Start by marking “Thanksgiving” as Want to Read:
Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  8,549 ratings  ·  344 reviews
When Megan Murphy discovered a floppy-eared rabbit gnawing on the hem of her skirt, she meant to give its careless owner a piece of her mind, but Dr. Patrick Hunter was too attractive to stay mad at for long. Soon the two are making Thanksgiving dinner for their families.
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Thanksgiving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thanksgiving

Pam
This is such a cute story. The whole story takes place in Williamsburg,VA. He is a young pediatrician with a curious rabbit. She is a potter/historical greeter who ran away from her hometown to start over. The two of them are as cute as can be when they have to take care of a little baby for awhile. The babies mother just dropped him off and ran away to go figure things out. She said she'd be back, but didn't tell them where she went or when she'd be back. They both fall in love with litte "Timm ...more
Crystal
Sep 07, 2007 Crystal rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chick lit fans
Shelves: chick-lit
This is a fun, light-weight, easy read. I loved the fact that it was set in Colonial Williamsburg, which is a wonderful place to visit. Since I'd been there, I could envision what was going on in the story with greater clarity than most books I've read. the story itself is nothing exciting or new, and the interaction with the baby, as in any of her books, doesn't seem very realistic. but it's a cute thing to read when you don't want to think too hard and want to have that warm and fuzzy feeling ...more
Debbie
Having just met the small town of Williamsburg’s new pediatrician (Dr. Patrick Hunter) with the corky sense of humor, Megan Murphy was stunned that a young girl would assume she was his wife and drop a baby (Timmy) off. Deciding to give the young women a few days to come back, Megan ‘agreed’ to help take care of the child. Patrick was surprised at how quickly he became attached to Megan and Timmy. The more he thought about it, her realized that he was not in the position to take a wife, and chil ...more
Alexis
Megan Murphy is a potter living and working in Colonial Williamsburg. A chance encounter puts her in the company of Dr. Patrick Hunter, the town's new pediatrician. Another freak encounter puts the two of them in charge of a baby. (That would be the romantic literary device of "putting the main characters into an improbable situation that forces them to remain in each others' company.")

It pains me to give Janet Evanovich so few stars. I love the Stephanie Plum series. I've re-read them multiple
Cheryl Gatling
I had to suspend about a couple tons of disbelief to swallow the premise that an MD who was handed a stray baby would not call social services. I understood that it was necessary for the plot that this man and this woman care for the baby themselves because it will draw them together, but the doctor would at least have filed a report or something. That fact alone made me think this one of the stupidest books I ever read. I was only able to tolerate it by viewing it as an old comic movie, maybe w ...more
Jess Michaelangelo

I liked it, in the way that I occasionally like to watch Hallmark movies because they are light and cheesy and they make me smile. This is, by no means, a literary classic, but I was in the mood for something lighter to read. I enjoyed the colonial Williamsburg setting, and I am definitely counting down the days to Thanksgiving now. Megan and Pat had me laughing with their antics, although I will admit that I did start to get frustrated wondering if they were ever going to get together.
Deniece
I don't know how I forced myself to finish this book.

Megan was the worst protagonist I've read in an adult novel, okay Anastasia(FSoG) is #1 but Megan is #2. She acted like a whiny preteen. Pat was just as bad. None of the characters were likable, I was sitting, waiting the story to get better but it never did. This really has me worried about Evanovich's other works, I'm not sure I want to read them if they're anything like this book.
Nov 03, 2014 Laura rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Shelves: quit-reading
Awful, just awful. I've been growing increasingly disappointed with Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books as none of the characters have shown any growth. I love holiday themed books, however, and since there aren't too many centered around Thanksgiving, I thought I'd give this one a try. I couldn't even finish it. Obviously, most stories require a little suspension of belief, but this requires a whole lot of it! This young mother leaves her baby with baby's pediatrician, and this Doctor keeps ...more
Angela Lynn Holland
This was a good quick read. It is also the first book I have read by Janet. I really liked how the characters connected and jumped right in to take care of the baby. I loved the pretend family. I was a little frustrated with Pat and that he would not just hurry up and marry Meg. I liked the ending of the book as well.
E
Honestly one of my all time favorite "smut" novels...just absolutely hilarious. I remember I was lying on my side reading it and had to sit up b/c I was laughing so hard. Ms. Evanovich signed my copy at a book signing back in the 90s at Waldenbooks at Mongtomery Mall. That was pretty cool.
Darcy
I really like the Stephanie Plum series so thought I would give this book a try. I thought this one was very hokey and predictiable. Had I not been stuck in my car listening to it on CD, I wouldn't have finished it. It was painful.
Alex
Quick 2 hour read. Like all of her books Thanksgiving was light hearted, fun, and sweet. :)
Annie
Listened to....awful!
Y
Karen
This book is set in historic Williamsburg. Megan Murphy works part-time there and meets Patrick Hunter who recently moved there and is a pediatrican. When they first meet, one of his clients drops her baby off and disappears, leaving them to care for him for two weeks. They fall in love with each other and the baby, their parents get into the middle of match-making, and old boyfriend pops in........

I really didn't care for this book. It's just not my kind of book. I guess because I have limited
Cindy
This short lighthearted story is about Megan Murphy, a potter, horse sitter and a weekend aid in Colonial Williamsburg who meets Patrick Hunter a pediatrician who just finished his education and is now starting a practice in town. The two meet when Patrick’s escaped rabbit finds her sitting in a park and begins eating her colonial style dress. The connection they share develops quickly when one of Patrick’s patients, a young mother leaves her son with Patrick and Megan. The three become an insta ...more
Alicia Kline
I figured Now would be a good time to give this one a try.

