Start by marking “Let Prayer Change Your Life” as Want to Read:
Let Prayer Change Your Life

Let Prayer Change Your Life

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  86 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
It's not that you don't want to go deeper in prayer, you just aren't sure how. Tirabassi first describes how the impossible, the extraordinary and the unbelievable happened when she began to take her prayer life very seriously. Then she explains how you can feel and see God's power working in your own life and for those whom you pray. Her step-by-step approach to having da ...more
Paperback
Published June 24th 1995 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Let Prayer Change Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Prayer Change Your Life

Dorothy Bandusky
Feb 03, 2015 Dorothy Bandusky rated it did not like it
This book encourages readers to have a set time and place for daily prayer. In addition, a useful way to remember to praise and thank God as well as confess sin (in contrast to only asking for something) is provided. Regarding these topics, the book is beneficial and insightful.

On the other hand, much of the book reads more like an instruction manual or commercial for the author's other prayer-related products and less like a discussion on prayer. When prayer is discussed, the focus is almost so
Verm
Sep 03, 2007 Verm rated it it was amazing
This is one of the first Christian books I read. It really inspired me to pray, about EVERYTHING!
Shannon
May 13, 2012 Shannon rated it it was amazing
This book has me commited to 1 hour journaling prayer and Bible reading 5 days a week. I even felt he need for more. I have already experience answered prayers and strength. I recommend this book to those who can't get over that hump of not finding time to pray. This will help you enjoy praying everyday.
Nancy Bandusky
Jan 23, 2015 Nancy Bandusky rated it it was ok
While I found the book beneficial in getting serious about having prayer time, I found it glossed over the difficulty of hitting the times in one's life when during prayers one doesn't feel connected to God or the discouragement of getting the "wait" answer.

The author was relate-able when discussing the need to make time for praying but since her examples all involved having her prayers answered the way she wanted or better, it lacked encouragement during the "silent" times or the "no" answers.
Joanna
Jan 01, 2009 Joanna rated it it was amazing
A great guide - and the prayerbook, when I'm disciplined - is an amazing tool. The prayerbook not only helps me focus during my prayer time, but allows me to look back at all the prayers - large and small - that have been answered.
Pam
Dec 29, 2008 Pam rated it it was amazing
The book title isn't exaggerating! It had a profound impact on my prayer life and the prayer journal that is available through her web site is fabulous. I am on my 3rd one.
Kelly
Aug 29, 2008 Kelly rated it really liked it
Her testimony is really powerful and convicting.
Susan Hillard
Oct 06, 2015 Susan Hillard rated it it was amazing
Excellent book and awesome bible study! I gave this five stars because it did literally CHANGE my life! I now get up every morning and write out my prayers using the P.A.R.T system and I have never felt closer to God or his plans for my life! It's a quick read and I encourage you to do it!
Julie
Feb 08, 2016 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: prayer
The author gives an overview of what prayer is and isn't, how to become disciplined to pray, writing out your prayers in the prayer notebook, powerful prayer, miracles, the Word, God's timing, etc.

Good overview. Would be great to do together in a small group home study.
Phylicia
Apr 21, 2015 Phylicia rated it it was amazing
Quick, Awesome Read. Just what I needed right on time. Love it.
April
Jan 07, 2014 April rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't a huge fan of this book. I felt that it only told one side of the prayer story (i.e. "It's so easy and great!"), assumed that the author's way is what works for everyone, and occasionally bordered on "prosperity gospel". But it did inspire me to pray a little more boldly for bigger things.
Cynthia
Jan 25, 2014 Cynthia rated it really liked it
This book caused me to look at prayer differently--in a better, more real and positive way.
Marianne Pita
Sep 16, 2012 Marianne Pita rated it it was amazing
So inspiring. I started a prayer journal after reading this book and it has been a tremendous blessing. I am able to keep record of all of my prayers and look back and see the answered prayers over the years. Great faith builder.
Kristen Eaton
Aug 16, 2012 Kristen Eaton rated it it was amazing
Becky Tirabassi most definately shares from the heart here and this book will change your prayer life and then the rest of your life if you let it. It changed mine in the 90's! In fact, I could probably use to read it again today!
Danielle W
Mar 28, 2013 Danielle W rated it really liked it
We, as modern Christians, have absolutely forgotten the power of prayer.
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Mary L. Strife
Mary L. Strife marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Doug
Doug marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Sydney Drinkwater
Sydney Drinkwater is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2016
Catherine Scharf
Catherine Scharf marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Dalene Maier
Dalene Maier marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Donna M Prada-Reid
Donna M Prada-Reid rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Heidi
Heidi rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Susan Smith
Susan Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Vilda Mundle-Staff
Vilda Mundle-Staff marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Serena
Serena rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
  • Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living
  • Heaven: Your Real Home
  • A Place of Quiet Rest: Finding Intimacy With God Through a Daily Devotional Life
  • Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
  • Be Angry But Don't Blow It: Maintaining Your Passion Without Losing Your Cool
  • PrayerWalk: Becoming a Woman of Prayer, Strength, and Discipline
  • Hope for the Troubled Heart: Finding God in the Midst of Pain
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • No Other Gods - Confronting Our Modern Day Idols | Member Book
  • I Saw the Lord: A Wake-Up Call for Your Heart
  • Living Sacrifice: Willing to Be Whittled as an Arrow
  • The Name
  • Becoming a Woman of Faith
  • Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus
  • Secrets to Exceptional Living: Transforming Your Life Through the Fruit of the Spirit
  • Spiritual Mothering
  • Possessing the Gates of the Enemy: An Intercessionary Prayer Manual
  • Equipping 101
Becky Tirabassi has been sharing her story at conferences, churches, and colleges since 1976. She is the author of Let Prayer Change Your Life, and co-author of Seriously Dating or Engaged PreMarital Workbook, Little Changes Big Results for Crazy Busy Couples with her husband, Dr. Roger Tirabassi. She has been a guest contributor on CBS's "The Early Show," the host of the "Change Your Life Daily R ...more
More about Becky Tirabassi...

“Prayer illuminates the difference between knowing God’s will and guessing at it.” 0 likes
“Time with God was meant to change my life, to bring resolve and results and revival.” 0 likes