Cupcakes!: From the Cake Mix Doctor

Cupcakes!: From the Cake Mix Doctor

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  375 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Cupcake magic...

Cupcakes are celebratory, cupcakes are comforting, cupcakes are peel-back-the-paper and tickle-your-inner-child treats that elicit smiles wherever they appear.

But leave it to bestselling cookbook author Anne Byrn to take cupcakes to the next level. Proving that cupcakes can do everything a big cake can do, only better, here are 135 dazzling recipes —and you

Published April 4th 2005 by Workman Publishing Company

Sandra Jackson
Love the Red Velvet cupcakes recipe. I get rave reviews every time I make them! Instead of the peppermint cream cheese frosting I use just her standard cream cheese frosting and still they ask for more! Just wished there were more pictures, it hardly has any.
Lucy
I'd give this a 5 star rating, except it lacks color photos. Other than that, great recipes and tips.
dee
This woman is my hero. If you don't make an awesome cupcake after you read this book there is something terribly wrong with you, I'm just sayin'. Look out Florence, I have the cake mixes and the cake doctor on my team. We call ourselves Team Cupcake! This book would super awesome if it had color photographs. That is my only complaint. This is a cookbook that I could see on my kitchen counter and really get a workout. So that is an A+ right there.
Monica Albright
Great recipes!
Good photos...
I want to love this cookbook...but I just can't. The layout is inconsistent...I'd love to see a new edition of this cookbook with the photos in color on the same pages as the recipes. It is disjointed and doesn't flow to be read from cover to cover...which is what I enjoy doing with a good cookbook. On the other hand, there are several great recipes really worth trying as I hunt and peck throughout the book.
Danielle
I bought this book hoping it would help me pump up my cake mixes. It's been helpful. I didn't know if I should buy this one or another one and was torn so I bought both. I use this one more than the other one but I love the pictures in the other book. They should have added better pictures into this book. Even with the lack of pictures this book is still great.
Nancy
Nov 08, 2012 Nancy added it
I purchased this book because I had so enjoyed my copies of "The Cake Mix Doctor" and "Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor." However, it did not live up to my expectations. I think my main issue is that I'm just not a cupcake baking kind of person. (I do enjoy eating them, however). It was really not my cup of tea.
Lynn
This is a fabulous cookbook for one of the most fun, if not the most fun, desserts ever: the cupcake. Rarely has a recipe failed me, and in the end it has turned me into a pretty dang good cupcake maker (it makes you rather popular, too). I highly recommend this to anyone with a love for cupcakes and a kitchen.
Angela
I just love making cupcakes! They are cute, chic, and oh, so yummy. It is happiness in a little wrapper. The frosting recipes in this book are divine. I have only made one of the cupcake recipes (the warm chocolate cupcakes), but I have drooled just thinking about the next recipe I will try.
Esti
This is a shortcut doctor notes, I'm a big fan of baking from scratch but in-case of emergency I do use cake mix (not on cupcakes .. yet) .. Anne Byrn has lots of ideas to make cake cake mix become something looks like made from scratch ;o)
Samantha Sevekow
Oct 16, 2007 Samantha Sevekow rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lazy Bakers, or working women with little time, but want a home made treat!
Shelves: cooking
Guess I shouldn't give away my baking secrets, but ann's the best. I discovered her on the today show. Her recipies are so simple and they ROCK! No one would know they aren't totally home made!
Melinda
This book give lots of alternate ways to make cupcakes fun, plus it has some yummy muffins. I just love the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. So yummy and easy.
Christina
How can you not love a book all about cupcakes by Anne Byrn, master of sensible baking? Definitely an add-on to my cooking library at some point.
Kiri
A good, solid cupcake book. Lots of recipes, both basic and more exotic. Wish there had been photos of every type of cupcake.
Rachel
Sep 16, 2008 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
YUM! I'm making pink strawberry cupcakes and best birthday cupcakes for my daughter's 3rd birthday party.
Malinee
Great frosting recipes. Easy to follow, always leads to favorable results.
Michelle
red velevet chocolate chip with peppermint white cholocate frosting. yum
Beckstarr
Such a fabulous book if you have kids and love to bake!
Sherri
Good decorating ideas. Not too many photos.
Kristi
I've use it and I want it SO bad!
Mell
Good muffin recipes, too.
Nicole
It has the cupcake bouquet
Joyce
eBook KI
09.17.13
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Suzy Platt
Suzy Platt marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
  • Crazy About Cupcakes
  • 500 Cupcakes: The Only Cupcake Compendium You'll Ever Need
  • Cupcakes!
  • The Modern Baker: Time-Saving Techniques for Breads, Tarts, Pies, Cakes and Cookies
  • The Pastry Queen: Royally Good Recipes From the Texas Hill Country's Rather Sweet Bakery and Cafe
  • The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Old Fashioned Recipes From New York's Sweetest Bakery
  • Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey: Desserts for the Serious Sweet Tooth
  • All Cakes Considered: A Year's Worth of Weekly Recipes Tested, Tasted, and Approved by the Staff of NPR's All Things Considered
  • Southern Cakes: Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations
  • What's New, Cupcake? Ingeniously Simple Designs for Every Occasion
  • Sugar Baby: Confections, Candies, Cakes, & Other Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Sugar
  • The Art and Soul of Baking
  • The Taste of Home Baking Book
  • Baked Explorations: Classic American Desserts Reinvented
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • Miette: Recipes from San Francisco's Most Charming Pastry Shop
  • Cake Pops: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats
  • Rose's Heavenly Cakes
The Cake Mix Doctor Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor The Dinner Doctor What Can I Bring? Cookbook The Cake Mix Doctor Returns!: With 160 All-New Recipes