Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  7,731 ratings  ·  314 reviews
When Megan Murphy discovered a floppy-eared rabbit gnawing on the hem of her skirt, she meant to give its careless owner a piece of her mind, but Dr. Patrick Hunter was too attractive to stay mad at for long. Soon the two are making Thanksgiving dinner for their families.
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 1988)

Crystal
Sep 07, 2007 Crystal rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: chick lit fans
Shelves: chick-lit
This is a fun, light-weight, easy read. I loved the fact that it was set in Colonial Williamsburg, which is a wonderful place to visit. Since I'd been there, I could envision what was going on in the story with greater clarity than most books I've read. the story itself is nothing exciting or new, and the interaction with the baby, as in any of her books, doesn't seem very realistic. but it's a cute thing to read when you don't want to think too hard and want to have that warm and fuzzy feeling...more
Debbie
Having just met the small town of Williamsburg’s new pediatrician (Dr. Patrick Hunter) with the corky sense of humor, Megan Murphy was stunned that a young girl would assume she was his wife and drop a baby (Timmy) off. Deciding to give the young women a few days to come back, Megan ‘agreed’ to help take care of the child. Patrick was surprised at how quickly he became attached to Megan and Timmy. The more he thought about it, her realized that he was not in the position to take a wife, and chil...more
Alexis
Megan Murphy is a potter living and working in Colonial Williamsburg. A chance encounter puts her in the company of Dr. Patrick Hunter, the town's new pediatrician. Another freak encounter puts the two of them in charge of a baby. (That would be the romantic literary device of "putting the main characters into an improbable situation that forces them to remain in each others' company.")

It pains me to give Janet Evanovich so few stars. I love the Stephanie Plum series. I've re-read them multiple...more
Cheryl Gatling
I had to suspend about a couple tons of disbelief to swallow the premise that an MD who was handed a stray baby would not call social services. I understood that it was necessary for the plot that this man and this woman care for the baby themselves because it will draw them together, but the doctor would at least have filed a report or something. That fact alone made me think this one of the stupidest books I ever read. I was only able to tolerate it by viewing it as an old comic movie, maybe w...more
Jess Michaelangelo

I liked it, in the way that I occasionally like to watch Hallmark movies because they are light and cheesy and they make me smile. This is, by no means, a literary classic, but I was in the mood for something lighter to read. I enjoyed the colonial Williamsburg setting, and I am definitely counting down the days to Thanksgiving now. Megan and Pat had me laughing with their antics, although I will admit that I did start to get frustrated wondering if they were ever going to get together....more
Pam
This is such a cute story. The whole story takes place in Williamsburg,VA. He is a young pediatrician with a curious rabbit. She is a potter/historical greeter who ran away from her hometown to start over. The two of them are as cute as can be when they have to take care of a little baby for awhile. The babies mother just dropped him off and ran away to go figure things out. She said she'd be back, but didn't tell them where she went or when she'd be back. They both fall in love with litte "Timm...more
Angela Lynn Holland
This was a good quick read. It is also the first book I have read by Janet. I really liked how the characters connected and jumped right in to take care of the baby. I loved the pretend family. I was a little frustrated with Pat and that he would not just hurry up and marry Meg. I liked the ending of the book as well.
E
Honestly one of my all time favorite "smut" novels...just absolutely hilarious. I remember I was lying on my side reading it and had to sit up b/c I was laughing so hard. Ms. Evanovich signed my copy at a book signing back in the 90s at Waldenbooks at Mongtomery Mall. That was pretty cool.
Darcy
I really like the Stephanie Plum series so thought I would give this book a try. I thought this one was very hokey and predictiable. Had I not been stuck in my car listening to it on CD, I wouldn't have finished it. It was painful.
Alex
Quick 2 hour read. Like all of her books Thanksgiving was light hearted, fun, and sweet. :)
Annie
Listened to....awful!
Y
Karen
This book is set in historic Williamsburg. Megan Murphy works part-time there and meets Patrick Hunter who recently moved there and is a pediatrican. When they first meet, one of his clients drops her baby off and disappears, leaving them to care for him for two weeks. They fall in love with each other and the baby, their parents get into the middle of match-making, and old boyfriend pops in........

I really didn't care for this book. It's just not my kind of book. I guess because I have limited...more
Cindy
This short lighthearted story is about Megan Murphy, a potter, horse sitter and a weekend aid in Colonial Williamsburg who meets Patrick Hunter a pediatrician who just finished his education and is now starting a practice in town. The two meet when Patrick’s escaped rabbit finds her sitting in a park and begins eating her colonial style dress. The connection they share develops quickly when one of Patrick’s patients, a young mother leaves her son with Patrick and Megan. The three become an insta...more
namericanwordcat
This romance sails right past madcap in manic. It is a ton of fun set in Colonial Williamsburg with a just out of med school Dr, a bunny, a baby, jalopies, and a redheaded potter. Phew.

I read a lo t of Janet Evanovich before the Stephanie Plum series and it is always a pleasure to revisit her category romances.

The sex is there but beyond closed door and towards the end the hero is just kind of a twit. It feels like the book ran out of breath but a good time is had by all.

