The Day I Owned the Sky

The Day I Owned the Sky

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Rich with frank anecdotes of a life dedicated to flying, General Scott's story is full of vitality and driving energy--just like the great fighter pilot who lived it. 16-page insert.
Published February 1st 1988 by Bantam

Paul
God Is My Copilot was written in 1943 and much of the story was left out. This is the rest of the story plus all of his adventures after. Great story telling and great life lessons!
Curtiss
This is a delightful and inspiring memoir by former fighter pilot, Brig. Gen. Robert Lee Scott, Jr.

While the story serves in part as a continuation of General Scott's wartime biography, "God is My Co-pilot", it also chronicles his life-long enthusiasm for the travels of Marco Polo and his ambition to one day follow in Polo's footsteps along the entire distance of the old silk road and the Great Wall of China. It describes how, thanks to the effort of a high Pakistani official*, he received permi...more
Cws
Apr 10, 2008 Cws added it
358.4
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Jun 25, 2013
Dennis L
Dennis L marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Kosie Zondagh
Kosie Zondagh marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Wally Dunn
Wally Dunn marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2011
Rawya Riad
Rawya Riad marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2009
God Is My Co-Pilot Flying Tiger: Chennault of China Damned to Glory God Is Still My Co Pilot Damned to glory,