Start by marking “Weird? (Me, Too!) Let's Be Friends” as Want to Read:
Weird? (Me, Too!) Let's Be Friends

Weird? (Me, Too!) Let's Be Friends

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Poetry that pokes, prods and punches its way right to the heart of friendship. Celebrated performance poet Sara Holbrook shows readers that a good poem is like a good friend, "something to keep close, never lose, or leave behind at a bus stop." This collection of forty-four poems explores the territory of friendship with a hard-edged honesty rare in children's poetry. From ...more
Published April 1st 2011 by WordSong

To ask other readers questions about Weird? (Me, Too!) Let's Be Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weird? (Me, Too!) Let's Be Friends

Mary Lee
Poems about friendship (the good, the bad, and the downright mean) along with writing advice and general advice. This book is kind of all over the place. There are a few gems.
Edward Sullivan
Not all the poems quite fit the theme, but there are some good performance pieces in here along with good writing prompts and tips.
Robin
This wasn't my favorite poetry book from this list but it has it would be useful in school when teaching poetry I imagine.
Donalyn
I enjoy Sara Holbrook's work, but the poems in this book were inconsistent. I enjoyed the poems for two voices best.
Paty
I really struggled with this one. I had to reread poems over and over for them to find some meaning.
Julie O'neill
Julie O'neill marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Kinza
Kinza marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Njtee
Njtee marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Mightyguy
Mightyguy marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Isaac
Isaac marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Jack
Jack marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2012
Aaebischer
Aaebischer marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2012
Ray
Ray added it
Mar 12, 2012
Maria
Maria added it
Nov 29, 2011
More Than Friends: Poems from Him and Her High-Impact Writing Clinics: Classroom-Ready Lessons for Building Content Literacy Through Poetry, Grades 4-8