Angela
I usually like Janet Evanovich's books. They are quick, fun reads, but about mid-way in, this book took a turn for the worst. My feelings for the lead female character in this book turned to disgust when she pretty much wanted to get pregnant to trap the male character. Usually Evanovich's books make you want to cheer the couple on, but this book made me want to scream to the male character to turn and run away as fast as he could. This was not a cute little romance, this was crazy immature obse...more
K
Megan, minding her own business in colonial Williamsburg-currently- meets a rabbit and his owner Pat, the new pediatrician in town.
Suddenly, a young woman runs in drops off her baby, Tim, and rushingly states-please watch him, I will be back in 2 weeks.
Oh what to do-
These two decide to play house-new baby, learning to cook, meeting each other's families
And of course fall in love.
Felt like a harlequin romance to me. The conversations about sex seemed forced-and strange to me.
Was fun to read...more
James Sorensen
What is a rabbit doing running around loose? This is what Megan wonders as she sits down for lunch and finds the wiggly nosed creature nibbling on her skirt. Megan works part time at Colonial Williamsburg and also spins pots foe a living. She soon finds out that the runaway rabbit belongs to the new pediatrician in town, Patrick Hunter. When she shows up to return his bunny the attraction begins.

When Tilly Coogin drops off her son, Timmy, with Doctor Patrick and then disappears the fun really b...more
Elizabeth Noah Astle
This story is set in Colonial Williamsburg. Megan Murphy meets the handsome Dr. Patrick Hunter via his curious rabbit. Quickly Megan and Patrick are thrown together when little Timmy's mom leaves town and intrust them to care for her baby.

As they care for Timmy, Megan and the doctor start to fall in love. In come both their families who have them off and getting married in their heads while Megan and Patrick try to figure out exactly what they feel for each other.

A quick read that gives most re...more
KLMG
I picked this up because I like to read holiday books -- I love holidays, but sometimes I need a little help getting in the mood to do all the decorating and cooking and buying and . . . well, everything else. So this looked good, especially since it's really difficult to find novels with a Thanksgiving theme.

I'd never read a Janet Evanovich book before, and now I don't plan to wade through another one ever again. It was terrible! I can see from the reviews that some of her other books are wort...more
Maria
A very straight up romance. At first I liked it a lot. Ilistened to it in my car and found my self chuckle quite a lot. I have just read quite a few darker paranormal romances so I wanted a fluffy read. But even as I like fluff at times I want my characters to have a real feeling about them. I want to believe in them. These two didn´t quite measure up on my scale.
Megan Muprhy was rather silly and all hooked up about babes and getting married and Patrick Hunter, who was supposed to be a pediatric...more
Cherise
Megan is a woman who has been engaged 3 times. She has moved to Colonial Williamsburg to start over and give up men. Then one day while sitting on a bench a bunny starts eating her skirt. The bunny's owner is the new pediatrician in town, Patrick. Soon they find themselves playing house and hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for both their families.

This is a cute story about two people who think they are not ready for love. Janet adds her usual flair with some zany happenings. There is witty and fun...more
Sandra
Not the most in depth book I've read, but it was a light read to break up the solemn reading that is on my current list at the moment.

Megan Murphy has sworn off men and is happily living a spinster life until a rabbit crosses her path and leads her to the town's peditrician, Pat. She's suddenly thrown into a psuedo-marriage with a baby to care for and finds that she's enjoying it. Then it's all taken away. It's up to her to pick up the pieces and hold on to what she wants most.

In true Evanovich...more
Marcia
Nov 11, 2010 Marcia rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: nope
I always like to find holiday-themed stories this time of year, and because I had not read any of best-selling Evanovitch's books I thought I'd give her a try. Oh my goodness. Did she write this in 7th grade and is releasing it now? So fluffy and ridiculous. The opening chapter has main character Megan, a costumed interpreter at Historic Williamsburg look down and find a bunny has nibbled a hole in her skirt. She looks up and sees his owner, the hunky new town pediatrician. Flirting ensues. What...more
Katie
If I had to sum this book up in one word it would be "random." The plot goes in about a million different directions very quickly which made me feel like I had missed something. They weren't really dual plots. It was just the story taking a very, very unexpected twist with no warning and it made the whole thing seem choppy. I had high hopes for this book since I love the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series, but this one fell well short of that mark.

There were some redeeming qualities. The cha...more
Janet
This was a typical little romance novel. As always, The heroine, Megan, is just totally cute and beautiful and spunky. Pat was just utterly handsome and enchanting. Just once. I wish these authors would use people from ordinary life and their novels.
The good thing is that there weren't constant misunderstandings in which each "combatant" drew to their corners with constant misunderstandings. I like to that they were basically honest with themselves and each other about their feelings.
The cute r...more
Brianne Kreppein
I usually love Evanovich and i was excited to find one i hadnt read. Not her best though. Nice light read.
Ashley
Ashley
Where do I begin on this one?

All I can think is that Evanovich was on crack the whole time she was writing this. Actually, if she was on crack it may have come out better. It's HORRIBLE!

The main character, Megan, was the most crazy, psycho, bipolar, unbearable character in a romantic book I've ever seen. One second she was mad he wasn't proposing to her and the next she wanted to smack him. Granted, when you are in love you do crazy things, but she was just annoying! I mean really!

Thank God Eva...more
Insomnia Book Club: Thanksgiving by Janet Evanovich 13 5 Nov 29, 2011 12:01PM
  • The Plot Thickens
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Michael's Discovery (The Devaneys) (Silhouette Special Edition, No 1513)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)
  • Wild Jinx (Cajun, #7)
  • Strong, Hot Winds
  • To Tempt a Saint (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Manning Grooms (includes: Those Manning Men, #3 - 4)
  • The Care and Feeding of Unmarried Men (Caruso Family, #3)
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Charming Lily
  • Nerd Gone Wild (Nerds, #3)
More about Janet Evanovich...
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2) Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)