Start by marking “Without Due Process (J.P. Beaumont, #10)” as Want to Read:
Without Due Process (J.P. Beaumont, #10)

Without Due Process (J.P. Beaumont #10)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,995 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Top ten New York Times bestselling author J.A. Jance brings us another unforgettable mystery featuring Seattle detective J.P. Beaumont, who is fighting to save a frightened child from a brutal murderer.

What kind of monster would break into a man′s home at night, then slaughter him and his family? The fact that the dead man was a model cop who was loved and respected by all
Published October 13th 2009 by William Morrow (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Without Due Process, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Without Due Process

Jan C
Jul 11, 2014 Jan C rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, police, audio, 2014
Beau and Big Al get called to a familiar address when an officer down call goes out. Turns out it is to an address where a good friend of Big Al lives. Plus, the call came with a warning that families of cops would be shot. They get to a crowded, bloody scene where Ben, his wife and three children were slaughtered with a knife. Beau is basically trying to keep Big Al from seeing his friend's body. They hear a noise from the closet. It turns out that one of the three dead boys was a neighbor and ...more
Marti
May 17, 2014 Marti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
For me, this was the best yet of the Beaumont series. It was fast moving, the characters were all interesting, and the story elements were interesting. As the novel opens, we see Beaumont and his partner, Big Al answering a call that turns out to have been the brutal murder of one of Big Al's closest friends along with his entire family including the dog. The murdered cop was one of the few African-Americans on the Seattle police force and Beau's "old buddy" Kramer wants it an open and shut race ...more
Susan
Mar 15, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the latest of this series that I have read. Pretty good mystery and you didn't have to read all the others to understand the history.

What kind of monster would break into a man's home at night, then slaughter him and his family? The fact that the dead man was a model cop who was loved and respected by all only intensifies the horror. But the killer missed someone: a five-year-old boy who was hiding in the closet. Now word is being leaked out that the victim was "dirty." But Seattle P.D.
Megargee
Oct 14, 2015 Megargee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this 10th in the Beaumont series, Beau is back from rehab and staying sober as he
is once again teamed up with Big Al to solve the slaughter of Al's former partner, Gentle Ben,
his family, and even their dog, Spot, in their home and protect Ben's surviving son, a toddler
who witnessed the killing.
Ginger Weirich
Feb 20, 2016 Ginger Weirich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a mild-mannered cop and his entire family are murdered, it looks like the Seattle gangs might be going nuts. But all is not as it seems, and this tale is as convoluted as they come. Another excellent story from J. A. Jance. J.P. Beaumont is becoming a regular fixture in my home. 5 stars.
Ed
Aug 17, 2015 Ed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#10 in the J.P. Beaumont series.

#10 - Seattle police detective J.P. Beaumont seeks the murderer of a fellow officer and his family. Conflicting clues indicate the slain officer was involved in secret activities; other clues indicate police officers may have been responsible for the killing.
Bruce Snell
Book number 10 in the J.P.Beaumont series by J.A. Jance - 3 stars. Beaumont is assigned to work the case of another cop and his entire family being killed. Typical, reliable Jance - not something to cause the reader to rethink his view of the world, but certainly able to entertain for a few hours.
Roxy
Jun 23, 2014 Roxy rated it really liked it
This book touches on police corruption and gang violence. I enjoy this series because the plotlines are suspenseful, based in modern reality and because Beau solves the case!
Mary
Mar 02, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this edition of the Beau series, Ralph has had a fax machine installed in Beau's apt and introduced him to a new Woman interest.
Jessica
JP Beaumont is just the best. I like the way he thinks.

