The E-Myth Contractor

The E-Myth Contractor

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  12 reviews
With The E-Myth Contractor, Michael E. Gerber launches a series of books that apply the E-Myth to specific types of small businesses. The first is aimed at contractors.

This book reveals a radical new mind-set that will free contractors from the tyranny of an unprofitable, unproductive routine. With specific tips on topics as crucial as planning, money and personnel managem...more
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The E-Myth Contractor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The E-Myth Contractor

Mr. Kovach
An interesting and valuable business book, mostly about how to THINK about your BUSINESS rather than work at actually providing its services. The services will be provided by your SYSTEM, not by you directly. Your job is to envision what your business should become, and to employ replicable systems that will provide your customers service, in such a way that will grow your business according to your vision for it.
Robert
Like the E-myth revisited from Michael Gerber this book is a must read for anyone running their own business. The big advantage of this book over the E-myth revisited is that it is more concise.

This books takes the best bits from the E-myth revisited and condenses them into an easy to read, thought provoking way of looking at a business. In essence, most people in small business spend all their time doing the work, rather than building systems that allow other people to do the work for them. As...more
Anthony
Good thought provoking book that I would strongly recommend to start up contractors. Avoid the mistakes I see 90% of the others make.
Anthony Mast
This is a must read for any contractor. Why am I in business for myself? This gives answers to those questions. Simple read in common English, but power packed with great business principles.
MsSmartiePants ...like the candy...
This book is terrific and obviously addressed to contractors. This is the time to study these concepts! The temporary downturn and stagnation in construction and investment is an opportunity to hone skills which will improve the profitability and efficiency in your contracting business.
This is a book which I have given as a gift because I believe in the author's premise strongly!
Barth Siemens
This is a simple overview for running a business from the perspective of how to manage money and people to deliver a product. If a contractor was only prepared to read one book, then this one would be an OK resource. Anyone that has read management and financial books widely may find this book a bit thin.
Michelle (Clover Hill Book Reviews)
E Myth Contractor gave me food for thought. It's a very compact book, but is choc full with insights, guidance and stories on how businesses fail and succeed.

As a virtual assistant this book is invaluable in aiding my business setup.
Chase
I didn't care much for this one. (At one point I was planning on breaking off on my own building foundations). This one really wasnt as helpful as I would have liked compared to the other two E-myths I read.
Philip
a number of years ago books by this author were must reading in business circles. I think his time as past and there are better books out there.
Stephen
Dec 04, 2008 Stephen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody who runs a consulting / contracting business.
If you are running or thinking of running a contracting business of any kind, you MUST read this book!!!
Wayne
I promise I'll give this book another star if it will just show up so I can return it to the library.
Charles Benson
Very good
JB
JB is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2014
Alex Mccommon
Alex Mccommon is currently reading it
Aug 28, 2014
Isabel Casarez
Isabel Casarez marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Joshua Cox
Joshua Cox marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Merrill
Merrill marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Manoyoga
Manoyoga marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Chris
Chris is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2014
Ima Sloth
Ima Sloth marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company Awakening the Entrepreneur Within: How Ordinary People Can Create Extraordinary Companies The E-Myth Revisted/ The E-Myth Mastery The E-Myth Enterprise: How to Turn A Great Idea Into a Thriving Business