Start by marking “Discovering (Lily Dale, #4)” as Want to Read:
Discovering (Lily Dale, #4)

Discovering (Lily Dale #4)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  599 ratings  ·  48 reviews
After finally learning who was behind her mother's death, Calla still doesn't understand why it happened. Somewhere out there, someone seems to share the powerful psychic abilities that allow Calla to see not only into the past, but to the Other Side-someone who apparently doesn't want to be found. Will Calla's journey lead to the closure she's been searching for, or will ...more
Published December 1st 2010 by Walker Books (first published October 13th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Discovering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovering

Harrison Jacobs
I just got done finishing the prologue, so I haven't got that far. I can tell you a little about the beginning of the book though. "So far, I have read that there are two people. One got arrested for murder, and one is a bit scared and worried about the prisoner (their friend). They want to help get her out, but she don't know the dangers of doing that. What I think is going to happen next is the the good one is going to try and break the prisoner out without getting caught by the prison guards" ...more
Linda Munro
Although the other three books in this series were fairly awesome; this book wrapped too many things together, bringing the series to an abrupt conclusion and left the reader wondering WTF? It would be great if the author either continued the series to dismiss this last book or rewrote the last book. Extremely disappointing after the previous three books!
Natalie
Calla survives her encounter with Sharon Logan, her mother's murderer, and is back in Lily Dale where she knows she belongs. Her dad is with her and seems to want to stay.

But things are far from solved. Calla finds out the baby her mom had isn't dead and may be the reason she was murdered. Now Calla wants to find her sister and help her understand everything that happened. Meanwhile, her dad is settling into Lily Dale, Jacy is ready to move their relationship forward, Evangeline has forgiven her
Rachael
Not as good as the first three, but a great ending to a great series. I will definitely read more by this author.
Barbara
This was the last of four books for young adults set in Lily Dale, New York, a community of mediums, clairvoyants, and other spiritualists, as well as some "mere mortals". The books center on teenager Calla Delaney. Her life in Tampa, Florida was destroyed the day she found her mother's broken body at the foot of the stairs. Devastated, her father sends her to live with her grandmother in Lily Dale "temporarily " while he flees to California to teach at a university and look for a new place to l ...more
Katy H
Another installment of Lily Dale goodness. I gather that this was meant to be the last book in the series (since it was published about 4 years ago), but I wouldn't object to reading more. The vast majority of burning questions were answered, but I often wonder what happened after the end. (view spoiler) ...more
Discovering is the fourth book in the Lily Dale series and concludes the drama for Calla. These books have been fun to read – they are quick and the character were very likable to me. Straub does a good job weaving a little thrill and mystery into the high school drama for Calla and her friends. Books 1-3 in the series left you hanging at the end of each one, and I think this last book does a good job of finishing the series. Another fun YA read.
Sara
3.5 stars. Probably my least favorite book in this series but still enjoyable enough to read in one sitting. Calla, from a family of mediums, is learning how to use her psychic abilities while dealing with her dad moving nearby, trying to dig up the truth about her mother's past, and wanting to find the truth about what happened to her mom and why. I thought the mystery in this book was fairly predictable, although some of the details surprised me. Though this installment did tie up some loose e ...more
Rayne
This tied up nicely. All is resolved and we have an idea of things to come. I'm glad Calla sorted out her directions and that her dad wasn't as green about things as was first thought. I found this a very basic, but necessary book to the series. Overall, a nice read.
Nathalie
I'm sad to see this series end. I enjoyed the various story lines. I still despise this author's screwed up usage of verb tenses, though. Her grammar style is what will prevent me from picking up more of her books. It is also what knocked all of my ratings for her books down to three stars.
Dana
I loved it although it was almost anticlimactic. Calla has the boy she wants Jacy..her father has come to live in Lilly Dale after the latest incident, where her mothers killer tried killing her. And still something is missing. As we get closure on many areas the one left open is her mom's and Darrin's past. And as we well know most secrets won't remain hidden.

In this final installment pieces start to fall in place. Friends solidify and places are found to put things we just don't know what to d
Anjelica
This was a great book and the only thing I didn't like was that this is the last book of the series. I wish it included more closure for the supporting characters too.
Connie
Since I have a strong interest in the metaphysical community, I really enjoyed this 4th volume in her Lily Dale series for Young Adults. I have now read the entire series and hope that she will continue to add more books to this series.

Even though this was a teen book written from a teen's perspective, I feel that adults could enjoy it as I did. It did not include the horror and violence of many of the metaphysical/suspense titles written for adults. I do not read these.

