Start by marking “Detox for Women: An All New Approach for a Sleek Body and Radiant Health in 4 Weeks” as Want to Read:

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  179 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
“Finally a diet-lifestyle that links the secret of real beauty with naturally delicious foods!”
—Frédéric Fekkai

Natalia Rose, a leading nutritionist and authority on cleansing diets, reveals a gentle and uniquely effective 28-day detox plan designed specifically for adult women. Detox 4 Women offers a revolutionary, foolproof, four-week transformation plan that allows women
Published April 21st 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published April 7th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Detox for Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Detox for Women

viola
Aug 14, 2013 viola rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I walked into this book completely ready to devour whatever she was going to throw at me. I am a relatively new and avid juicer with a strong appreciation for the whole detox idea. The book was recommended by someone I deeply respect and admire. Even after reading reviews that indicated I'd be disappointed with the lack of citations, I thought, "Who cares? I like what she's saying and I will happily eat it up, citation free."

And then I started the book. Plant-centric, raw, food, YES, absolutely.
Kathryn
Jun 30, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am 5 days into this plan. I love this lifestyle right now.

I read the Raw Food Detox Diet first, then this book. I am used to a strict diet because I just a came off of a bodybuilding contest prep plan.

My biggest concern is how my body holds up without my Whey Protein now. Rose states that we should get adequate protein from the nutrition plan. As far as energy, I have plenty to accomplish my morning cardio and evening weights.

I am not calculating my calories or macros anymore, which is why I
Pixel Word
Liked: It was a decent book that makes sense. Nothing too fancy, but I'm sure that was the point.

Disliked: She says "raw goat cheese" too many times than I can bear. Not that I have something against "raw goat cheese", I'm sure some people live on "raw goat cheese". However, it kinda gets on my nerves when I read "raw goat cheese" on every other page. We get it, YOU LOVE RAW GOAT CHEESE!
Mel
This diet is similar to the Fit for Life approach to diet/eating: only fruit, fruit juices, veggie drink, water or green tea until 12 noon, and then well combined meals for lunch and dinner. well combined meaning basically no starches and proteins (flesh) eaten together. I am usually starving by noon, so I may need to add v8 to my mornings! The only thing I don't agree with is she says no soy. WTF? Screw that! So far I feel a little bit better(week 1) - I added 16 oz of decaf coffee to my mornin ...more
Amanda
Jun 02, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read Natalia's other books and this one is my favorite by far. Now if I can only work up the energy to go to the store and buy the sh**tload of produce required to do the plan...
Courtney
Sep 02, 2012 Courtney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i was recommended this book by a friend as a treatment for my chronic IBS. she thought maybe it's a yeast problem in my guts. i am so frustrated with my digestive tract at this point that i thought a clean start might be a good idea. i was disappointed to see that this book reads more like a weight loss panacea - it will eliminate cellulite, give you radiant glowing skin, shed pounds, and so on - when i'm really more interested in taking care of my body than worrying about how inadequate it look ...more
Jana Lynn
Natalia's voice is genuine and caring, somewhat like talking to a friend. The information is very similar to some other health and wellness titles available, but it lacks the same scientific explanations/references. What differentiates this book from those is Natalia's voice, its so much friendlier! I would suggest this, or her other titles, in conjunction with one or more of the more scientific books available.
Ruth
Dec 19, 2015 Ruth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Here is a horrible scam of a book to get you to buy a Breville Juicer and also make you think the most revolting imaginable salad is your ticket to being a size zero stick figure like the author. Do you know what kind of salad Natalia Rose thinks is delicious and wants you to have for lunch? I will tell you.
romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cinnamon, ground gloves, garlic, fresh oregano, thyme, lemon juice, stevia, olives, salt and pepper.

