Start by marking “Between Males” as Want to Read:
Between Males

Between Males

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  497 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Odette, who looks like Linda Lusardi in a DKNY suit and has more zeros at the end of her bank balance than an astronaut's altimeter, decides to throw up the high-powered job that doesn't leave time for relationships and start her own club/restaurant. When the venture seems doomed before it has even begun by a rival chef who is as gorgeous as Jean Christophe Novelli and as ...more
Published March 1st 2001 by Coronet (first published April 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Between Males, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Males

Jacqueline
Sep 19, 2011 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
after reading this book i still wasnt sure wether i loved it or hated it! I thought that the plot was quite well formulated and kept me interested but i couldnt help spending most of my time reading it really disliking odette! She just annoyed me so much,and i thought if i read the word babe one more time that i would throw up, also i think that her character was a complete contradiction to itself, surely such a successful woman would have seen calum for what he was and realised early on that he ...more
Nicola Hession-Kent
Jul 05, 2014 Nicola Hession-Kent rated it liked it
I can't say I loved this book. I prefer Fiona's countryside setting for her books, I can lose myself in those, but this didn't really do it for me. I couldn't really get around to liking the characters. Not one of Fiona's best.
Beverley Barrett
Jun 02, 2014 Beverley Barrett rated it it was ok
Much ado about nothing. Could have been set in the mid 60's with its liberal sex. A simple story with a feel good ending. More book than the story deserves.
Barbara Elsborg
Jul 23, 2011 Barbara Elsborg rated it it was ok
Let me make it clear, I love some of Fiona Walker's books - Kiss Chase is in my top ten favorite books of all time. But Between Males - nope, not in the same league. I think part of the issue is that the characters were just not likeable. Odette tries so hard and I admired that about her but couldn't see why she'd obsess over a guy like Calum. Jimmy needed to be much more than the nice man he's shown as. The plot was good. I liked all the machinations but there was lack of fun in the story, lack ...more
Amanda
May 18, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it
Love the style of writing - Walker as sharp and funny as ever - but simply couldn't bear some of these characters, including Odette, and found the storyline just too far-fetched for words.
Rosebell
Apr 02, 2016 Rosebell rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by Fiona Walker and it was love at first page.
Tina86
Sep 16, 2012 Tina86 rated it really liked it
I was so close to giving this book a rating of 5 but towards the end, omg it just dragged on and on!

There were a few things that drove me insane especially Odette calling everyone “babes”. I noticed another comment had mentioned this and I thought, how annoying could it possibly be but seriously it was!

Other than that, it was a funny, romantic, sad and happy read. Definitely would recommend to those who enjoy reading chick lits.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

xoxo
Andrea
Aug 06, 2009 Andrea rated it it was ok
Not one of her best ones, slow plot in the beginning with dull characters. I hate weak women which this book has a lot of. If you're looking for a beach read for the summer then this is not it!!
Beth
Sep 10, 2009 Beth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-recently
I thought this was a brilliantly witty book. Great character development, a heroine one could root for, and good plot and FUN read!
Sanjana
Aug 12, 2011 Sanjana rated it liked it
A good ride of a book...a bit too coincidental at times, but then again when you're enjoying the ride the bumps don't matter!
Emma
Jul 11, 2011 Emma rated it it was ok
Readable but didn't like the charachters as much as her other books. Not as good, but readable.
Glenda
Nov 17, 2010 Glenda rated it it was amazing
I remember waking up early to read for 5 mins before work. Loved it!!
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
E A Mackenzie
E A Mackenzie marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Victoria English
Victoria English rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
jacqueline l birkett
jacqueline l birkett rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Alison
Alison added it
May 20, 2016
Lorraine Petrie
Lorraine Petrie rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Jamie Gravekamp
Jamie Gravekamp marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Lisa Fielding
Lisa Fielding rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Paula Wynyard
Paula Wynyard rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Cristie Tredeau
Cristie Tredeau marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Leona
Leona added it
Apr 30, 2016
Big G
Big G added it
Apr 30, 2016
Maialen
Maialen marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Anouska Stacey
Anouska Stacey marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Darren Tidy
Darren Tidy marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Carole Hallett
Carole Hallett marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
  • Olivia's Luck
  • Rivals (Rutshire Chronicles #2)
  • Naked Truths
  • Something to Talk about
  • Marrying for Money
  • Filthy Rich
  • A Class Apart
  • Getting Mad, Getting Even
  • Come Again (Jack & Amy, #2)
  • Glitz