Start by marking “And Another Thing (World According To Clarkson, #2)” as Want to Read:
And Another Thing (World According To Clarkson, #2)

And Another Thing (The World According to Clarkson #2)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  2,181 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
In And Another Thing. . . the outspoken and outrageous presenter Jeremy Clarkson shares his opinions on just about everything. Jeremy Clarkson finds the world such a perplexing place that he wrote a bestselling book about it. Yet, despite the appearance of The World According to Clarkson, things—amazingly—haven't improved. Not being someone to give up easily, however, he's ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Penguin UK (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about And Another Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Another Thing

Jim
Nov 27, 2010 Jim rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I vaguely remember some of these rants from the Sunday Times columns, but what is more surprising is the amount I can’t remember at all. Two or three at a time is all I can take to be honest, and if anything Clarkson is getting worse as he gets older. Are there any redeeming features out there in the wide world? Not for him. The whole place is being shagged by environmentalists, Johnny Foreigner, Uncle Sam and Piers Morgan. It’s all a man can do to sit for ten minutes on the bog for some peace. ...more
Neri.
Dec 30, 2015 Neri. rated it liked it
I've read this one after I've read the first one and it left me with aching sides because of laughing and thinking how true most of the stuff is. It is also another book for men as it is explained in a way that mostly dudes find interesting and relatable.
Faye
Jun 05, 2017 Faye rated it liked it
Read: September 2015

This book wasn't quite as good as the first. Clarkson's articles are more 'doom and gloom' than light-hearted this time around. Still, it was a good and fairly entertaining read and I would recommend it for any fans of Jeremy Clarkson.

Some of my favourite articles included:

- I'm a nobody, my jet-set credit card tells me so
- My son thinks I'm gay, and it can only get worse
- Put Piers on a plinth, he deserves immortality
- We really have to draw a line under tattoos
- Bullies wer
Louise Armstrong
Feb 15, 2012 Louise Armstrong rated it really liked it
Lots of fun and some good ideas to think about. JC has no fear when it comes to tackling the sillier, double-thinking ideas that some people have about the world. What would you rather have? he enquires bluntly, teeth or a nice view? Let's be honest, we'd all say teeth. It's always other people who spoil the view or create problems! It's never us wanting teeth, or using our heating, is it? I love the way he's not afraid to point out these inconvenient facts.

He's also much more sensible about fre
Patrick Neylan
Dec 25, 2012 Patrick Neylan rated it liked it
Recommended to Patrick by: Tony Neylan
Clarkson likes to play the oaf, usually for humorous purposes. He's a lot smarter than that, but his irritation with environmentalists (who despise him as much as he despises them) and officialdom is real enough. In print, he's prepared to argue his point rather than make the funny-but-shallow jibes that characterise his style on Top Gear, his image as an exasperated simple man who just wants to live his life comes across rather well because he does his research (or relies on personal experience ...more
Leosya
Jan 22, 2016 Leosya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book 1CAnd Another Thing 1D was written by Jeremy Clarkson who as well as being a writer he is also a co-presenter of a car show called Top Gear and is the tallest person on British Television. I have read some of his books and I chose to read this one because I knew that Jeremy writes his comments on real life events. he always writes them in a humourous way and that is why I enjoy reading his books. This book was based off of his articles in newspapers.

I learned many things from this book
Julia
Jan 27, 2013 Julia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I honestly think Jeremy Clarkson is hilarious. On Top Gear and other various British shows I've seen him on, I've been rolling on the floor laughing at his quick wit and plays on words. Unfortunately, this book was absolutely not up to the expectations I had for something written by such a funny man. In the three days it took me to read this I didn't crack a single smile at any of his jokes and, even worse, I often found myself completely disagreeing with that he was trying to sell to me as good ...more
Brian
Mar 04, 2012 Brian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, reviewed
A collection of his weekly columns in the UK's 'Sunday times' newspaper dating between January 2004 and December 2005, Jeremy passes his own unique judegement on a wide variety of topics.

If you're not a fan of his irreverant 'take-no-prisoners, call-it-as-he-sees-it' attitude and writing style, then there are plenty of other books out there that might suit you better... on quilting perhaps? Or even flower-arranging...

However, if you too find yourself continually frustrated by the boneheaded deci
Mark Farley
Jun 29, 2013 Mark Farley rated it it was amazing
There's something about Jeremy Clarkson that I can't quite put my finger on. Everything should suggest that I should hate him and not even want to pick up one of his books or watch one of his shows. But yet I do. His brand of tired misogyny and out of touch dad stupidity and his obsession with gas guzzling cars is everything that I hate. Yet I'm still drawn to him. Even some of his opinions I don't agree with. Yet I'm transfixed by his books, I laugh my balls off and sometimes even find myself a ...more
Barbra
Feb 04, 2011 Barbra rated it liked it
Although I do find the man quite arrogant I do like his sense of humour and found some of this book quite funny.

