Start by marking “A Log Cabin Christmas Collection” as Want to Read:
A Log Cabin Christmas Collection

A Log Cabin Christmas Collection (Barbour Christmas Collections)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  413 ratings  ·  76 reviews

Published September 1st 2011 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about A Log Cabin Christmas Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Log Cabin Christmas Collection

A Log Cabin Christmas Collection by Wanda E. BrunstetterA Prairie Christmas Collection by Tracie PetersonA Pioneer Christmas Collection by Lauraine SnellingChristmas On The Prairie by Pamela GriffinA Patchwork Christmas Collection by Judith McCoy Miller
Barbour Christmas Collections
1st out of 8 books — 5 voters
A World of Joy by Christopher  ShieldsBelstarr The Lost Toymaker by David JacksHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussA Christmas Carol by Charles DickensA Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles M. Schulz
Best Christmas Fiction
10th out of 48 books — 74 voters

More lists with this book...

Sara
I chose this book because I really enjoy the historical fiction genre particularly during the pioneer period. The short stories were nice for light reading but after the first few, I realized that they all followed the same basic plot. It would have been nice to have a little variety and maybe a little more development after the marriage of the main characters. But then I guess that probably would have led to novels rather than a collection of short stories. Good for a quick one time read but it ...more
Sandra Stiles
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own.

This is a collection of nine wonderful short stories by nine wonderful authors. They all take place in log cabins, in different states, in the 1800s. There are several reasons I loved this book. First it deals with log cabins which I think are some of the most romantic buildings ever. The stories all happen in my favorite time period in history. If I could go back in time that would be the time period I would wish
Kay
Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley
This is a good story of love and of healing. Sometimes adding children to the mix can accomplish wonders.

The Christmas Secret by Wanda E. Brunstetter
Keeping a secret is not always in the best interest of everyone concerned. This is heart-wrenching story.

Christmas Traps and Trimmings by Kelly Eileen Hake
Times were so difficult for women, who had little or no rights. Interesting story.

A Star in the Night by Liz Johnson
With the help of Jed, Cora learns to trust in God
Jennifer Spiliakos
Some of the stories were better than others (the second story in the book read like bad fanfic, though), and my favorite was the first in the book, which made the rest of it a bit of a letdown, but overall it was a fun Christmas thing to read. Definitely has a Christian bend to it, but it's not too in your face or anything, nothing that would turn me off from reading the better stories again.
Amanda
I didn't read all the stories in this anthology. I was looking for something Christmasy to help me get into the spirit of the season. This book will work for you, if you like your stories sugary sweet. I discovered that I prefer to read a story that is primarily "noir" with a dash of sweetness thrown in at the end.
Dichotomy Girl
This was actually better than I expected. I have this weird guilty pleasure thing for pioneer stories, unfortunately it is very difficult to find ones that are not paired with either Christian or Romance. (and in this case both). But I wanted something sweetly Christmasy, and so this is what I had.

As can be expected, I preferred the ones where the romance was a bit more realistic and the Religious part wasn't shoved in your face.

The worst one had the heroine remarking on the handsomeness of the
Lynda
Out of the nine Christmas stories, all which take place naturally with a log cabin as part of the story, ranged from 2 stars to 5 stars. The stories I enjoyed the most were:
A Star in the Night by Liz Johnson
Christmas Service by Erica Betsch

Enjoyment was a little less:
"The Courting Quilt" by Jane Kirkpatrick
"Under His Wings" by Liz Tolsma

Other stories & their authors were:
"The Christmas Secret" by Wanda E. Brunstetter
"Christmas Traps and Trimmings" b
Victoria
I only liked about 4 of the stories out of the 9 that were placed in it. They all had a log cabin somehow involved in the story. They were Christian romances. I think I liked the last story the most. It seemed the most realistic to me.
Christy
The romance in this book overshadowed good-story-telling for me; but it did have a positive holiday feel to it. The one I most enjoyed was Jane Kirkpatrick's; there is always something a little different about her writing.
Shelley
Most of these were charming and lovely fun distractions.
Judy
Nine different stories and authors make this book well worth reading. They all involve a log cabin, whether it be a honeymoon cabin or a mercantile store built out of logs they all come together for heart warming stories.

