Start by marking “Mending Places (New Heights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mending Places (New Heights, #1)

Mending Places (New Heights #1)

Sure, it's romantic, up amidst the snow-capped peaks of Wyoming's Grand Teton Mountains, but Hanna Alexander has only one thing on her mind: trying to save the family lodge. That is, until she hires mountain guide Micah Gallagher to help raise revenues…

When mountain guide Micah Gallagher is hired by the spirited Hanna Alexander to help raise revenues for her failing family
Published June 15th 2010 by Howard Books (first published February 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Mending Places, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mending Places

Holly
Ashley
Nov 20, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a touching story! This book was filled with Love, struggles, fear, forgivness and healing through Christ.
And the healing of TRUE forgivness keeping no record of past sins.

He heals the brokenhearted.
And binds up their wounds.
-Psalm 147:3
Elke Eelbode
Sep 30, 2014 Elke Eelbode rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit is de tweede reeks die ik lees van Denise Hunter en ook hier zet ze weer levensechte personages meer.
Ook de verhaallijn is best OK, het lijkt wel sterk op het boek "het einde van de rivier" van Nora Roberts.
Een goede vakantieroman die vlot leest.
Jessie
Mar 19, 2010 Jessie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, inspiration
I liked this book. Hanna and Micah's story of forgiveness kept me turning pages. The plot was a somewhat transparent, but it did take one turn I wasn't expecting. It made me think about forgiving unthinkable things and the power of God to make things new. However, I found the side story of her sister Nat to be distracting. I know she was setting up the next book, but I think she could have set up that story without switching to Nat's POV. This pulled me out of Hanna's story, and I found myself i ...more
Lizpeveto
Christian author. Hanna in an inn keeper with problmes, 1) she needs a loan to keep the business open; 2) her grandmother is experiencing the first stages of Alzheimers; 3) her sister's husband is cheating and needs Hanna's support; and lastly she has suppressed a haunting and painful night when she was attacked. Enter a new employee, Micah, who can offer his climbing skills to guests. Formerly a man with a past, he is now living for Christ; but the two of them struggle to accept their attractio ...more
Keshia
May 31, 2013 Keshia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book a lot. Hanna was such a well-written character. I loved how this book dealt with forgiveness. Even as a Christian, that is at times one of the most difficult things; to forgive a wrong that had such an impact on your life. For the book to bring to light forgiveness in such a terrible situation shows readers about God and His love. That changes are possible even in our flawed human lives.
Fran Calloway
Oct 31, 2015 Fran Calloway rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up at Good WIll basically because the story was set in Wyoming. I didn't realize that it was a Christian romance novel; actually did not even know they existed. This book was quite good and I had a hard time putting it down. It is fairly predictable as most romance novels go, but there is a surprise ending that I did not see coming. Moral of the story; if God can forgive us, we should learn to forgive ourselves.
Irene Clark
Oct 29, 2010 Irene Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An absolute page turner, yet being Danish of birth and culture, though full of love for God and prayer, I almost felt I intruded Hanna's simple yet beautiful childlike connection with heavenly Father now and then. Perhaps the total amount of feelings conveyed was not quite nessecary to get the whole of it. But I love the story, the spirituality, the nature, and the hope in an undeniable love that gave way for absolution.
Trine
May 05, 2010 Trine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book on forgiveness and how to get on with your life, when life gets tough. Even though it tackles some tough issues I found it a nice and relaxing story. It was nice to see how their faith in God helped the characters through their difficulties. The difficulties weren't miraculously removed, they still had to go through some heartbreaking things but when they sought God he gave them the strength to get through.
Jennifer Fluegge
Apr 25, 2009 Jennifer Fluegge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. I did feel that she stretched the believability factor a little bit..SPOILER ALERT....by having her victim fall in love with the perpetrator of the crime (though unbeknownst to them both until almost the end of the book) and then have them come to a place of forgiveness where they could still wind up together. But overall, a very-well written book that I enjoyed.
