Well Groomed

Well Groomed

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  585 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Tash French's grandmother mistakes a Christmas cracker ring for an engagement ring, a wedding of astronomical proportions is planned. Tash and her partner Niall go along with it, but Tash starts to have her doubts as her eyes begin to wander.
Published April 1st 2003 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Well Groomed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Well Groomed

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaSomething Borrowed by Emily GiffinBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingSomething Blue by Emily GiffinPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Best chicklit
250th out of 582 books — 851 voters
Black Beauty by Anna SewellThe Black Stallion by Walter FarleyKing of the Wind by Marguerite HenryMisty of Chincoteague by Marguerite HenrySeabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand
Horse Books/Novels
366th out of 742 books — 413 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicola Hession-Kent
Second book with Tash French, from French Relations. A very good, easy-going read with funny and interesting characters and of course horses!
Amanda
Tash and Niall have been living together for six months when they decide to invite Tash's batty family round for Christmas lunch. In the confusion of pets and presents, Tash's grandmother spots a plastic ring from a cracker on her granddaughter's finger and mistakenly announces that Tash and Niall are engaged. As her family make arrangements for the wedding of the year around her, Tash realises that, far from being happy about getting married to Niall, she is dreading the big day - and thinks sh...more
Beth Bedee
I LOVED it! Hugo is my ideal man. If this were a Regency novel, he would be the rake who needed taming. I absolutely loved the sexual tension between he and Tash throughout. While French Relations was more of a farcical romp, Well Groomed focused more on the characters feelings and the suppressed relationship of Tash and Hugo. That being said, there were still many classic mix ups and hi jinxs.

There are quite a few bits about horses and the world of three-day eventing. It may help to have some...more
Anna
I loved the prequel French Relations, but loved Well Groomed even more. Love love LOVE Tash and Hugo, they simply sizzle; they're one of my all time fave couples, and this is one of my all time fave books!

Gloria
Reading on kindle. Really enjoyed this book. Love the characters. It just misses out on five stars because I didn't much like the use of puns, they were a bit forced in places. But the book, the story, the characters, all really good.
Emma
Second in teh Tash n Hugo romp. Read after French Relations. Chick lit tastic. I love these books. Real easy but funny and enthralling tale of dysfunctional families, horsey sets and good ol love story.
Jane Oldaker
I thought this was a good romp very much in the vein Jilly Cooper. Good old-fashioned light reading with plenty of giggles.
Amy
Good old girl trash. My favorite author when I want some no brainer read.
Stephanie wanamaker
Sep 22, 2007 Stephanie wanamaker added it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves romantic british comedy
Shelves: stephsfavorites
that a book can make u cry with laughter
Amanda
Very much enjoyed this book =)
Katie Waite
Katie Waite marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Marlous Rothert
Marlous Rothert marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Charlotte E
Charlotte E marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Aug 25, 2014
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Nikki Perkins
Nikki Perkins marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
  • Rivals (Rutshire Chronicles #2)
  • Good At Games
  • A Kept Woman
  • The Old Girl Network
  • A Question Of Love
French Relations Kiss Chase Snap Happy Lucy Talk Lots Of Love (Lodes Chronicles, #1)