2011 Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley
Maddie Parker is the new schoolteacher in Maverick, Texas. She is complained about daily to Sheriff Donovan. He was against hiring a city born teacher in the first place.
Now the school board was back telling him how she kept the kids after sch
Title: A LOG CABIN CHRISTMAS COLLECTION
Authors: Various
Publisher: Barbour Books
September 2011
ISBN: 978-1-61626-478-9
Genre: Historical/Christmas/romance

Love is the best Christmas Gift for the American Pioneer. This book is a collection of several stories but I am going to be featuring a few stories on different days this week to give you a taste of the book.

The Dogtrot Christmas by Michelle Ule – Molly Faires’ brother is building a dog trot cabin on land he bought. Luis Vasco de Carvajal has been
Maureen Timerman
Overview: Experience Christmas through the eyes of adventuresome settlers who relied on log cabins built from trees on their own land to see them through the cruel forces of winter. Discover how rough-hewed shelters become a home in which faith, hope, and love can flourish. Marvel in the blessings of Christmas celebrations without the trappings of modern commercialism where the true meaning of the day shines through. And treasure this exclusive collection of nine Christmas romances penned by som ...more
Lorie
A Log Cabin Christmas is a collection of 9 short stories that all have to do with finding love during Christmas time. Each story has a log cabin in it, whether it’s a school, church or home. All of the stories were heartwarming and sweet. Each story can be read in one sitting. I enjoyed all of the stories. but my favorites were, the Christmas Secret and The Courting Quilt. Here is a recap of each story.
The first story was Snow Angels by Margret Brownley set in Texas in 1885. This short story is
Tammy
A Log Cabin Christmas is a collection of stories that are about 50 pages long. It is hard to believe that so much could be told with such a short length of story. All of the stories are centered around the 1800s, in a log cabin and Christmastime.

A Log Cabin Christmas includes:

Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley

An unexpected snowstorm traps a new school teacher, the town sheriff and three school children in a make-shift school house. All five people emerge from the storm and the school house changed
Kim Justice
My Thoughts on the first story Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley

I loved this collection of stories. Each one of them are amazing by themselves, but by putting them all together in this way kept me reading from one to the next with ease.

So for the first story: Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley

This is an interesting read. Margaret Brownley writes this very serial story set in Maverick, Texas, of a young teacher that comes to teach in a town where there has been tragedy. In some instance's you feel
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Sep 05, 2011 Meagan Myhren-bennett rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christian Romance Novella fans
Recommended to Meagan by: NetGalley
A LOG CABIN CHRISTMAS COLLECTION

Nine Romances of American Pioneer Christmases
By various authors

A Log Cabin Christmas Collection is a compilation of nine heart-warming Christian romances by favorite authors created for the Christmas season. In this 9-in-1 book you have the following stories:

1) SNOW ANGEL by Margret Brownley set in Texas in 1885. Miss Maddie Parker is the new school teacher straight from Boston. When personalities clash and a snow storm traps the young teacher, three students, and
Susan Baganz
Experience Christmas through the eyes of adventuresome settlers who relied on log cabins built from trees on their own land to see them through the cruel forces of winter. Discover how rough-hewed shelters become a home in which faith, hope, and love can flourish. Marvel in the blessings of Christmas celebrations without the trappings of modern commercialism where the true meaning of the day shines through. And treasure this exclusive collection of nine Christmas romances penned by some of Chris ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

The days of log cabins have passed by the wayside, but this collection of short stories will take you back to the 1800’s, and into tough times, loss and love, and more. Let’s step into the past…

Each of the authors in this anthology is a recognized author who writes Christian themed stories. These stories have biblical references but they don’t overwhelm the story. Each story is set in a different location with each family having their
Rachel Brand
GENRE: HISTORICAL ROMANCE
PUBLISHER: BARBOUR PUBLISHING
PUBLICATION DATE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2011
RATING: 4 OUT OF 5 STARS – VERY GOOD

PROS: Introduces readers to established authors and newcomers to the genre; perfect length of stories to read during the busy holiday season

CONS: Not ideal to read one story immediately after the other as the log cabin setting can get a bit repetitive

