Start by marking “Mending Places (New Heights Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mending Places (New Heights Series, #1)

Mending Places (New Heights #1)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  325 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Sure, it's romantic, up amidst the snow-capped peaks of Wyoming's Grand Teton Mountains, but Hanna Alexander has only one thing on her mind: trying to save the family lodge. That is, until she hires mountain guide Micah Gallagher to help raise revenues…

When mountain guide Micah Gallagher is hired by the spirited Hanna Alexander to help raise revenues for her failing family
Published June 15th 2010 by Howard Books (first published February 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Mending Places, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mending Places

Holly
What to say, what to say. Let's get Real here people. This story line was to far fetched. The main character gets raped, then falls in love with the man who raped her years later. She doesnt realize however this is the man who has raped her. He doesnt know she was the one he raped either. I mean come on. Then even AFTER they find out who each other is, they still stay together. It was a good book up until the point of. Hey it was me who raped you, still wanna get married???
Epic Fail for this bo
Janna
Accidentally read #2 before #1 in this series. Liked #2 a lot better. This one seemed predictable though I give lots of credit to the tough topics of guilt, bitterness, & forgiveness. Would love to live in a lodge in Wyoming like they did for sure!
Yvonne
I would give three stars for the first half of the book. Then the shocking twist and the handling of raw emotion to the end, bumped this up to four stars for me. I'd like to read book two now.
Debbie Wishnow
Predictable, but easy read. Twist of forgiveness was far fetched and seemed rushed...even for fiction. They should both need counseling.
Jessie
I liked this book. Hanna and Micah's story of forgiveness kept me turning pages. The plot was a somewhat transparent, but it did take one turn I wasn't expecting. It made me think about forgiving unthinkable things and the power of God to make things new. However, I found the side story of her sister Nat to be distracting. I know she was setting up the next book, but I think she could have set up that story without switching to Nat's POV. This pulled me out of Hanna's story, and I found myself i ...more
Lizpeveto
Christian author. Hanna in an inn keeper with problmes, 1) she needs a loan to keep the business open; 2) her grandmother is experiencing the first stages of Alzheimers; 3) her sister's husband is cheating and needs Hanna's support; and lastly she has suppressed a haunting and painful night when she was attacked. Enter a new employee, Micah, who can offer his climbing skills to guests. Formerly a man with a past, he is now living for Christ; but the two of them struggle to accept their attractio ...more
Trine
A great book on forgiveness and how to get on with your life, when life gets tough. Even though it tackles some tough issues I found it a nice and relaxing story. It was nice to see how their faith in God helped the characters through their difficulties. The difficulties weren't miraculously removed, they still had to go through some heartbreaking things but when they sought God he gave them the strength to get through.
Irene Clark
An absolute page turner, yet being Danish of birth and culture, though full of love for God and prayer, I almost felt I intruded Hanna's simple yet beautiful childlike connection with heavenly Father now and then. Perhaps the total amount of feelings conveyed was not quite nessecary to get the whole of it. But I love the story, the spirituality, the nature, and the hope in an undeniable love that gave way for absolution.
Keshia Berrong
I liked this book a lot. Hanna was such a well-written character. I loved how this book dealt with forgiveness. Even as a Christian, that is at times one of the most difficult things; to forgive a wrong that had such an impact on your life. For the book to bring to light forgiveness in such a terrible situation shows readers about God and His love. That changes are possible even in our flawed human lives.
Jennifer Fluegge
This was a great book. I did feel that she stretched the believability factor a little bit..SPOILER ALERT....by having her victim fall in love with the perpetrator of the crime (though unbeknownst to them both until almost the end of the book) and then have them come to a place of forgiveness where they could still wind up together. But overall, a very-well written book that I enjoyed.
Elizabeth Ray
I enjoyed this book until the surprise twist near the end (which I could already see coming). Seriously??? I could see forgiveness in this situation for sure, but nothing beyond that. Hannah needs to see a psychiatrist. this was just way too coincidental and way too unrealistic. I found out the whole series is like this.
Ashley
What a touching story! This book was filled with Love, struggles, fear, forgivness and healing through Christ.
And the healing of TRUE forgivness keeping no record of past sins.

He heals the brokenhearted.
And binds up their wounds.
-Psalm 147:3
Jana
First book in several months that I've really loved! Great characters and a terrific love story with a surprising and unexpected twist. First in Denise Hunters' New Heights series. Looking forward to reading the sequels
Susan
What a sweethearted read. I loved this book and each one in the series. I loved getting to know these sisters and their tender stories of healing. These books sit on my bookshelves still today.
I thought the story was griping and the book moved very quickly. I engaged with the characters immediately and look forward to the next installment.
Kristina
I really liked this book, I found it really easy to get into and it was fantastically written. Another great book by Denise Hunter!
Bethanie Langley
Mending Places was a very inspirational book. It was heartfelt and had a few surprises in it. I really enjoyed it.
Tonya
Fabulous book. Could not put the book down, stayed up until 1am to finish the book. Excellent story.
Virginia
Way too preachy and unbelievable, good characters but weak story.
Julie Davidson
Great book. Looking for the next one in this series.
Dana Kennedy
fabulous book
keep reading books from this author
Maigh
A read-in-a-day book about a hard to grasp situation.
Elaine
THe New Heights Series #1

Kathy Anthony
It was o.k, but not one of my favorites by Hunter
Jamie
Great faith based series
Stephanie
very thought provoking
Jewels
good, clean fun read
Renee Sprague
Renee Sprague marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
  • Restless in Carolina (Southern Discomfort #3)
  • Match Point (Lauren Holbrook, #3)
  • Blue Heart Blessed
  • Secretly Smitten (Smitten #2)
  • Controlling Interest
  • Tying the Knot (Deep Haven, #2)
  • Single Sashimi
  • Dreaming in Black & White
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • Too Good To Be True
  • Love Starts with Elle
  • Moon Over Tokyo
Denise Hunter is the award-winning author of 20 novels, including The Accidental Bride and Convenient Groom.

Denise lives in Indiana with her husband Kevin and their three sons. In 1996, Denise began her first book, a Christian romance novel, writing while her children napped. Two years later it was published, and she's been writing ever since. Her books often contain a strong romantic element, an
More about Denise Hunter...
The Convenient Groom (Nantucket, #2) Surrender Bay (Nantucket, #1) The Accidental Bride (A Big Sky Romance #2) A Cowboy's Touch (A Big Sky Romance #1) The Seaside Letters (Nantucket, #3)