strange to get into the story but it didn't take long to get swept away by the plot. It was an eye opener about how Satan can get a hold on you and not let go. I recommend this book and the next in the series.
Jean
This was a fantastic read. I felt myself sympathizing with the main character has his testimony was similar to mine only on a grander scale. A must read for anyone interested in courtroom thrillers such as "Primal Fear" and "The Diary of Emelly Rose" . The going back and forth from his memoirs (regular type) to his current condition (bold typing) takes a little getting used to but once you get that under your belt it is a fun book that is hard to put down.
Tom
I just finished Creston Mapes' Dark Star: Confessions of a Rock Idol and again I must say that I was taken in by the story and its message. I have enjoyed Creston Mapes writing style and detailed character descriptions.
I am now going to read Full Tilt and I am sure that this novel will be as good as, if not better than, Dark Star.
J.P. Grider
I fell in love with Everett Lester. He is vulnerable and broken and I couldn't help but pull for him to find the light.
Erin Wooldridge
I have read this book about 10 times!!! It is one of my absolute favorites. It will make you a bolder person.
Deb
plot summary: what happens, when & where, central characters, major conflicts[return]everett lester is on trial for his life, he stands accused of the murder of his personal psychic, endora. everett is the lead singer of the hugely popular rock band deathstroke, and in flashback the reader learns how he evolved from a wild teenager to an ever wilder adult. his musical talent earns him millions of dollars and adoring fans, but despite having all the sex, drugs, and material possessions he cou ...more
Rachel
This was actually an awesome story. The reason it got four stars instead of five is because of really bad stereotypical evangelical dialogue. There is alot of preaching to sinners that sounds like the Christians are reading directly from a tract. A very long tract. But this story of how a girl starts praying for a rock star, and does it for years until God draws him to himself, was really touching.
Gophergirl58
Okay, I've thought it before, but "Dark Star..." is my favorite of Creston Mapes' books. I put it in Number One position because it has realism, a true-to-life story of someone who has it all yet who has nothing since he doesn't know Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior! Amazing characters, writing, and story put together to make one amazing book.
NancyInWI
Probably one of the better Christian fiction books I've read in quite some time. While I felt the relationship and ease of conversion of the death metal rocker and the non-fan who wrote to him was a bit far-fetched, as a whole, this book was hard to put down. Great story, great writing, great vacation read.
Donna Jacobs
Absolutely loved the book.
Clarissa
Dark star is a reverting, highly suspenseful novel showcasing our center stage rock star, Everett Lester.
The story pursues the life of Everett and his entanglement with a psychic by the name of Madam Endora Crystal. Following her murder, Everett is put on trial as the main suspect. As it progresses, the story bounces back and forth between his past or pretrial rather, and the ongoing murder trial.

I was first introduced to Everett Lester in Sky zone. I must admit, I fell for him there. There are
Kia
Total page turner! I especially loved this book because I am a metal fan and was in bands and went to plenty of concerts "back in the day." I was lucky enough to outgrow that lifestyle without serious mishap, and many musicians I admired had to change their ways at some point or face tragic fates. The protagonist of "Dark Star," Everett Lester, is an all-out rock star, living the life and selling the libertine message. The story is told in the first person, with the back story interwoven with sc ...more
Mareena
Dec 20, 2011 Mareena rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys Christian fiction
Recommended to Mareena by: Cheryl of Media Guests Tours
The heavy metal band DeathStroke had it all: adoring fans, money, fame and a high-selling music career. The four members of the band were life-long friends who had already been through so much together. Their lead singer was the one who led them to stardom and he knew it! Everett Lester was a man who had everything: drugs, women and a true God-given talent which he was currently squandering while on a dangerous and destructive path.

Everett ostensibly had everything he had ever wanted in life; a
Narelle
I was initially unsure if I’d like reading this book. The author presented a realistic picture of Everett’s celebrity rock star lifestyle, including drug use, and the story included flashbacks to earlier events in Everett’s life leading up to his arrest. After the first few chapters I was hooked, and I read this book very quickly. The powerful story stayed in my mind and I gained an empathy for Everett’s character as the story progressed.

I’m not usually a fan of flashbacks, but the parallel stor
Ibjoy1953
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Creston Mapes write a intruging story of Everett Lester, who is looking for happiness everywhere and in everything and anyone except for the One True place he can find it, and that is through Jesus Christ. Mapes takes us on a trail of event and stiuations in Everett’s life that will keep us guessing after ever page. The characters are well developed, and the story very well written.