I wrote in all caps in crayon DISGUSTING under this recip
Marie Rose
Apr 11, 2013 Marie Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really a fan of 'diets' or diet books, but this one is pretty reasonable. Having a lot of food sensitivities already, it's not that big of a change for me. I imagine it'd be a tougher transition if I were coming from a McDonalds lifestyle or something similar though. When I follow this plan, I feel awesome, without fail. (With the exception of a couple/few days in the beginning while adjusting). I'd say as a detox, I think it's really, really good. It's tough, but doable. And sustainable ...more
Bonnie
Mar 04, 2014 Bonnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a bit too extreme for me, but I definitely found myself learning and holding on to ideas. If I hadn't already gone "clean" and "real," it would be way too much. But I'm glad I read it and would recommend it as an option for those who are interested. More info and education certainly can't hurt.
Chary
Jul 12, 2010 Chary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jana Kaplan
Dec 27, 2015 Jana Kaplan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
part fact, part fiction. stevia and raw goat cheese in the amounts the author suggests cannot be healthy. some of the advice is interesting, but i wouldn't go whole hog with this plan.
Erin
Jun 06, 2009 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
Really interesting (although it seems pretty radical) plan and I think I will try something very similar for a month after I get back from the beach (and then we'll see how it goes after that!) She basically eats vegan, and uses the "food as medicine" theory of eating...what we eat should heal us. She doesn't have strictly vegan recipes (she includes fish and occasionally good quality beef and chicken) but she puts together a comprehensive and extremely high plant-based diet to cleanse the syste ...more
Jen
Apr 23, 2010 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although the book is based on good-ol' common sense, I like the ideas enough to go out and buy a juicer. I'm looking for ways to find more friendly VEGETABLES beyond my favorites. I'll let you all know after 30 days if following the directions Natalia Rose lays out gives me a High Pro Glow. I'm all for learning new ways to tantalize my taste buds sans food hangover! Natalia Rose's style is fun and sensible. Anyone for raw veggie "sushi" rolls?
Deb
Jun 17, 2010 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although not quite ready to take the full-on plunge to the4-week detox the book lays out a transition to a more natural, clean and raw foods diet. I like the fact that Rose mixes in cooked and raw foods and the plan is sound and healthy, featuring lots of self-care habits and practices. Plus anytime you can have wine and dark chocolate as treats on a detox plan is good with me. ;-) Will be trying some of the recipes.
Paula
May 30, 2012 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of great advice for women on how to cleanse your body - using raw foods. I love Natalia Rose's simple, down-to-earth advice, especially when the cleanse includes dark chocolate and wine!
Sandy
Apr 13, 2013 Sandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Some good advice although I didn't agree with everything. A good transitioning book to the mostly raw / vegan lifestyle.
Jacqueline
Sep 26, 2011 Jacqueline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health, recipes
Good introduction. Like recipes. Need more scientific research.
Michelle
Aug 09, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Natalia knows her stuff. A must read for women!
Maria
May 07, 2012 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting, but nothing new.
China
China added it
Aug 16, 2016
Amberli
Amberli marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Denise Bulos
Denise Bulos rated it did not like it
Aug 27, 2016
Isabelle
Isabelle rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
From A
From A added it
Jun 13, 2016
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Dr.Nouf
Dr.Nouf marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Andrea Hejtmanek
Andrea Hejtmanek rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
  • Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook: Delicious Recipes That Will Burn Fat and Re-Shape Your Body!
  • Juiceman's Power of Juicing
  • Spiritual Nutrition: Six Foundations for Spiritual Life and the Awakening of Kundalini
  • 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Addiction to Cooked Food
  • The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook: Whole Foods Recipes for Personal and Planetary Health
  • The Beauty Detox Foods: Discover the Top 50 Beauty Foods That Will Transform Your Body and Reveal a More Beautiful You
  • Eating for Beauty
  • The Allergy Solution: Unlock the Surprising, Hidden Truth about Why You Are Sick and How to Get Well
  • The Lüscher Color Test
  • Farmer John's Cookbook: The Real Dirt on Vegetables
  • Living Cuisine: The Art of Spirit of Raw Foods
  • Ani’s 15-Day Fat Blast: The Kick-Ass Raw Food Plan to Get Lighter, Tighter, and Sexier … Super Fast
  • Eat, Drink, and Weigh Less
  • The Eden Diet
  • Eating in the Raw: A Beginner's Guide to Getting Slimmer, Feeling Healthier, and Looking Younger the Raw-Food Way
  • Breathing: The Master Key to Self Healing
  • Eat Beautiful: Grain-free, Sugar-free and Loving It
  • Food & Mood: The Complete Guide to Eating Well and Feeling Your Best

“You will know if you are too acidic if you get sick often, get urinary tract infections, suffer from headaches, and have bad breath and body odor (when you do not use antiperspirant). Acidosis is the medical term for a blood alkalinity of less than 7.35. A normal reading is called homeostasis. It is not considered a disease; although in and of itself it is recognized as an indicator of disease. Your blood feeds your organs and tissues; so if your blood is acidic, your organs will suffer and your body will have to compensate for this imbalance somehow. We need to do all we can to keep our blood alkalinity high. The way to do this is to dramatically increase our intake of alkaline-rich elements like fresh, clean air; fresh, clean water; raw vegetables (particularly their juices); and sunlight, while drastically reducing our intake of and exposure to acid-forming substances: pollution, cigarettes, hard alcohol, white flour, white sugar, red meat, and coffee. By tipping the scales in the direction of alkalinity through alkaline diet and removal of acid waste through cleansing, and acidic body can become an alkaline one.

"Bear in mind that some substances that are alkaline outside the body, like milk, are acidic to the body; meaning that they leave and acid reside in the tissues, just as many substances that are acidic outside the body, like lemons and ripe tomatoes, are alkaline and healing in the body and contribute to the body's critical alkaline reserve.”
15 likes