Elizabeth Ray
I enjoyed this book until the surprise twist near the end (which I could already see coming). Seriously??? I could see forgiveness in this situation for sure, but nothing beyond that. Hannah needs to see a psychiatrist. this was just way too coincidental and way too unrealistic. I found out the whole series is like this.
Laurie
So, I read the first chapter (I have the series sitting on my dresser) and I checked the reviews.... and though it has high stars, it also talks about rape/and raper relationship and how it was unrealistic how they just forgave and stayed together.... and I'm not sure if I'm willing to give my time to this series right now based on such a crude storyline.
Janna
Feb 03, 2014 Janna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Accidentally read #2 before #1 in this series. Liked #2 a lot better. This one seemed predictable though I give lots of credit to the tough topics of guilt, bitterness, & forgiveness. Would love to live in a lodge in Wyoming like they did for sure!
Jana
Jul 09, 2013 Jana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book in several months that I've really loved! Great characters and a terrific love story with a surprising and unexpected twist. First in Denise Hunters' New Heights series. Looking forward to reading the sequels
Carman
Feb 11, 2016 Carman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was good! I really like Hunter's books, and this one came with some unexpected twists and turns. I love how she wove the story so that the character's pasts would help them heal with each other. Good read.
Chesney
Wow. Just wow. Didn't see any of this coming. A lot healing and forgiveness for Micah and Hanna. 3.5 stars.
Susan
Jun 23, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing
What a sweethearted read. I loved this book and each one in the series. I loved getting to know these sisters and their tender stories of healing. These books sit on my bookshelves still today.
Victoria
Feb 26, 2016 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hunter
If I could give this book more than 5 stars I would! NO WAY did I see that twist in the plot coming! An awesome story of forgiveness!!!
Kristina
I really liked this book, I found it really easy to get into and it was fantastically written. Another great book by Denise Hunter!
Mar 09, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought the story was griping and the book moved very quickly. I engaged with the characters immediately and look forward to the next installment.
Terri Swier
Jan 02, 2014 Terri Swier rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
boring. didn't finish
Stefanie
3.5 stars. It wrapped up a little too quickly and a little too neatly.
Bethanie Langley
Jan 04, 2013 Bethanie Langley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mending Places was a very inspirational book. It was heartfelt and had a few surprises in it. I really enjoyed it.
Jamie
Nov 10, 2008 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great faith based series
Stephanie
Aug 22, 2010 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very thought provoking
Virginia
Way too preachy and unbelievable, good characters but weak story.
Debbie Wishnow
May 19, 2014 Debbie Wishnow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Predictable, but easy read. Twist of forgiveness was far fetched and seemed rushed...even for fiction. They should both need counseling.
Elaine
THe New Heights Series #1

Kathy Anthony
Oct 02, 2012 Kathy Anthony rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hunter-denise
It was o.k, but not one of my favorites by Hunter
Dana Kennedy
Aug 06, 2009 Dana Kennedy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
fabulous book
keep reading books from this author
  • Restless in Carolina (Southern Discomfort #3)
  • Match Point (Lauren Holbrook, #3)
  • Blue Heart Blessed
  • My Foolish Heart (Deep Haven, #4)
  • The Perfect Arrangement: An October Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #11)
  • Off the Record
  • Love Starts with Elle
  • Smitten (Smitten, #1)
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • Norah's Ark
  • Not By Chance (A Seaport Suspense Novel, #4)
  • Echoes (The Michelli Family Series #3)
Denise Hunter is the award-winning author of 30 novels, including The Convenient Groom and A December Bride, which have been made into Hallmark movies.

Denise writes heartwarming, small-town romances. Her readers enjoy the vicarious thrill of falling in love and the promise of a happily-ever-after sigh as they savor the final pages of her books.

Denise lives in Indiana with her husband Kevin and th
More about Denise Hunter...

New Heights (3 books)
  • Saving Grace (New Heights Series, #2)
  • Finding Faith (New Heights Series, #3)