I am going to call it a "
Tricia
I loved the whole series. I'm going to miss Calla and her Gammy. I hope Wendy Corsi Staub writes another book with Calla Gammy and Laura
Natalie
Another really good book to the series. It wasn't as "edge of my seat" but then it was concluding everything so it was supposed to move a bit slower. It is definately a young adult read, but I like that. It was easy to move through and I cared about the characters and was eager to see what would happen next. what more could ya ask for in a book! Hmm... not sure what I will dive into next.
Kathy
This was definitely my least favorite book in the series. Understandably, it was slower paced since it was basically wrapping up all the loose ends. However, it was repetitive and by the end, I was really sick of Calla. There were also some small inconsistencies from the previous book. Not a big deal, but annoying. On the whole, I enjoyed the series but I am glad it is over.
Alayna
I cannot get over these books! This last book tied up everything perfectly in a way that kept me hanging on every word. I seriously could not put any of these four books down, and they weren't like some sequels where everything slows down after the first book... In fact, I think things might actually pick up! BEWARE: Once you start to read these books, you're not going to want to stop!
Cathy Rodriguez
I've had a sinus infection so I haven't felt like doing anything but reading. That's why I finished the Lily Dale books so quickly. I really don't know if this finished the series or not. It seems like Staub has left open the story line for more sequels, but didn't see anything about any upcoming books on her website. She did finally tie the main story line to a close.
Erin
This was a great end to the series. Wendy tied up a lot of loose ends with Calla and her family. I am sad to see the series end but will be reading more by this author. This book kept me on my toes the whole time I never knew what the characters were going to do or experience.
Mandie
wow,was so caught up with all the psychics etc.really wanted to get to the end to read that calla really did get to see her mum and find out what really happened to her mum and tom. brilliant series. wasnt my usual read so well done wendy on getting me hooked.
Paula Vaughn
I was skeptical to read the series because it was YA and paranormal. I became engrossed in the books immediately. I'm sad to see the series end but sometimes that can be good. I wouldn't want to read the same stories over again again with different titles.
Dascha
Book 4 of the Lily Dale series. What Calla is finding out about her mother's past is shocking and confusing all-the-way to the end. Makes you want to check out the place Lily Dale is based on! Intriguing read.
Victoria Shepherd
The final book in the Lily Dale series, this book shares the unadorned, forthright storytelling of its predecessors. Economical and entertaining, if somewhat workmanlike. But the series is great fun to read.
Kristie
This book series just grabbed a hold of me and didn't let go until i was finished with all 4 books. i really liked the books i almost wish there were more books about Calla and her half sister Laura
Sydney
my favorite book series ever, i am praying for another book about calla and jacy! i will be highly disapointed if this was the end of the series. it left me wanting much, much, more. haha.
Rhiannon Torres
Loved the final book in the series. I really hope another book is in the works. Great tie of the loose end of the story. As much as its about mediums it's also about family.
Ellen Stenzler

A quick read, and I liked how it wrapped up the storyline of the preceding 3 books. Personally, I was expecting more of a twist at the end, but I still enjoyed it.
Erin
I love this YA series. I wish it were more readily available as I think lots of kids/teens would like it. Definitely one to check out!! Can't wait for the next one!
Caroline
The writing was ok. the story was good. But the best part was the depiction of the Spiritual Community of Lily Dale in New York (near Buffalo.)
  • Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)
  • Second Sight (Sherry Moore, #4)
  • The Circle of Blood (Forensic Mysteries, #3)
  • The Awakening (Ghost Huntress, #1)
  • To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish, #3)
  • Possession (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy #2)
  • The Grim Reaper's Dance (Grim Reaper Mystery, #2)
  • The Spookshow
  • My Lunatic Life (Lunatic Life, #1)
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • Revenant (Zoe Martinique, #4)
  • The Intruders
  • December 1941: The Month That Changed America And Saved The World
  • Cat (Fear Street, #45)
  • Mercy Kill (Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #2)
  • A Haunting Is Brewing (A Witchcraft Mystery #6.5)
  • Knowing Jesse: A Mother's Story of Grief, Grace, and Everyday Bliss
  • Legend of Witchtrot Road (Spirit Guide, #3)
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...

Lily Dale (6 books)
  • Awakening (Lily Dale, #1)
  • Believing (Lily Dale, #2)
  • Connecting (Lily Dale, #3)
  • In The Blink Of An Eye (Lily Dale #5)
  • Nine Lives (Lily Dale #6)
Don't Scream Awakening (Lily Dale, #1) All the Way Home Kiss Her Goodbye Live to Tell (Live to Tell #1)