THis book is about the family who gets murdered, but the little boy lives.
Ricardo
This is the first book by Jance that I find more than just average. Entertaining and fast-paced read
Kim Beatty
Jun 21, 2014 Kim Beatty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite character written by my all time favorite author. Could and do read these books over and over!
Vicki
Jun 26, 2015 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good suspense - really enjoyed this mystery. I'd recommend it to any murder mystery lover.
Lesly
Dec 26, 2014 Lesly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the lead character, Detective Beumont and that JA Jance is female. Like her writing style.
Pat
Apr 08, 2015 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Cop and family were killed.
Crooked cops.
Good one.
Kay
May 14, 2014 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, live the continuing development of the major characters. Enjoying series very much.
Donna Collier
Mar 28, 2015 Donna Collier rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Okay. Fast moving, typical mystery. Always enjoyable, but never sad to move on to the next thing!
Molly
Feb 27, 2015 Molly rated it really liked it
Beaumont continues to engage and solve murders.
Linda
Mar 05, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great light police procedural series; lots of fun. Read the series in order!
Maria
Feb 08, 2016 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Series is definitely getting better.
Mary
Sep 12, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4-. Police mystery with good suspense.
Susan Gaska
Nov 29, 2014 Susan Gaska rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four and a Half stars.
Carol Hassett
Aug 22, 2014 Carol Hassett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
Another great J.P. Beaumont mystery.
Marti
Oct 03, 2010 Marti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the last paperback JA Jance suspense novel I have until I discover one at a book sale. I shall have to check the local library to see if they have any. This is as usual well written and enjoyable. Beau's friend and financial advisor Ralph is visiting, and helps out especially when Beau brings home a little boy who was witness to the slaughter of his family. Unfortunately for the police force, THEY end up being villains as a number of them are involved in the case. One could become addict ...more
H R Koelling
My girlfriend's father gave this book to me because he thought I might like it. I wasn't thrilled with the prospects of reading it, but I ended up thinking the book was pretty cool. It was a good book to read before bed because most of the chapters are relatively short. And I could remember what happened with the plot if I didn't have a chance to read it for a few days.

My introduction to detective Beaumont was a great beginning to Nance's work. I just might read more of her books if I come acro
Donna Mcnab
Apr 13, 2013 Donna Mcnab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a Seattle Police Officer is found murdered in his home, together with his wife and children, a task force is set up to investigate. Although Detective J. P. "Beau" Beaumont and his partner are initially put on the case, they are included only periphally in the investigation. However, as it begins to appear that police officers may have played a part in the murders, Beau is very much involved in the search for the perpetrators. Another great J. P. Beaumont novel!
Stephanie Benoit
Sep 26, 2015 Stephanie Benoit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another winner!
Pr Latta
Read 20 years after publication, #10 in the JP Beaumont mystery series delivers a solid police procedural even if he seems surprised at a home fax and "cellular" phones are rare. With the Space Needle firmly in the background (strong Seattle sense of place), this title brings in racial tensions, gangs (and a bit of hope), corruption, Ralph Ames, Ron Peters, Big Al, and introduces Sue Daniels. I probably enjoy the ensemble feel even more than the mystery.
Marca
Mar 28, 2013 Marca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cop and his family are slaughtered, but one small child, who was hiding in a closet, is missed and survives. The officer was a much-respected man, but there might be some evidence that the officer was on the other side of the law. It’s up to Detective J.P. Beaumont to protect the child (who saw the killer) and to find out what the deceased officer was up to. Lots of action and characters to follow, but worth reading.
  • By Stone, by Blade, by Fire (Barbara Holloway, #13)
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • Maximum Security (Marty Nickerson, #3)
  • Blind Bloodhound Justice
  • Flat Spin (A Cordell Logan Mystery, #1)
  • Hard Truth (Anna Pigeon, #13)
  • Ask the Cards a Question
  • The Pied Piper (Boldt/Matthews #5)
  • Circle of Influence (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #1)
  • Who in Hell Is Wanda Fuca? (Leo Waterman, #1)
Judith Ann Jance is the top 10 New York Times bestselling author of the Joanna Brady series; the J. P. Beaumont series; three interrelated thrillers featuring the Walker family; and Edge of Evil, the first in a series featuring Ali Reynolds. Born in South Dakota and brought up in Bisbee, Arizona, Jance lives with her husband in Seattle, Washington, and Tucson, Arizona.

Series:
* J.P. Beaumont
* Joann
More about J.A. Jance...

J.P. Beaumont (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Until Proven Guilty (J.P. Beaumont, #1)
  • Injustice for All (J.P. Beaumont, #2)
  • Trial by Fury (J.P. Beaumont, #3)
  • Taking the Fifth (J.P. Beaumont, #4)
  • Improbable Cause (J.P. Beaumont, #5)
  • A More Perfect Union (J.P. Beaumont, #6)
  • Dismissed with Prejudice (J.P. Beaumont, #7)
  • Minor in Possession (J.P. Beaumont, #8)
  • Payment in Kind (J.P. Beaumont, #9)
  • Failure to Appear (J.P. Beaumont, #11)