Back Cover Blurb:
In And Another Thing the king of the exasperated quip discovers that:

* bombing North Carolina is bad for Yorkshire
* we can look forward to exploding at the age of 62
* Russians look bad in Speedos. But not as bad as we do
* wasps are the highest form of life

Funny and in your face, Jeremy Clarkson bursts the pointless little bubbles of the idiots while celebrating the spe
Mike
Oct 26, 2012 Mike rated it it was amazing
Shelves: commentary
While decidedly British in nature,Jezzo has a multi-cultural world view of the human condition and that condition is pathetic. What books still make you laugh out loud? This one. It is outrageous, politically incorrect, ballsy and spot on. Be forewarned, do not attempt to read this book in a public library. Your snickering and guffaws will get you booted. Mr. Clarkson, after your years of pointing out our idiocy in newspaper columns, TV shows and books, is there no end to your well of sarcasm? I ...more
Rebekah
Jun 07, 2011 Rebekah rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
If you hate Jeremy Clarkson then this book isn't going to change anything. (How can anyone hate him?) If you are one of the better people who can actually stand him, then continue and read it.
Some of these are very funny. I did find myself laughing out loud a couple of times. But others just feel like a middle aged man ranting about the world and how things ain't as good today as it was 'back it the day'. But saying that, he is a middle aged man so what do you expected.
Therefor only 3 stars. 3.5
Gus
Jan 28, 2016 Gus rated it it was ok
This is a compilation of Clarkson weekly colomn in the Sunday Times. These stories are

generally his views on current events. At times they are quite funny laugh out loud at

other times his views are very bigoted. They are also very English and for an Aussie

reader you don’t know to whom he is referring and so the joke is lost. Only read half as it

is very segmented, hope to pick it up again and finish it off. I think it would be excellent

toilet reading!
Tristan Ropa
The world is a very bizarre place according to Jeremy Clarkson. This book includes things like why the black American Express card is worthless and a wast of time.Jeremy Clarkson tries to understand teenagers, Americans and the world in its self. With many jokes about the Americans and the french I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the show Top gear or just wants to read a hilarious book From the viewpoint of a middle aged British man.
Nicole (PhotographsMakeMemories)
I love Jeremy Clarkson's books; they're funny, insightful and 9/10 years later, still relevant to the world today. Sure, you won't agree on everything he says, but their his opinions and he's not afraid to say them and for that, he should get credit.

This is the second book of his that I've read, and I can promise you that I will be finishing the series and reading some of his other books as well.
Amanda
Dec 26, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I started this a bit ago and put it down and then picked it up again. I'm not sure why I set it down the first time it is hysterical. But I suppose you have to be somewhat familiar with Jeremy Clarkson, ie: Top Gear host for it to really be awesome. While he rags on Americans almost as frequently as environmentalists as long as I hear his voice in my head I am laughing out loud and getting strange looks when I read in waiting rooms.
Gary
Jan 02, 2012 Gary rated it really liked it
Clarkson is heaps of fun; refreshingly non-pc! Crude at times, yes. Offensive even, yes. But boy he knows how to hit the mark with his satire. Humour is the perfect pin to burst the bubbles of wacky environmentalists, puffed-up politicians, smile-less bureaucrats, and all others who suck lemons for breakfast before heading into the world wearing underwear that's three sizes too small.

Loved it.
Kifflie
Feb 21, 2015 Kifflie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-nonfiction
Jeremy's second collection of columns, from 2005.

I don't always agree with him on things, but he does have a way of making me take a hard look at what I really do believe, and I have enough of a libertarian streak in me that I can relate to quite a bit of what he writes about.

He's more than a bit of a curmudgeon at this point, and I'll be curious, as I keep reading this series, to see if and how he mellows over the years.
Bhavya
Oct 20, 2015 Bhavya rated it did not like it
So this book. It wasn't meant for me. In fact, it was meant only for a 40-something British living in Britain in 2004-05.
Sure, it had its quarks. And sure, there were parts that were pretty funny (hence the rating), but apart from that, I couldn't find any redeeming quality in this book when read by an Indian teenager in 2015.
Chris
Aug 04, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
As his first book really. More of the same and I laughed from start to finish. I should add these are all taken from Clarkson's page that he writes for one of the Sunday papers - I forget which one so his subjects were always topical for the date they were written. As good as the first - perhaps better in fact.
Nigel Street
Never short of an opinion and seldom shy of seeking to shock or insult someone, preferably both it is an easy read with some laugh out loud moments! An assuming distraction which is occasionally offensive and invariably smug would wear thin in time unless you're the loyalist of disciples which I am not.
Jenn
Jun 18, 2011 Jenn rated it really liked it
Jeremy Clarkson's second collection of essays from his column is as brilliant as his first. While I disagree with him half the time, I always think he's amusing and well-written! Whether he's taking on patio heaters, charity auctions, or, his favorite, environmentalists, he'll have you laughing AND thinking. Love it.
Gary Braham
Jul 09, 2012 Gary Braham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I just got into Top Gear a few years ago. And I'm not a car person, and I've never been to Europe so a lot of the cultural/political references went over my head. But the book was still very entertaining and enlightening. I find myself agreeing with Mr. Clarkson on a lot of his views. And even when I didn't, it was still a very good read.
Sofia
Apr 14, 2011 Sofia rated it really liked it
Funny, but not as good as the first one. Clarkson is bitter and much more whiny in this book. I really hope that this is not a trend and this great writer and tv personality will not become increasingly worse as he ages. It was very difficult to read and took me much longer than my usual two weeks to finish.
Whisper19
Dec 01, 2010 Whisper19 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
i simply love Jeremy Clarkson