And it is because of the prayers of Karen Bayliss, a wonderful lady that life changed for E
Faye Wilson
First of all, I have to give a big shout out to Creston for writing a book like this. As someone who reads a variety of genres, including an occasional Christian fiction book, reading this was a breath of fresh air. Bold. It was also a big help for me for the book I'm working very hard on.

There's so much I can say about the book. But the one part of it that really hit home for me was Olivia's injuries and the severity of them. I was really pulling for her and for Everett's comfort in that situat
Jessica
I thought as a christian fiction it would be really corney, but it ended up being a good read. Yes, there were times where i thought it could be a little preachy, but with my background and experience in the faith i understand.

I really appreciate the way the book was written, because it flashed back it was like two stories in one. I do believe if this stort was told in chronological order it would have lost me. It was good to have the up and down ride with everett through the story.
Kasey
Good story line with a happy ending. Didn't have me on the edge of my seat, but all in all a good story that shares the gospel.
Katie
A FIVE STAR BOOK. Now I am not really religous, yes I go to church and but I still have my doubts about a few things and that is totally normal. This book does not tell you how to believe but give a little explaination of things if you are willing to "listen". This book had suspence, laughter, surprise and romance all in 1 one book. I will definately read another one of this books. GOOD READ I recommend it to anyone that wants to read a GOOD READ!!
Deb Todd
I love the fact that all of Creston Mapes books are so unique different from his others, but all equally good. I never know what to expect when I begin one of his books. I highly recommend this book!
Katherine Coble
Have you ever listened to your elderly aunt tell a story, realised that the actual _story_ part was pretty good and thought "this would be great if somebody else told it" ?

That's what it's like reading this book. The basic story is good. The author's storytelling skills are creaky and his narrative voice feels too mannered for this.
Marika Rossouw
This book was written so well that it sometimes felt like I was reading an autobiography. An absolute page turner with lots of surprises.
Victoria Bylin
A joy to read from start to finish . . . It's the story of a man who becomes a Christian after a long, harrowing walk on the dark side. There's something here for everyone--suspense, romance, paranormal, and a faith journey that had me cheering every step of the way.
Jan
Karen
There a re a lot of fiction christian series. I have 4 series favorites. This series -of which this one is the first of 2 in the series is in my list at # 3. I am hard to please when it comes to christian fiction, so this has to be extremely good.
Tristine Fleming
As a former music journalist who was delivered from that lifestyle, this book was such a fun read. While it brought back memories of my former life, I loved the story of redemption as I can claim it as my own.
Bob Mathias
What a true from darkness to light story. It's a story about good and evil along with brokeness and restoration. Crestion Mapes can't wait to read another one of your books.
Pete Turner
Great characters, great story, great serttings! This is one of my top 5 books! This book also made me want to become a writer!
Rhonda Martin
A gripping tale of the battle for a man's soul. Well built characters and a story told well.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Other Side of Darkness
  • My Beautiful Disaster (The Pathway Collection, #2)
  • When the Day of Evil Comes (Day of Evil, #1)
  • Proof (The Great Awakenings #1)
  • Night of the Living Dead Christian: One Man's Ferociously Funny Quest to Discover What It Means to Be Truly Transformed
  • The Mountains Bow Down
  • Eyes of Elisha
  • Madman
  • The Secret of Us
  • Paper Angels
  • Plague Maker
  • Left Behind Boxed Set 1 (#1-5)
  • Unseen: What You Need to Know about Angels, Demons, Heaven, and Hell
  • The Warning: The Story Of A Reluctant Prophet Chosen By God
  • The Breakthrough (Precinct 11, #3)
  • 40
  • The Seat Beside Me
  • Shade
Creston is the Amazon #1 Bestselling Author of Christian Fiction Suspense Thrillers!

His top-rated mystery thrillers include Poison Town, Fear Has a Name, Nobody, Dark Star, and Full Tilt. Creston's new thriller series, The Crittendon Files, launched June of 2013, and will continue with two new releases in 2014, including Poison Town and Sky Zone. His early years as a reporter inspire many of his n
More about Creston Mapes...

Rock Star Chronicles (2 books)
  • Full Tilt (Rock Star Chronicles, #2)
Fear Has a Name (The Crittendon Files, #1) Nobody Poison Town (The Crittendon Files #2) Sky Zone (The Crittendon Files #3) Full Tilt (Rock Star Chronicles, #2)