Start by marking “Naked Beneath My Clothes: Tales of a Revealing Nature” as Want to Read:
Naked Beneath My Clothes: Tales of a Revealing Nature

Naked Beneath My Clothes: Tales of a Revealing Nature

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Rita Rudner's comedy is carefully structured, impeccably timed and exquisitely funny. From one of the best comedians working today comes a wildly funny collection of stories about men, women, modern problems, and life before remote control.

Rita Rudner on pierced ears: "Men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry.
Audio CD, Abridged, 90 pages
Published July 1st 1992 by Highbridge Audio (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Naked Beneath My Clothes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naked Beneath My Clothes

Myriah
I found this book at the library. I love finding stuff.

I read this book in about two days and I laughed/was amused for about 60% of that time. The author likes to generalize men and women sometimes, and that sort of thing always gets under my skin, so I just skimmed those parts and felt very good about this book. I enjoyed reading it.

It took me until the middle of the book to realize it was a collection of short essays about the author's life. This book was published (I think) in 1992, and tha
Lori
I have loved Rita Rudner since her early stand up days (It's not that I didn't want to go to prom...it's that no one would tell me where it was). This book makes me laugh out loud.
Holly
This is a pretty funny lady. I love her understated delivery and absolutely hilarious view on things. If you've never seen her stand-up, I recommend you watch her. She's great.
Margie
Amusing but not as hilarious as I used to think she was. The book was made up of several humorous essays. Some were funnier than others.
Katrina
I got this book ages ago, and every time I pick it up, I'm reminded how much I enjoy it. Some of my all-time favorite quotes come directly from it's pages. It's the perfect book to distract you when you're trudging away on the elliptical machine. (You won't find me smiling or laughing while working out otherwise.) The entertaining and somewhat peculiar way she views the world and herself is witty and quick and somehow truly hits home with many of us. I got to speak with her when she released "Ti ...more
Doris Jean
A clever writer. Entertaining, fun. I enjoyed this book.
Lynnett
Literally laughed till my sides hurt. I love her dry humor and casual delivery. This book reads just like her stand up comedy show would play out.
Maura
She really is a pretty funny lady and most of her comedy is entirely about timing. I've seen her live and she always pauses just so and then delivers the line. I'm pretty sure I picked this up in a dollar store and was pleasantly surprised at how funny it was. She has a great sense of humor and I enjoyed reading the book (not always true for me with comedians).
Therese
This book was funny to my 14 year old self, sure. But I will mostly always remember it as the book Mrs. Gouge wouldn't allow me to read in "Reading Class" because it wasn't Christ-centered, and had "naked" in the title. Also she had a problem with "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" which, though it was about a church...was also about Catholics (Satan).
Sean Polite
If you have a speck of interest in the unique style of her stand up comedy, I highly recommend this book and her others. She's mastered several forms of book writing, and this collection of short stories is chock full of hilarity and heart. The photo of her with the kangaroo is worth at least a random bookstore browse.
Angie
This book is a collection of witty short stories. I read it once in high-school. I remember reading it during my sister's piano lesson (while I was waiting for mine to start) and I couldn't help but laugh out loud. I found it again a few months ago and wasn't disappointed. It made me laugh again :)
Jan
I love Rita Radner, as an entertainer. What a lovely lady!! The book I have is actually signed by her and I have chatted with her in real life! We took in one of her shows in Vegas a few years ago. As you read this book, you can hear Rita speaking and you will laugh all over again!
Soon-gill
I love a good laugh and so any time I can get one it's good. This book promises to be fun and quick. I happened to see her for the first time a few months ago and she is very funny. So now I have to read her book.
Jo
I laughed so hard I had to read it at home. I like to take my books to work and read on break but people look at you strange when you start giggling to yourself.
Les
Funny, funny woman. I love Ms. Rudner's stand-up, and her essays are nearly as funny.
Jessica
Collection of funny stories and anticdotes from Rita Rudner. Very funny.
Kevin Connery
Stand-up routine ssurvived transfer to text quite well.
Shandra
Very funny - I love her!
Lynsie Rhoton
Lynsie Rhoton marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Magda Narima
Magda Narima marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Mariam Fernández
Mariam Fernández is currently reading it
Jun 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Granta Book of the American Short Story
  • Communities of Practice: Learning, Meaning, and Identity
  • Bad Bridesmaid: Bachelorette Brawls and Taffeta Tantrums--Tales from the Front Lines
  • Reduced Shakespeare: The Attention-Impaired Reader's Guide to the World's Best Playwright [Abridged]
  • The Knight of the Burning Pestle
  • Lit Riffs: Writers "Cover" the Songs They Love
  • The Comedy Bible: From Stand-up to Sitcom--The Comedy Writer's Ultimate "How To" Guide
  • White Noise: Text and Criticism
  • No Shirt, No Shoes...No Problem!
  • It's Not That I'm Bitter . . .: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Visible Panty Lines and Conquered the World
  • Dumbheart: A Get Fuzzy Collection
  • A Student's Guide To History
  • Seuss-isms
  • Have I Got a Guy for You: What Really Happens When Mom Fixes You Up
  • Human Nature and Conduct
  • Only Child: Writers on the Singular Joys and Solitary Sorrows of Growing Up Solo
  • Theodore Roosevelt's Letters to His Children
  • Secret Lives Of The First Ladies: What Your Teachers Never Told You About The Women of The White House
Rita Rudner is an American comedienne, writer and actress.

Rudner and her producer husband, Martin Bergman, wrote the screenplay of the film Peter's Friends, in which she also acted. She is the author of the best-selling I Still Have It; I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It, Naked Beneath My Clothes, and the novels Tickled Pink and Turning The Tables. She has written several screenplays with her hu
More about Rita Rudner...
Tickled Pink: A Comic Novel I Still Have It . . . I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It: Confessions of a Fiftysomething Turning the Tables: A Novel Rita Rudner's Guide to Men turning the tables