i love tattoos, but this made me laugh my head off
"The only good thing is that when the subject dies, the tattoo dies too. Except in Japan, of course, where you can buy dead tattooed people to turn into furniture.
"Interesting idea: yakuza scatter cushions."
Alan Pursell
Jan 23, 2008 Alan Pursell rated it it was amazing
while he can be the grumpy middle-aged middle of the road conservative guy, I find myself identifying and enjoying it. Mostly because it's conservative in the way you'd quite like it to be and not the creepy Anne Coulter Fascism pretending to be compassionate way. It's also really funny.
Lucy Werner
Jul 27, 2011 Lucy Werner rated it liked it
In my view the perfect book to have around in the toilet! short articles that make you smile and chuckle, take you away from the stressful day for the moment. Just wish i'd had read them when they were in the paper...would of done the same trick but out on the move!

Well done Jezza!
Aaron
Jul 27, 2010 Aaron rated it liked it
Just a collection of Clarksons news paper editorials. Mildly amusing, but somewhat old. He has an amusing way with words that sometimes cause unsuitable patches of laughter while reading in various places. Aircraft for one.
Gillian
Sep 13, 2011 Gillian rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, funny
Clarkson is one of my heroes and who on earth knows why. He is a chauvinist right-winger ... and just sooo funny.
All his columns are witty and to the non petrol-head even his columns on cars are entertaining.
Dawn Bates
Aug 11, 2008 Dawn Bates rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: absolutely everyone!
laugh out loud stuff this! had me laughing my head off on the tram, in the park, in the cafe and anywhere else that i could get to read it!! could not put it down. the guy is hilarious! great for anytime and anyone! even read it walking along the road! just could not put it down! :)
  • Notes from the Hard Shoulder
  • Or Is That Just Me?
  • 'Rommel?' 'Gunner Who?': A Confrontation in the Desert
  • Twitter Wit: Brilliance in 140 Characters or Less
  • Advanced Banter: The QI Book of Quotations
  • Don't Be That Guy: A Collection of 60 Annoying Guys We All Know and Wish We Didn't
  • Bearded Tit
  • Undersea Prison (Stratton, #4)
  • The Man in the White Suit: The Stig, Le Mans, the Fast Lane and Me
  • Last Night Another Soldier
  • Screen Burn
  • The Gospel According to Chris Moyles: The Story of a Man and His Mouth
  • This United State (Tweed & Co. #16)
  • And on that Bombshell: Inside the Madness and Genius of Top Gear
  • Niubi!: The Real Chinese You Were Never Taught in School
  • In the Valley of the Kings: Howard Carter and the Mystery of King Tutankhamun's Tomb
  • A Brave Vessel: The True Tale of the Castaways Who Rescued Jamestown and Inspired Shakespeare's The Tempest
Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson (born April 11, 1960) is an English broadcaster and writer who specialises in motoring.

He writes weekly columns for The Sunday Times and The Sun, but is better known for his role on the BBC television programme Top Gear.

From a career as a local journalist in the north of England, he rose to public prominence as a presenter of the original format of Top Gear in 1988.
More about Jeremy Clarkson...

The World According to Clarkson (6 books)
  • The World According to Clarkson (World According to Clarkson, #1)
  • For Crying Out Loud! (World According to Clarkson, #3)
  • How Hard Can It Be? (World According to Clarkson, #4)
  • Is It Really Too Much To Ask? (World According to Clarkson, #5)
  • As I Was Saying . . .: The World According to Clarkson Volume 6

“Lego, however, is always opened and then left lying around so adults have something to tread on when they are prowling around around the house at two in the morning, in bare feet, looking for the source of a noise.” 6 likes
“and although the W came along in the tenth century, modern Germans still seem to manage perfectly well by using a V instead. Except when the German managing director of Aston Martin tries to say ‘vanquish’.” 3 likes