This endearing collection from Barbour follows on from the success of the previous year’s A Prairie Christmas Collection.
Janine
I read this book over several nights, after finishing another book and knowing I didn't have time to finish another one. All of the stories take place at different times, different areas of the country and different cultures. Yes of course love is a common factor throughout each of the stories, but the way the love forms is different in each story and is sweet perfection in the love of each story, even if I didn't care for the story. This is a book I wouldn't mind reading year after year that is ...more
Dawn
I liked 2 or 3 of the stories, but for the most part did not enjoy this book as well as I had hoped. There were a couple stories where the writing style made the flow of the story difficult to follow, or threw me out of the story while I had to stop and re-read what I had written (and I usually do not have these kinds of difficulties). I'm glad I read it for the couple of stories I liked, but I won't be recommending it to anyone.
Leona
This is a collection of Christmas Christian Romances. The chapters are about 50 pages each and easy to read. Very heart-warming stories. The stories really tell it how it was in the Pioneer Days of the 1880s.
Chaper 1 : "Snow Angel" by Margret Brownley. Maverick, Texas, 1885.
Chapter 2: "The Chistmas Secret" by Wanda E Brunstetter. Allentown, Pennslyvania,1880
Chapter 3: "Christmas Traps and Trimmings" by Kelly Eileen Hake. London, England, October 12, 1811
Chapter 4: "A Star in the Night" by Liz Jo
Kimberly Bush
Wonderful Authors, Poor Editing

I truly enjoyed reading this book.I love compilation books like this. my only issue was the editing. It really throws you off when a sentence is split into two paragraphs or words are put together without a space between them. It was a common occurrence in this book.
Brandi (Rambles of a SAHM)
I’m a complete sucker for a Christmas story. I love to curl up with a sweet story that can be read in one sitting. The beauty of this book is that it combines nine novellas in one volume. So for me that equals nine curl up sessions!

Each story contains the common theme of a pioneer Christmas in a log cabin. These cabins are in different locations and take on different forms, but all are set in the 1800s. There were well known authors and some new authors. This was an absolute delight to read. It
Terresa Smith
I enjoy reading collection of books esp. during the holidays. each story gives you enough interest to keep you reading while at the same time keeping it shorter then a complete novel.
Kerrymac
This was a great Christmas time read! Of the nine short stories four were outstanding and I may try other books by those authors when I want a fun, quick read.
Breanna Eichhorn
This book is amazing, all nine books in this story are very well written and the characters are very well developed. This is one book that I will be able to read again and again.
Jodie
I found this collection of stories fun. I have always loved Little House on the Prairie and because of that, I enjoy stories of a simpler time. This was the perfect read for the holidays.
Terralyn Gauthier
The writing style was too simplistic and lacked depth. The stories were basic at best. A real disappointment.
Giveaway for A Log Cabin Christmas and Christmas Belles of Georgia 2 10 Jan 17, 2012 12:08PM
  • A Prairie Christmas Collection
  • A Pioneer Christmas Collection
  • A Patchwork Christmas Collection: Three Christmas Romances with Bonus Handcraft Patterns and Cookie Recipes
  • The Bartered Bride Collection
  • Christmas Mail-Order Brides: Four Mail-Order Brides Travel the Transcontinental Railroad in Search of Love
  • Mail-Order Mistletoe Brides: Christmas Hearts\Mistletoe Kiss in Dry Creek
  • The Christmas Singing: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • The Midwife's Legacy
  • Naomi's Gift: An Amish Christmas Story
  • Stitched with Love Collection
  • Cowboy Christmas (Wild West Weddings #1)
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart
  • Christmas in Sugarcreek: A Seasons of Sugarcreek Christmas Novel
  • Susanna's Christmas Wish
  • A Biltmore Christmas
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6)
A nationally recognized authority on the Amish community, Wanda E. Brunstetter has sold more than seven million copies of her fiction and nonfiction books. Wanda enjoys an uncommon kinship with the Amish and continues to visit their communities throughout the country. Her books have won numerous awards and topped several bestselling charts.
More about Wanda E. Brunstetter...

Barbour Christmas Collections (7 books)
  • A Prairie Christmas Collection
  • A Pioneer Christmas Collection
  • An Old-Fashioned Christmas Romance Collection: 9 Stories Celebrate Christmas Traditions and Love from Bygone Years
  • The Westward Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Historical Romances Answer the Call of the American West
  • The Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Historical Romances Promise Love Fulfilled at Christmastime
The Bishop's Daughter (Daughter of Lancaster County, #3) The Storekeeper's Daughter (Daughters of Lancaster County, #1) A Cousin's Promise (Indiana Cousins, #1) The Quilter's Daughter (Daughters of Lancaster County, #2) A Sister's Secret (Sisters of Holmes County, #1)