This was a quick, light hearted romance that was an easy read. A straight up romance, where the leads fall in love quickly, then spend the rest of the story fighting those feelings until the happily ever after at the end. No big surprises here, and definitely not as dark and twisty as I typically read.

There were some laughs here and also some moments where I seriously had to suspend my disbelief. But all in all, it was a cute story.
Angela
I usually like Janet Evanovich's books. They are quick, fun reads, but about mid-way in, this book took a turn for the worst. My feelings for the lead female character in this book turned to disgust when she pretty much wanted to get pregnant to trap the male character. Usually Evanovich's books make you want to cheer the couple on, but this book made me want to scream to the male character to turn and run away as fast as he could. This was not a cute little romance, this was crazy immature obse ...more
K
Megan, minding her own business in colonial Williamsburg-currently- meets a rabbit and his owner Pat, the new pediatrician in town.
Suddenly, a young woman runs in drops off her baby, Tim, and rushingly states-please watch him, I will be back in 2 weeks.
Oh what to do-
These two decide to play house-new baby, learning to cook, meeting each other's families
And of course fall in love.
Felt like a harlequin romance to me. The conversations about sex seemed forced-and strange to me.
Was fun to read
Anne Michael
This is a love story plain and simple. There was nothing different about this love story than most except maybe a rabbit and a baby placed in the plot. For me to enjoy a romance it needs to wow me and I am not talking bedroom scenes. I did however enjoy the Thanksgiving part of the book. She really sold me on that. One other part that I think she did well was when the female character made the cottage "cozy" for him and went as far as brewing coffee just for the aroma. I suggest one read the sto ...more
Susan Ashworth
As usual, Janet Evanovich delivered an intriguing and amusing story.

Anyone who has a sense of humor would enjoy this book. Ms Evanovich always tells her stories with that wonderful wit of hers. I always enjoy her books, including the "Stephanie Plum" novels. Thank you for another amusing story that kept my attention for two days...it only took two days to read because I could not put it down!!!
James Sorensen
What is a rabbit doing running around loose? This is what Megan wonders as she sits down for lunch and finds the wiggly nosed creature nibbling on her skirt. Megan works part time at Colonial Williamsburg and also spins pots foe a living. She soon finds out that the runaway rabbit belongs to the new pediatrician in town, Patrick Hunter. When she shows up to return his bunny the attraction begins.

When Tilly Coogin drops off her son, Timmy, with Doctor Patrick and then disappears the fun really b
Jamie
This book took me a couple hours to read, it was fun, light, and easy. The story itself is nothing exciting or new, some interactions seem to be forced, but others seem right on. The interactions with the baby seem especially forced. But if you're looking for something to keep you entertained for a couple hours, and you want that warm fuzzy feeling, pick it up and check it out.
Maryann Troche
Some Bunny Loves You

This is my first book to ever read by Janet Evanowich and I must say she brings a humor to her words that make reading enjoyable. The romance tended to linger and get resolved a bit too long; however, the humorous scenes help get you past that.
Elizabeth Noah Astle
This story is set in Colonial Williamsburg. Megan Murphy meets the handsome Dr. Patrick Hunter via his curious rabbit. Quickly Megan and Patrick are thrown together when little Timmy's mom leaves town and intrust them to care for her baby.

As they care for Timmy, Megan and the doctor start to fall in love. In come both their families who have them off and getting married in their heads while Megan and Patrick try to figure out exactly what they feel for each other.

A quick read that gives most re
Jessie Cumpson
A story about rabbit getting loose. Meagan Murphy finds it and meets Sr. Patrick Hunter. She thinks he is cute but a carelwss owner. The story expands into a romance and some twists and turns to follow. And adult book some talk of sex.
Kendra
I picked this up because I like to read holiday books -- I love holidays, but sometimes I need a little help getting in the mood to do all the decorating and cooking and buying and . . . well, everything else. So this looked good, especially since it's really difficult to find novels with a Thanksgiving theme.

I'd never read a Janet Evanovich book before, and now I don't plan to wade through another one ever again. It was terrible! I can see from the reviews that some of her other books are wort
Maria
A very straight up romance. At first I liked it a lot. Ilistened to it in my car and found my self chuckle quite a lot. I have just read quite a few darker paranormal romances so I wanted a fluffy read. But even as I like fluff at times I want my characters to have a real feeling about them. I want to believe in them. These two didn´t quite measure up on my scale.
Megan Muprhy was rather silly and all hooked up about babes and getting married and Patrick Hunter, who was supposed to be a pediatric
Kristine
The story line of this romantic comedy was ridiculous and far-fetched with the humor being plain silly. The interest level may be befitting for an immature young adult audience except that there is a constant thread pertaining to the main characters desire for or acting on their sexual impulses. It was a choice made by a member of my book club and I am just thankful that “Thanksgiving” is over!
Insomnia Book Club: Thanksgiving by Janet Evanovich 13 6 Nov 29, 2011 12:01PM
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • The Cowgirl In Question (McCalls' Montana #1)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3855)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Lake Magic
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • My Nerdy Valentine (Nerds, #7)
  • Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)
  • Sean's Reckoning
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
More about Janet Evanovich...
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2) Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)