Start by marking “Well Groomed” as Want to Read:
Well Groomed

Well Groomed

Wedding bells or one big hitch? Tash French just isn’t sure. If her potty grandmother hadn’t mistaken a Christmas cracker engagement ring for the genuine article, there wouldn’t be a wedding at all.

Still less the elaborate, no-expense-spared circus that’s rapidly taking over her life. But at least Tash can be sure of Niall – her actor fiancé.
They know his script for the
Published April 1st 2003 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Well Groomed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Well Groomed

Nicola Hession-Kent
Jul 05, 2014 Nicola Hession-Kent rated it really liked it
Second book with Tash French, from French Relations. A very good, easy-going read with funny and interesting characters and of course horses!
Caroline Ann
Sep 12, 2016 Caroline Ann rated it it was amazing
I just love Tash.
Angela
Jun 13, 2017 Angela rated it liked it
Really liked the story and never saw some of the plot twists coming. My one complaint is that there's a lot of characters to try to keep track of.
Amanda
Mar 11, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it
Tash and Niall have been living together for six months when they decide to invite Tash's batty family round for Christmas lunch. In the confusion of pets and presents, Tash's grandmother spots a plastic ring from a cracker on her granddaughter's finger and mistakenly announces that Tash and Niall are engaged. As her family make arrangements for the wedding of the year around her, Tash realises that, far from being happy about getting married to Niall, she is dreading the big day - and thinks sh ...more
Beth Bedee
Mar 29, 2011 Beth Bedee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brit-chick-lit
I LOVED it! Hugo is my ideal man. If this were a Regency novel, he would be the rake who needed taming. I absolutely loved the sexual tension between he and Tash throughout. While French Relations was more of a farcical romp, Well Groomed focused more on the characters feelings and the suppressed relationship of Tash and Hugo. That being said, there were still many classic mix ups and hi jinxs.

There are quite a few bits about horses and the world of three-day eventing. It may help to have some
Sharon
Dec 16, 2013 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Walker writes with such vitality that all the characters are instantly brought to life. She’s funny, moving and not too OTT in her interpretation of life’s little eccentricities! Well groomed tells the story of Tash French and her boyfriend Niall who are fairly happy bumbling on as they are until a crazy grandmother mistakes a ring from a Christmas cracker as an engagement ring. Soon her whole family are going crazy over organising a wedding that Tash and Niall were far from ready for – in fact ...more
Anna
Oct 19, 2008 Anna rated it it was amazing
I loved the prequel French Relations, but loved Well Groomed even more. Love love LOVE Tash and Hugo, they simply sizzle; they're one of my all time fave couples, and this is one of my all time fave books!

Trina Knittle
Jan 06, 2015 Trina Knittle rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were all great and likable. This book had me smiling quite a lot throughout the book. I will admit there was one part of this book that just wasn't something I enjoyed at all. It was the puns, they all seemed a little force and just not natural. Still with that it is a good and fun read.
Allie
Sep 25, 2012 Allie rated it it was amazing
going through a tough time in my life at the moment so am indulging in light reading that doesn't tax my brain but lets me escape elsewhere. Where else to go but in a good Fiona Walker book. This is the 4th or 5th time reading this book, it never disappoints. love Tash and hugo. more please!
Gloria
Jul 07, 2013 Gloria rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Reading on kindle. Really enjoyed this book. Love the characters. It just misses out on five stars because I didn't much like the use of puns, they were a bit forced in places. But the book, the story, the characters, all really good.
Rebecca Hedger
I liked the overall story and how the plot develops - but throughout, I really wanted Tash to stand up and take action! It was also a very long book, with a little too much description and some scenes that could be shortened. That being said, I still enjoyed it as a beach/summer read.
Emma
Jul 11, 2011 Emma rated it really liked it
Second in teh Tash n Hugo romp. Read after French Relations. Chick lit tastic. I love these books. Real easy but funny and enthralling tale of dysfunctional families, horsey sets and good ol love story.
Stephanie wanamaker
Sep 22, 2007 Stephanie wanamaker added it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves romantic british comedy
Shelves: stephsfavorites
that a book can make u cry with laughter
Harry Tomos
Nov 12, 2016 Harry Tomos rated it it was amazing
Very funny, moments I find myself thinking this is me...love it
Jane Oldaker
Sep 14, 2012 Jane Oldaker rated it really liked it
I thought this was a good romp very much in the vein Jilly Cooper. Good old-fashioned light reading with plenty of giggles.
Amanda
Oct 16, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it
Very much enjoyed this book =)
Amy
Jun 27, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Good old girl trash. My favorite author when I want some no brainer read.
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2008
Johanna Bolton
Johanna Bolton rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Sarah Osborne
Sarah Osborne rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2017
Nina
Nina rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2014
Lina
Lina rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Anne Hawley
Anne Hawley rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2013
Aitana
Aitana rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2016
Leonieke Aalders
Leonieke Aalders rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Claire Burley
Claire Burley rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2012
Jo Smith
Jo Smith rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Kate Gibson
Kate Gibson rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2016
Laura rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Stephanie Carter
Stephanie Carter rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2014
  • Rivals (Rutshire Chronicles #2)
  • Horse Play